Taurine eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Taurine is an ophthalmic drug that has a metabolic effect, which increases the efficiency of energy processes occurring in the structures of the eyeball. Therefore, it is prescribed for eye diseases such as:
- cataracts, which can have different origins;
- traumatic lesions of the cornea;
- dystrophic lesions of the cornea;
- dystrophic damage of the retina.
The composition and form of issue
The composition of the ophthalmic preparation is represented by the following chemical substances:
- taurine, which is the main active ingredient;
- aqueous solution.
The concentration of taurine in the solution is 4%, which is sufficient to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Release form — it is a plastic bottle with a dropper, which is convenient to carry. The volume of the bottle is 5 and 10 ml. Therefore, a person can choose the amount that suits him (depending on treatment).
Method of application
Method of application ophthalmology products, Taurine is in the following recommendations:
- the conditions of sterility during backfilling;
- in each eye instill one or two drops;
- frequency of instillation for the day should be three to four times;
- the duration of treatment can vary from one to three months. She is determined individually depending on the degree of severity of the underlying pathological process.
Special instructions to be followed:
- gestational period, as there are no convincing data on the safety of the fetus;
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age;
- hypersensitivity to Taurine, which may occur only in some patients.
Side effects when using ophthalmic tools are recorded quite rarely. However, when they occur, you must consult with an ophthalmologist for further question about the possibility of continuing this treatment. The main negative consequence of such treatment may consist in the occurrence of allergic reactions of ocular structures.
Special instructions to be followed in the process of drug treatment Taurine:
Positive. Buyers noted that the drops Taurine is inexpensive and effective drug. It is well relieves fatigue, dryness, watery eyes eyes. The tool has a convenient bottle. It is easy to dig in the eye.
Negative. Some people with instillation felt a burning sensation in the eyes and manifested itself in a terrible allergic reaction.
Analogues of this ophthalmic drug are:
- The emoxipin;
- Taufon, and others.
Taufon is the brand name of the drug the active the active substance Taurine. Therefore, the latter is a cheaper tool that you can use for the same purpose. Other drugs as a main component are another matter, differences in the tolerability and effectiveness for each patient.
The price of the drug Taurine is from 20 to 50 rubles depending on the pharmacy, which is engaged in its implementation. However, low cost and comprehensive action make it an affordable and indispensable tool in the treatment of many pathological processes.