Painful bladder syndrome: causes, symptoms and treatment
Painful bladder syndrome (SRMP) is a serious psychosomatic disorder of the function of urination. The pathology is characterized by hyperactivity of the bladder, frequent and urgent urination in the toilet, until the incontinence. A person suffering from this delicate problem, is experiencing a lot of stress, awkwardness, forced to adjust their lives to the disease. Given that the syndrome is caused predominantly by psychological reasons, this only adds to its manifestation.
The cause of constant urination lies in the involuntary spasmodic contraction of the muscular wall of the bladder in men and women. It happens suddenly, out of control on the part of the patient. As a result people for a long time afraid to leave the house, to attend important event. The desire to visit the restroom more often occurs normal 8-10 times a day, and the amount of urine may be very small, which indicates a violation of the accumulating urinary bladder.
The main symptom of irritable bladder is difficult to ignore and be ignored:
- voiding accompanied by pain, itching in the bladder, urethra, perineum;
- frequent night urination in the toilet;
- constant feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder;
- small amounts of urine at a time.
In addition, the disease often is accompanied by irritable bowel syndrome (abdominal pain, cramps, colitis, indigestion), which confirms its psychosomatic nature. The syndrome affects adult men and women and children.
Signs of SRMP is very similar to the manifestations of acute and chronic cystitis infectious nature. Therefore, it is important to differentiate these diseases at an early stage to prevent the spread of infection in the body and irreversible lesions of internal organs. The reverse situation is possible where the primary diagnosis of «cystitis» is not confirmed, but in reality it is a psychosomatic syndrome. In this case, made the non-existent treatment of cystitis can cause the body serious harm.
Any significant violation of the excretory functions of the organism requires close attention and timely diagnosis. Because a violation of these processes leads to the intoxication of the organism, the further disruption of organs and systems, and other dangerous complications. It requires an adequate fast treatment.
Causes of painful bladder syndrome
Diseases of the bladder can be caused by a dozen different causes, including neurogenic (nerve). In any case, we cannot exclude the possibility of infectious nature of the disease, benign tumors urinary tract or neighboring organs (ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids in women), kidney stones, cancer, tumors, atony of the muscular walls of the organ due to trauma or distension. Sometimes the symptoms of urinary system are complications of other serious systemic diseases. However, if during diagnosis, these factors are excluded, the doctor can conclude psychosomatic nature of the disease.
Neurogenic factors are associated with disorders of the brain and spinal cord. The reason may be as follows:
- Parkinson’s disease;
- Alzheimer’s disease;
- multiple sclerosis;
- diabetic neuropathy;
- the effects of aggressive drugs and other substances alcohol on the nervous system;
- congenital pathology of development;
- traumatic injuries;
- strong stress acting on the psyche, depression.
In a separate group of psychosomatic diseases distinguish organ neurosis (neuroses of individual organs), such as painful bladder syndrome or irritable bowel. They are characterized by a chronic course, disrupt the normal functioning of the body, accompanied by elegicheskoj symptoms: significant pain psychosomatic nature (cystalgia).
Similar diseases while exacerbating themselves, causing another round of stress, depression. Stats noted among people suffering from psychosomatic disorders, a significant number of women, which is probably connected with the greater mobility of the female psyche.
Diagnosis of psychosomatic disorders of the bladder
To diagnose diseases of the urinary system thoroughly. At first sight very difficult to say whether the disorder neurogenic factors (and, hence, does not pose a serious danger to the life of the patient) or aggressive infection. Especially often microbial invasion of the genitourinary system common in females, short and wide urethra which is a free way for pathogens. Thus, the treatment in different cases will be different.
First of all, the doctor needs to listen to the complaints of patient, collect anamnesis and to conduct an inspection. Must take into account the volume of fluid consumed during the day. To Refine the preliminary diagnosis are assigned to tests, and urodynamic study. For men, in addition, a rectal examination of the prostate.
It is necessary to completely exclude infectious-inflammatory diseases (cystitis), kidney stones, benign and malignant tumors of the abdominal and pelvic cavities. Only after this we can assume irritable bladder, and begin its treatment.
There are several areas of the therapy of painful bladder syndrome, they are used individually or in combination.
- Medical treatment with special drugs that affect the nervous system. The type and dosage concrete means strictly determines the physician, based on the degree of development of the disease. Work well sedative drugs M-holinoblokatory (Detrusitol, Detrol).
- Injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) into the bladder wall. Bladder muscles relax, within several months of urethral function is restored.
- Electrical stimulation of the bladder.
- Strengthening back muscles and pelvic floor with the help of sport and exercise system Kegel. These exercises have proven themselves in the fight against various disorders of the urinary and sexual functions. Exercises Kegel are used for incontinence, prostatitis, sexual dysfunction. During training aktiviziruyutsya the muscles responsible for urination (tense and relax at different rates). Exercises can be done at any time in any place.
- Treatment at the psychotherapist, overcoming stress, psychological disorders.
- Strict regime of drinking, medical diet with a high content of fiber. This is particularly relevant as the combination of the disease with irritable bowel syndrome. Excluded from the diet foods and beverages, irritating the mucous membrane of the bladder (soda, coffee, chocolate). For a couple of hours before bedtime fluid intake stops completely.
- The establishment of the regime of urination. The patient needs to visit the toilet at the planned schedule, even if at the moment he does not feel the urge. This allows you to take the functioning of the body under conscious control.
If conservative treatment methods do not work for a long time, your doctor may offer the patient surgery. It is an extreme and rarely used measure, surgery is taking a toll on the body and can lead to various complications.
Syndrome overactive bladder is a disease of psychosomatic nature, but it can be extremely similar to disease caused by microbial infection, tumors or urolithiasis. So at the first signs of pathology of the urinary system, you must contact your doctor and conduct a thorough diagnosis. The wrong treatment can cause great harm!