Pathology of ovaries: causes and treatment, types
Each girl, starting in adolescence, should monitor their health, especially this concerns the urogenital system. Problems and failures can lead to the fact that she can’t safely carry a pregnancy or to conceive. And in the worst case, can form a fluid in the ovaries (cyst), and then, and cancerous tumor.
The consequences of inattention to the urges of his body can be very serious, so every year you need to visit the doctor, and if there are any symptoms, then ask for an unscheduled consultation. Most often, women have problems with the ovaries.
Cysts appendages: types
The presence of fluid in the ovaries called in medicine, the cyst. The appendages cyst is a benign tumor that resembles a pouch filled with liquid. There are several types of cysts:
- Luteum cyst;
Each species has its own symptoms, causes and treatments. The main thing that you should remember — so that rapid response at the first symptoms and seeking qualified help. Only in this case the treatment will pass quickly and without consequences.
What is each type of cyst?
Each type of cyst appears at certain times and under various kinds of reasons:
- Dermoid. This species tumors appear in women in a time when the uterus already fertilized. If you look closely, it appears it is due to improper fusion of tissue during the development of the baby in the womb. In this type of cyst also includes elements of the baby’s body: hair, teeth, skin. The main reason for the appearance of such tumors is congenital malformation of the body. Such increases in size slowly, but not stopping.
- Follicular is growing right in the appendage. The reason provoking the development of this type is the failures in a hormonal background. It occurs due to the fact that no ovulation occurs the follicle, so the fluid has accumulated.
- Mucinous. This kind of tumors is also a bag, but it is not only filled with fluid and mucus. If you self-medicate or therapy was chosen incorrectly, this kind of provokes tumor, which very quickly becomes a cancer tumor. This type of cyst is most common in middle-aged women in the moment when they reach their menopause.
- Luteum cyst. This type of cyst can appear immediately after ovulation. The yellow body produced a hormone that is important for conception. This kind of tumors is more dangerous than others as it affects not only the ovaries but also the endometrium. There it is, if in a woman’s body there is a pathology like endometriosis and appears patients of childbearing age.
Guess what is in the body of the women encounters a kind of cyst, no one can. Only diagnostics will enable to determine type of cyst and the reasons that provoked its emergence.
Why there is fluid (cyst) around the appendage?
A large part of the cysts in women is benign, bringing serious problems, but they require regular monitoring and control. The doctor recommends to take the examination on the ultrasound, regular blood tests and visit a gynecologist at the first symptoms of unknown origin. Therapy and removal of the fluid from the appendages is effective only in those cases if the doctor can find the cause of education.
Most often, the fluid near ovary going in women of reproductive age. But when nearing the menopause, the number of cysts is significantly reduced. After 50 years of education is found only in 6%, and in the reproductive age, the percentage is much more about 30.
The main reasons, according to doctors, causing the cysts are:
- disruptions in the hormonal background;
- before the beginning of the menstrual cycle;
- frequent inflammatory processes in the urogenital system;
- endocrine pathology of internal organs;
- sexual infections.
Dermoid cyst may occur after injury to the abdomen.
Symptoms that indicate the presence of cysts
At the initial stage of the emergence of a small amount of fluid in the ovary, there are no symptoms indicating pathology. Only after the cyst will grow, there may be some very characteristic features:
- the increase in size of the abdomen, what can you say about the accumulation of fluid in the peritoneum or the huge size of the cyst;
- problems with the menstrual cycle: delayed, profuse discharge, failures of the period, the irregularity;
- problems in the stomach and urinary system;
- discomfort during urination and intercourse;
- sharp lower abdominal pain during menses;
- the increase in body temperature during the menstrual cycle.
If there is at least one of the above symptoms, you should not delay going to the doctor, otherwise the consequences can be serious: a rupture of the cyst, degeneration of benign tumors into malignant, infertility and others.
What is the difference between a cyst and a right ovary?
Functional, endometriosis and polycystic types appear on both left and right ovaries are equally likely. They can affect one appendage, so once or twice. Dermoid cyst most commonly affects only one of the appendages and often it was right. This type is often confused with appendicitis, so tell her can only doctor after careful examination. But very often the source of pain, doctors can only be determined during the operation, when can visually see a cyst or appendicitis.
Significant differences in symptoms not only is the pain can appear from the other side, where there is education.
Some therapies more effective?
The proper selection of the method of treatment depends on properly conducted surveys. If the fluid in the ovary region was formed due to a failure in the hormonal background, for the treatment of used hormonal agents. They are selected individually for each patient. If after 6 months education is not reduced in size, these methods are considered ineffective. In this case recommend surgery to remove the cyst.
To avoid severe pathology, or to prevent recurrence, the woman needs to follow some rules:
- sexual intercourse should be protected to protect the reproductive system of the women from infections;
- regular examination of the thyroid gland, as it provides the body women need hormones;
- visit the gynecologist at least once every 6 months;
- especially girls who are overweight need to monitor the health of reproductive system.
Fluid in or around the ovaries is a serious ovarian pathology that requires rapid response and treatment. If drugs can’t help to solve the problem, then recommend surgery.
How is the operation to remove fluid on the appendage?
Surgery to remove the pouch with a liquid at the appendage may differ on the methods of its implementation. Frequently no complicated cyst is a sack of fluid is removed, and the defect on the ovary sutured.
Polycystic formation in women, operate by cutting off a small part of the body, in its place, where there is maximum secretion of hormones. When this same form is also used electrocoagulation – cauterization of ovarian cells.
In women in the reproductive age endometrial cyst removed while preserving the ovary, and during menopause along with the appendage. The best option when you remove the bag with the fluid on the ovary is considered the laparoscopic method. In this case, the operation is performed through a small incision in the abdominal wall. This method is less traumatic, which makes it the most efficient and convenient.
The choice of method of operation depends on the type of education and the stage. Only a doctor, after conducting all necessary studies can accurately say how they would perform the operation and what will be removed. But many women are interested in the question whether they will be able to get pregnant after a cyst removal?
To conceive after an operation to remove a cyst only after the recovery period. For each type of this period is different. A follicular cyst does not affect conception, but endometrial cause infertility.
Therefore, after removing the liquid on the appendages need to complete a full course of rehabilitation, normal ovarian function may recover only a year after the operations, to plan conception with the attending doctor, only in this case there is a guarantee of a successful conception.