Tobradex eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Tobradex is a combo drug that is used in ophthalmology. It has both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action. This allows you to get speedy relief of certain clinical manifestations of eye diseases. The main evidence for the purpose of Tobradex is the prevention of infectious-inflammatory processes after operations on the eyes, and treatment of already developed inflammatory lesions of the eye.
Tobradex contains a corticosteroid component, which effectively inhibits the development of inflammatory responses and anti-bacterial component that is effective against many bacterial infections of the eye. A corticosteroid also has anti-allergic activity, as it suppresses the immune response and this type. It is important that this drug does not slow down the recovery processes of the cornea, so it can be used in the postoperative period and after various traumatic injuries of the eyeball.
The composition and form of issue
The drug Tobradex is represented by two main active ingredients that provide comprehensive therapeutic effect on the structures of the eyeball. We are talking about the Tobramycin is the antibiotic which has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity, and Dexamethasone – representative corticosteroids. However, these components have kept their therapeutic properties, require the presence of the drug excipients. In Tobradex these are:
- benzalkonium chloride;
- sterile water and other components that act as preservatives and stabilizers.
Tobradex eye drops are available in plastic vials. The volume of one package is 5 ml.
Method of application
Apply ophthalmic Tobradex means is necessary according to certain rules, which take into account daily and one-time drug dosage and other aspects. These rules are as follows:
- time backfilling is one or two drops;
- instillation produced in both eyes;
- the interval between applications of the data eye drops should be 4 — 6 hours;
- the duration of treatment should be determined by the doctor based on the severity of the inflammatory response. However possible therapy with Tobradex should be the shortest that did not develop secondary bacterial infection.
Contraindications should be considered before beginning treatment. Therefore, without the help of an ophthalmologist not to do any self-medication should not be. The main situations that limit the use of Tobradex include:
- individual Hyper-sensitivity to any component of the drug;
- viral diseases of the eye;
- fungal diseases of the eye;
- tuberculous lesions of the eye;
- the period of breastfeeding of the child;
- early childhood.
Sometimes the treatment with Tobradex may be accompanied by side effects, which include:
- burning sensation in the eyes;
- swelling of the conjunctiva and blurred vision;
- swelling of the eyelids;
- the increase in the level of pressure of the intraocular fluid;
- reduction of transparency of the lens;
- activation of a secondary bacterial infection.
In the treatment process must adhere to the specific instructions. We are talking about the following:
«My drops really helped out when manifested conjunctivitis. Dripping according to the instructions, and after a few days it passed. So I recommend these miracle drops!»
Victoria, 28 years
«Somehow the child (3 years) there conjunctivitis. He spoke to his pediatrician, he prescribed us this medicine. After 4 days my son was able to see normally, his eyes were no longer the matter of pus. Drops Tobradex always in our medicine Cabinet. They are expensive, but the health of the child can not save».
Some analogues have similar Tobradex therapeutic effect. Their use is indicated for intolerance, presence of contra-indications and in case of development of side effects during treatment with Tobradex.
The main drugs that have similar action are:
- Garison etc.
Most of them have the same complex structure. He is presented as a corticosteroid and an antimicrobial component.
The price of ophthalmic medication Tobradex ranges from 250 to 350 rubles. Such dispersion is due to different pricing policies of pharmacies who are engaged in its implementation.