Ovarian dysfunction: causes, symptoms and treatment
Ovarian dysfunction is a hormonal disorder body of work, which leads to anovulation and menstrual disorders. Manifest pathology can a number of abnormal conditions associated with endocrine, reproductive and other body systems. Also consider what symptoms are characteristic of the disease.
What is ovarian dysfunction?
Ovarian dysfunction – a disease of the female genitalia in time, which interferes with the normal operation of sex hormones. This condition can affect ovulation and the menstrual cycle. Female ovaries – paired organs is located in the pelvis. They produce estrogen (the most important female sex hormones), to a lesser extent, but also highlighted the androgynous and progesterone hormones.
Pathology may manifest dysfunctional uterine bleeding, bleeding duration more than 7 days after a delay longer than 35 days, are also frequent, irregular and erratic periods that come for different periods of time and less than 21 days.
Some women appear complex symptoms as in PMS. It can be irritability, nagging pain in the lower abdomen, psychological changes and other signs.
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding can be divided into three groups:
- the juvenile period;
- the climacteric.
Ovarian dysfunction in women is most often associated with inflammatory gynecological diseases. All three groups have one feature – selection intensive and painless.
A normal cycle lasts from 21 to 35 days with vaginal bleeding duration of 3-7 days. The physiological norm of blood loss during this period should not normally exceed 150 ml.
So you need to monitor their health. Any deviation from the norm, the rhythm, the duration and volume can indicate that you have ovarian dysfunction. Necessary to visit gynecologist.
The symptoms characterizing the pathology
The symptoms always include a variety of disorders associated with the menstrual cycle. This is due to the faults occurring in the selection and production of the female hormones that control the ovaries (LH, FSH, prolactin and others). Over the cycle the ratio changes, so the follicle normally Matures and the egg comes out. Also, the phase of the corpus luteum is absent, if the reduced levels of progesterone and estrogen increases.
In the first stages, ovulation does not occur in every cycle, but if pathology start it disappears and comes anovulation.
Symptoms that indicate deviations from the norm in a loop:
- bleeding is acyclic, there is no clear date for the onset of secretions;
- over and over again or after a time delay;
- the duration of discharge is increased;
- large blood loss;
- frequent bleeding (does not pass and 21 day);
- poor selection;
- amenorrhea – no menstruation, as a rule, this symptom is a signal that dysfunction has long been neglected.
Common symptoms of dysfunction:
- delay or start early;
- strong or poor selection;
- pain, which was not observed earlier or if they increased;
- the miscarriage of the child, spontaneous rejection of the fetus;
- anovulatornoe cycles not associated with the physiological nature of pregnancy, lactation or menopause;
- no menses six months;
- PMS, tearfulness, irritability, nervousness, etc.
If a woman notice the symptoms that indicate the presence of pathology, should immediately contact the doctor.
Why manifested pathology: causes
Ovarian dysfunction is the aggregate concept, since the disease can be triggered by different disorders in the female reproductive system. Often the causes of disease is chronic or acute inflammatory diseases, for example, the specific type of vaginitis, endometritis, endocervicitis, oophoritis, and others.
The most common reasons:
- spontaneous miscarriage early in pregnancy;
- ovarian cyst;
- uterine fibroids, polyps, and various benign growths;
- cancer and dysplasia;
- intrauterine device;
- suitable oral contraceptives;
- pathological structure of the ovaries;
- operations on the ovaries;
- hypothermia in the pelvic area.
There are also other reasons that would seem to not really affect the ovaries, but can be a catalyst for the failures in their work.
- potent of depression and stress;
- prolonged stress that lead to burnout;
- use of pharmaceutical drugs;
- chemotherapy, radiation therapy;
- overheat in the sun;
- overstrain, physical and moral;
- diseases associated with the adrenal glands and the hypothalamus.
Quite rare, but has the right to life, the diagnosis of a genetic glitch where all because of chromosomal abnormalities. 15% of women have a predisposition to dysfunction of the ovaries, which was also observed in relatives.
Also there is such a thing as «idiopathic» (primary) dysfunction the exact cause scientists have not yet found out. Many doctors believe that Smoking, working in hazardous work, living in poor environmental conditions also adversely affect the normal work of the penis.
The manifestation of disease in different age periods
As mentioned above, the characteristic condition is when ovulation does not occur every cycle, and in severe cases disappears. Dysfunction of the ovaries of reproductive age, usually accompanied by increased level of estrogen, it increases the risk of fibroids, mastitis, malignant tumors, endometriosis.
Violation of the ovaries predklimaktericescom period is characterized by uterine bleeding. Bleeding occur because violations occur in the maturation of the follicles resulting in the development of endometrial hyperplasia. Also dysfunction can exist in the development of hormone-active masses in the ovaries, which quite often are diagnosed at this age in women.
The pathology of this nature in adolescents is associated with disorders occurring in the brain (hypothalamus-pituitary). The reasons may be different: brain injury, meningitis, other infectious diseases, viral diseases – measles, rubella, tonsillitis, respiratory catarrh. Such viruses are usually localized in the system of hypothalamus-pituitary gland, provoking thus acyclic menstruation.
You need to remember that a planned, timely vaccinations, health treatments, treatment of colds, proper, healthy diet will help to prevent dysfunction.
Pathology and planning of conception
To treat pregnancy and her preparations for dysfunction you should be very careful. Necessary training should be done under the close supervision of a doctor gynecologist-endocrinologist.
You first need to undergo therapy aimed at restoring ovulatory menstrual cycle. The goal of prescribed hormonal treatment. Are used these drugs are «Clomiphene», «Prophase», «Pergonal», «Humegon» and others. The reception starts from the fifth day of the cycle and before the ninth day, inclusive.
During administration of the drug is ultrasound control and then the speed with which the dominant follicle ripens. When the follicle is Mature and has dimensions of 18 millimeters, and the thickness of the endometrium approximately 8-10 millimeters to a woman is injected with HCG, which causes ovulation. Such stimulation can be carried out for three cycles.
It is worth remembering that the modern methods of treatment, as a rule, help to stabilize the menstrual cycle and regularity of the onset of the ovulatory phase. Because of this the woman can conceive normally and carry a baby. Management of pregnancy in the pathology should be under the scrutiny of a doctor.
Given that the menstrual cycle can occur for many reasons, first you need to properly and accurately make a diagnosis. It is necessary to examine the female sex hormones, thyroid and adrenal glands. In order to eliminate the formation in the pituitary conducted x-rays of the skull.
A swab taken from the vagina for detection of pathogenic infections, performed ultrasound of the pelvic organs, as well as hysteroscopy. When the diagnosis of ovarian dysfunction treatment is prescribed after a full medical history.
Treatment is based on 3 directions:
- we need to stop uterine bleeding, assigned hemostatic drugs and money, strengthen blood vessels;
- elimination of hormonal failure;
- appropriate to cure the disease.
In that case, if a woman is planning to conceive, may be prescribed hormonal contraceptives who will renew the cycle. If you are planning a pregnancy should be the stimulation of ovulation.
Remember that with this diagnosis about this method of protection, such as the uterine spiral should forget.
Treatment of folk remedies
Therapy of folk remedies involves intake of herbal decoctions, infusions, the effect of which is aimed at restoring irregular cycle.
Consider the most effective recipes treatment of folk remedies:
- Herbal. We need to take 10 grams of knotweed, upland uterus, mother and stepmother, yarrow, calendula, Chernogolovka and clover. Mix well and pour 50 gr. collecting 500 ml of vodka, insist in a dark and cool place for 2 weeks. Need to take 2 times a day 40 drops.
- Tincture on blueberries. One tablespoon of blueberry leaves pour one Cup of boiling water, to insist 2 hours. Take 2 times a day for 120 milliliters throughout the month.
- Douching with cornflowers and clover. Take equal proportions of plants, to mix. Then two tablespoons of mixture pour 400 ml boiling water and steamed in a thermos for an hour. Duration of treatment 15 procedures. For irrigation, the infusion should be heated to 36 degrees, pour in a syringe and carry out the procedure.
Complications and consequences
Violation of the cycle and a poor selection is a deviation from the norm, does not represent a strong danger, but if untreated can lead to serious consequences.
If time does not start treatment increases the risk of these diseases.
- cervical cancer and breast;
- autoimmune tireodit;
In order to prevent the violation of the sexual organs, a woman should monitor their emotional state, to beware of stress and time to visit the doctor if you notice suspicious symptoms.