Trusopt eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Trusopt is a drug which is used in ophthalmology to treat glaucoma. Its advantages are:
- high efficiency;
- good tolerability;
- the minimum number of side effects;
- the absence of spasm of accommodation;
- no effect on pupil size;
- the absence of violations of view, even in bright light.
The therapeutic efficacy of the drug Trusopt is determined by its ability to reduce the production of aqueous humor. The size of the iridocorneal angle, this tool is not affected, so when zakrytougolnoy form of glaucoma is ineffective.
The composition and form of issue
The main active substance is dorzolamide. Also, there are excipients that maintain the therapeutic activity of the active substance. These include:
- benzalconi chloride;
- sterile water (a universal solvent);
- compounds of cellulose;
- sodium in combination with citrate, and hydroxide.
Trusopt is a eye drops which come in plastic bottles. One vial contains 5 ml solution of dorzolamide. It is equipped with a dropper, so it is easy and convenient to use this drug.
Method of application
Method of application Trusopta as follows:
- the dose is one drop, which will be placed in the affected eye;
- the rate of burrowing during daylight hours is three times;
- the duration of treatment is determined by the ophthalmologist.
Before this appointment eye care drug doctor be sure to evaluate the possible contraindications, which can lead to the development of adverse effects to the patient. If identified from the use Trusopta refrain, prescribe another drug to treat glaucoma. The main contraindications are:
- intolerance to any component in its composition;
- marked insufficiency of kidney function;
- pregnant women;
- nursing mothers;
- failure of liver function.
Treatment with Trusopt most of the patients tolerated well enough. However, some of them may be registered certain side effects. Their appearance is the reason for the unscheduled consultations of ophthalmologist to address the question of the future possibility of applying this ophthalmology products.
In the treatment Trusopt can be the following side effects:
- pain in the eyes after instillation;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- redness of the eyes;
- swelling and as a result, blurred vision.
In the treatment Trusopt should observe special instructions:
Oksana S., 57 years
«I have glaucoma in my right eye. For the treatment the doctor prescribed drops Trusopt and Acumed. But the problem is not gone, intraocular pressure has not dropped, and yet there was a dryness in the eyes and they are itchy. To the end can not understand what the drug gives you such an adverse reaction. Will go again to the hospital, maybe the doctor will say.»
Bogdan, 40 years
«A week ago began to drip these drops, according to instructions as the doctor prescribed. After treatment several times with the nose bleed. What to do now I don’t know if they continue to drip?»
The analogues are necessary in order to replace Trusopt in situations when the need arises. It can be the following cases:
- the presence of contraindications to the treatment Trusopt;
- the development of side effects against the background of such therapy;
- the need to replace protivoglaucomnoe means to develop addictive and decreased therapeutic efficacy of the drug;
- the lack Trusopta in the pharmacy network.
Main counterparts of this ophthalmic drug are:
- Drops fotil;
Price eye care drug Trusopt relatively high in comparison with some other protivoglaucomnami drugs. It varies in the range of 500-600 rubles, depending on the implementing the pharmacy network. However, the high efficiency Trusopta and good tolerability of define high demand.