Physiotherapy in the sinus: electrophoresis, UFO, magnet
What are physiotherapy in the sinus?
Sinusitis is a disease that is accompanied by inflammation of the sinuses. Man begins to complain of loss of smell, heaviness in the head and pain in the nose. In acute sinusitis the temperature rises and reduced working capacity. Physiotherapy in the sinus to help cope with the symptoms.
For the procedure doctors use device UHF, which are equipped with special plates. Physiotherapy when sinusitis has a beneficial effect on the body.
Before treatment is necessary to clear the nose of accumulated mucus. To rinse the nasal passages is used saline. The patient lies on the couch. To the area of the sinuses summing plate.
Between the skin and the surface of the plates must be cotton fabric. After that, the doctor turns on the device for 10-15 minutes. The strength and power of impact is selected by the specialist based on the patient’s condition.
Contraindications to UHF:
- the presence of the patient tumor;
- heart disease;
- the clotting of blood.
UHF improves metabolism, the patient increase protective functions of the body. To get positive outcomes, it is recommended to undergo a course of treatment consists of 10-15 sessions.
There are 2 methods of applying electrophoresis in sinusitis:
- The outer method is that the area of the maxillary sinuses galvanic put on the collar. The procedure should be performed daily for 2 weeks. The drug has a positive effect on the mucous membranes of the nose.
- An endonasal technique is based on the fact that the drug turunda moistened gauze. It is fixed on the upper lip and is supplied to the electrode. The other plate is fixed on the back of the head.
Electrophoresis in the sinus enhances the therapeutic effect of the drug. During the procedure, there is a warming area of the sinuses.
We can distinguish several features of the electrophoresis:
- Among specialists there is the opportunity to provide a point impact on the affected area.
- The drug accumulates in the area of electrophoresis treatment. The active substance, part of the funds, continues to operate after the procedure.
- The medicine does not harm the digestive system of the patient.
Electrophoresis of the sinuses cannot be conducted in the following situations:
- hypersensitivity to substances contained in the product;
- individual intolerance of electric current.
Magnetic therapy helps to eliminate swelling. Magnetic fields improve nutrition in the tissues, relieve from pain.
Magnetic treatment is 15 days. Duration of the procedure is determined individually and varies from 10 to 25 minutes.
The magnet increases the permeability of cell membranes. To the site of inflammation actively receive the white blood cells that destroy bacteria.
Before conducting magnetic therapy it is necessary to clear mucus from the nose. Electrodes are applied to both sides of the nose. After the first session there is a decrease in secretions from the nose, relieves breathing.
- tendency to bleeding;
- the wearing of a pacemaker;
- the presence of purulent processes;
- heavy heart disease.
The therapeutic effect of laser beam depends on the power and spectrum of the light wave. The clerk enters in the sinuses of the patient with special electrodes. They need to bring to the mucous of the nose to enhance the effects of laser.
Laser therapy not only improves the immune system of the patient. The laser beam destroys pathogenic microorganisms, which actively multiply in the sinus. A person improves microcirculation in the tissues and edema.
Laser treatment is prohibited in the following cases:
- diseases of the circulatory system;
- if a person discovered a malignant tumor.
Ultraviolet radiation within a specific range contributes to the excitation of biologically active substances.
After the procedure, the person decreases pain, accelerates the process of tissue regeneration. UFO when sinusitis has a bactericidal effect and reduces pain.
Under the influence of radiation is the activation of leukocytes. They begin to destroy pathogenic micro-organisms which caused the inflammation.
- increased sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation;
- are present of a purulent inflammation;
- the patient has a high temperature;
- the tendency to develop bleeding;
- increased fragility of blood vessels.
When conducting irradiation, the experts use sterile tubes. The doctor warms the lamp a few minutes to have stabilized parameters. The duration of the course of ultraviolet irradiation depends on the individual patient.
Ultrasound for sinusitis used for the treatment of various forms of the disease.
To eliminate nasal congestion and pain in the temples doctors use devices that convert electricity into ultrasonic waves.
During the procedure is micromassage tissues at the cellular level. Ultrasonic waves contribute to the production of enzymes that fight harmful bacteria.
Ultrasound can penetrate to a depth of 4 see the flow of excess fluid from the sinuses helps with puffiness. The session lasts about 10 minutes.
Ultrasound treatment of sinusitis increases the protective functions of the body.
For the treatment of a patient suffering from acute sinusitis, use a hot compress.
On the skin in the area of the nose cause the warm dirt, which secrete iodine and hydrogen sulfide.
They inhibit pathogenic microorganisms that multiply in the sinuses of the patient.
Warm compresses help relax muscles and relieve spasms.
As a source of infrared radiation used lamp «Solux». Phototherapy has a bactericidal effect. Heating of tissues is accompanied by vasodilation. The patient improves the outflow of fluid that accumulates in the area of inflammation.
With the passage of diadynamic currents is the contraction of the muscles and walls of blood vessels. Analgesic effect of the procedure due to irritation of the nerve endings.
In the process of diadinamotherapy the inhibition of pain impulses.
Electrotherapy can not be carried out:
- in the presence of tumors;
- tendency to bleeding;
- individual intolerance of electric current;
- violation of skin sensitivity;
- obstacle to the procedure is the presence of purulent diseases.
To get rid of the symptoms of sinusitis the patient is prescribed paraffin and ozokeritotherapy.
When the paraffin on the nose impose the heated paraffin.
Due to thermal effects is the dilation of blood vessels. Patient reduces swelling of mucous nose. Ozokeritotherapy is different from that of paraffin only in that instead of the wax used mountain wax.
An obstacle to carrying out the thermal procedure is:
- the febrile condition of the patient;
- the presence of tumors;
- pathology of the circulatory system.
Physical therapy in sinusitis at home helps to improve the condition of the patient.
The most affordable procedure is considered to be inhalation. To help the patient to get rid of the symptoms of sinusitis are special devices used inhalers.
The drug of the spray instantly gets to the surface of the mucous membranes of the nose. It liquefies the thick mucus and facilitates the expectoration of pus. With inhalation, you can quickly remove nasal congestion.
In the treatment of sinusitis is used not only medication. To cope with the infection in the sinuses widely used physiotherapy.
There are several benefits of physiotherapy:
- Provides high accuracy of medication administration into the affected tissue. This reduces the risk of side effects.
- Treatments accelerate the healing of the patient.
- The treatment can be carried out at any age.
- Physiotherapy enhance the therapeutic effect of drugs due to deeper penetration. At action of heat, blood vessels dilate. The patient improves microcirculation of tissues.
It is necessary to consider the possibility of allergic reactions to drugs used in the treatment. Procedures can harm patients suffering from heart disease.
Physiotherapy cannot be used in the treatment of patients with bleeding disorders. A contraindication to the procedure is the presence of a pacemaker.