Ovarian hypoplasia: causes, treatment and prevention
Ovarian hypoplasia is the underdevelopment of the female reproductive glands. This term refers to anatomical and functional abnormalities in the structure of the reproductive system. As a rule, the pathology may be accompanied by hypomenstrual syndrome and amenorrhea, infertility, decreased sex drive.
What is ovarian hypoplasia?
As we said above – is a gynecological disease which is characterized by disorders associated with the design of the female genital organs, causing underdevelopment of the functional and structural nature of the ovaries.
Quite often this disease is one of the signs of genital infantilism. In this regard, hypoplasia often can be combined with hypoplasia of the uterus, aplasia and hypoplasia of other reproductive organs.
Can also play the role of heredity. Often pathology can be detected subsequently, the syndrome Shereshevsky-Turner, as well as other anomalies associated with genetics, which is responsible for chromosome number.
Pathology can be congenital. In this case, it is caused by dysfunction in the hypothalamic-gipofize system. Active development is likely to affect the adverse factors that have a direct impact on the body is still in the womb. For example, if during gestation the mother came under the influence of serious deviations, the child is at higher risk.
Consider what may cause an acquired disease:
- different types of infections that are carried by teenagers and babies, measles, mumps, rubella;
- the intoxication of the organism;
- strong irradiation;
- diseases associated with hormones adenoma, inflammation of the pituitary gland, hypothyroidism;
- education type of tumor located in the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland;
- different types of inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries;
- improper diet, exhausting diets and starvation and anorexia.
Depending on how fast the development of pathology, a decrease in size of the ovaries, which subsequently decreases production of the number of follicles and dysfunction of the genital organs.
Symptoms in pathology
As a rule, the disease is accompanied by disorders associated with the menstrual function in the body – amenorrhea primary secondary type is much rarer. It is associated hypomenstrual syndrome, algomenorrhea, anovulatornoe cycle. Also these symptoms are accompanied by infertility.
The disease is characterized by the complexion of the female type together with the signs eunuchoid type. Secondary sexual characteristics can be completely expressed, there is baldness in the pubic area and underarms, Breasts flattened and expressionless nipples.
With this diagnosis the first menstruation does not come at the age of 16 years. When normally developed girls under 16 years not started menstruation, you should visit your gynecologist.
Libido in these women reduced, may often be frigidity. Can also be fully underdeveloped uterus.
Hypoplasia of the ovaries is established during the passage of the General survey of the gynecologist, ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs, after the tests and hormonal screening, biopsy the ovaries and after the determination of the chromosomal set.
How to diagnose pathology?
If it is suspected hypoplasia, the woman must undergo the following medical examinations:
- General inspection at the gynecologist — it will help to identify variations in the structure of the genital organs;
- ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs, it will show the infantilism;
- history of uterine mucus;
- the analysis on hormones will help to find out the degree of estrogen;
- a study of the pituitary gland;
- imaging, MRI, CT of the brain.
If the case started, the specialist can insist to undergo a laparoscopy or biopsy of the ovaries diagnosing type.
How to treat the disease?
The main method of treatment is a cyclic hormonal treatment. His task is to restore the reproductive organs, and without the restoration of hormonal regulation is impossible.
Hormone therapy is to simulate the natural menstrual cycle, when estrogen predominates at first, and then progesterone.
If treatment is successful, it is possible to achieve doraswamy reproductive system and its glands, and restore secondary sexual characteristics.
The stages of treatment:
- First we need to create any estrogen background. If the goal is achieved, the patient appears menstrualnopodobnoe reaction of the body – bleeding that is not associated with ovulation. In the normal state, it would be considered a deviation from the norm, but hypoplasia is necessary. This day is considered the first day of the cycle.
- Now you can start hormone treatment. It will help to stabilize cyclical features in the system between the ovaries, uterus, pituitary and hypothalamus – bodies that are responsible for normal operation of the system. It is also important simultaneously to folliculometry, which allows you to track changes occurring in the female body that occur after treatment of the disease.
In that case, if the cycle failed, but menstrualnopodobnoe reaction is apparent, a break of 10 days, after which begins a new cycle of treatment.
To strengthen the body during treatment pathology need to carry out the following procedure:
- laser therapy;
- balneological treatment;
- magnetotherapy treatment;
- the magnetic-laser therapy.
Also consider taking vitamin complexes and multivitamins, not necessarily in the form of tablets, preferably in natural form.
Prevention and prognosis
First and foremost, it is necessary to eliminate the impact of harmful factors that can harm during pregnancy. In order to prevent the active development of the disease is acquired, the child needs to provide healthy and nutritious food, timely vaccinations against measles, rubella, mumps and other diseases, bearing an infectious character.
It is impossible to prevent hypothermia, you need to follow the child in order to diagnose and treat gynecological problems (including inflammatory processes in the reproductive glands), problems with the endocrine system, and sore throat.
Now about the forecast. Most women are interested in the probability of conception after treatment of the disease. If we talk about statistics, the percentage chances from 30 to 60, but in this case, if we are able to establish a two-phase cycle.
To plan conception after such pathology should be carefully and under the close supervision of the gynecologist and endocrinologist.
The patient should be prepared for:
- multiple pregnancy.
Also a woman may be asked to take advantage of technologies that will help in conception.
A woman is not faced with the discomfort until I want to have a baby. Still the diagnosis of «hypoplastic ovaries» is not a sentence. Right and appropriate treatment allows to restore normal work of the reproductive system, wait for the long awaited pregnant and successfully carry a pregnancy to term without complications.