Taufon eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Taufon is a metabolic drug that is used in ophthalmology. It has a positive effect on the structure of the eye in various degenerative processes, improving the metabolic and energetic processes.
Also Taufon normalizes the level of fluid pressure inside the eye. So it is used in therapy of pathological processes, such as:
- traumatic injury of the cornea;
- dystrophic lesions of the cornea;
- cataract of different origin;
- glaucoma, open-angle form.
The composition and form of issue
The ophthalmic composition of the drug Taufon represented by the following chemical substances:
- taurine, a concentration of 4%;
Release form — it is a plastic bottle with a dropper, which is convenient to carry and use in any situation. The volume of the bottle is 5 ml and 10 ml, so a person can choose the one that suits him.
Method of application
Method of application ophthalmology products, Taufon is in the following recommendations:
- in each eye instilled one or two drops;
- during the day the number of drops is three to four times;
- the duration of treatment ranges from one to three months, which is determined individually by the attending physician.
The main contraindications to the use of this medicine:
- patient age less than 18 years of age;
- hypersensitivity to taurine as the basic active substance;
- the period of gestation, as not proven the safety of this drug at this time.
Side effects when using ophthalmic tools are recorded quite rarely. However, when they occur, you must consult with an ophthalmologist for further question about the possibility of continuing this treatment.
The main side effects are:
- allergic intolerance;
- the feeling of itching and burning in the eye;
- increased tear production.
Special instructions to be followed in the treatment of the drug Taufon, as follows:
Alina, 29 years old
«Great drops for recovery of the cornea while wearing contact lenses. I use them to moisturize my eyes, but not on lenses. The drug is available in price and without prescription».
Hope, 45 years
«Recently was on reception at the ophthalmologist. The survey showed the initial stage of cataract. The doctor prescribed drops Taufon. The tool is good, when backfilling not not pleasant sensations, and cheaper than analogs».
Cristina, 34 years
«My husband once in the country hurt the eye with a branch from a tree. Went to the ophthalmologist for help. He said that the damaged cornea, and wrote us a prescription for Taufon, for quick healing of the cornea. Yes, the tool really helped, the wound healed faster.»
Analogues of this ophthalmic drug are:
- The emoxipin;
- Ujala and others.
Analog drugs are used in the case where there is intolerance of Taufon. All drugs-substitutes have a similar effect but their composition is not identical, and therefore the tolerance, and efficiency.
The price of the drug Taufon is from 80 to 120 rubles, depending on the pharmacy, which is engaged in its implementation. Therefore, the drug is affordable for most patients.