The restasis eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
The restasis is an ophthalmic drug that affect lesoproduktsii and on the immune status of the eye. It inhibits the activity occurring immune responses. The main indication of its purpose – it is a dry keratoconjunctivitis, which is accompanied by reduction of slezna liquid. It protects and moisturizes the cornea.
The composition and form of issue
The drug is presented as the main active ingredient and auxiliary. One of the main cyclosporine, has pronounced immunomodulatory properties.
Excipients have a stabilizing and preservative functions. They include:
- oil based on castor;
- glycerol alcohol;
- prepared water;
- sodium hydroxide.
The restasis is available in a disposable vial with a volume of 0.4 ml. It is very convenient, since the contents of the vial are virtually not infected.
Method of application
Method of use of the drug Restasis as follows:
- make sure one or two times shake to obtain a homogeneous mixture;
- instilliruut one or two drops in each conjunctival SAC of morning and evening;
- after dripped, you should blink a few times to distribute the funds;
- the interval between the instillation should be an average of 12 hours, given the half-life of the drug.
Contraindications to the use of the drug Restasis:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the tool;
- infectious-inflammatory affections of the eye;
- the period of gestation;
- the time when the woman is breastfeeding;
- herpetic keratitis, as in the background of the use of this drug reduces the activity of the immune reactions that can result in reactivation of the infection.
Side effects from this drug, as with any immune means, is always there. Frequency of prevalence, they are as follows:
- quite often there is a burning sensation in the site of instillation;
- somewhat less marked redness of eyes, pain and itching sensation, feeling of sand, blurred vision, hypersensitivity to light, pain in the frontal or temporal parts;
- more rarely observed erosive and ulcerative lesions of the cornea, redness and swelling of the eyelids, nausea, rash and symptoms of vertigo;
- quite rarely reported systemic allergic reactions.
Special instructions when using the drug Restasis are as follows:
- one bottle is enough for one use, the remaining funds are immediately utilized;
- wearing contact lenses is a contraindication to the use of this drug;
- immediately after instillation may be blurred vision, so it is necessary to wait some time before you start driving.
Inna, 27 years
«I ran into the same problem as severe watery eyes and frequent sneezing. Went on reception to the doctor, he wrote me a prescription for Restasis drops. As it turned out they were not cheap. I bought for 3200 RUB. Nothing that expensive, the main thing that helped. But it’s not. I dripped them for two months exactly, the result is not seen, only the sneezing stopped. Was that wasted money.»
Vladislav, 30 years
«The drug was buried after he was treated for acute conjunctivitis. Eye after disease remained red. Received the Restasis for a few days, redness completely gone, but the sensations of sand eye pain decreased. Drip the drug I continued for another couple of months. So far everything is normal. The only drawback drops their price».
Completely analogous to the treatment that had the same mechanism of action and indications for use as Restasis, currently on the pharmaceutical market. When it intolerance can be used drugs from the group of substitutes artificial tears. They partially compensate the action of Restasis. These include:
• Natural tears;
• Oftagel and others.
The price of the drug Restasis, as well as any immunomodulatory agents, is quite high. On average, it ranges from 3000 to 4000 rubles, depending on the pharmacy network, which produces its implementation.