Pneumatization frontal sinus — what is it and what is dangerous
Features of pneumatization sinus and what it is
In the structure of the facial bones in many people are empty space. In medical terms this phenomenon is referred to as the axillary cavity. It is directly connected with the nasopharynx, with the help of small channels.
After consultations with specialists, many people question what it is pneumatization frontal sinus? In this article we take a closer look at what does the medical terminology and what it may bring.
What is the main sinus pneumatization
It is first necessary to explain that such a thing as pneumatization frontal sinus, purely terminological, but it does not pose a risk to human life.
As pneumaticaly it is not the diagnosis of the disease, and the snapshot of the paranasal sinuses.
Blank spaces are called paranasal sinus or.
It is important to understand that facial part of the skull are four groups of paranasal sinuses. Depending on the location, they have certain functions:
- the main function of the maxillary region, located in the upper part of the jaw – respiratory. When air gets into this area, it is cleaned and warmed;
- further along the axillary cavity, which have the function of protecting the body from small particles that are in the air;
- thanks epithelial tissue located on the mucosa of the part, the person owns the function of smell;
- the final function — the formation of voice.
In each case, pneumatization different from other forms, but the inflammation occurs in all four parts.
Therefore, if you notice a decrease in smell or change the tone – refer to a specialist, as the organism signals about violations.
In the process of inflammation in the cavities of the formation of mucous secretions, and in the main sinus is the infection and inflammation.
In this case, the person noticed the breathing problems and pain in the facial area.
Contact the medical institution and pass a medical examination.
Commonly, to determine the problem, sufficient examination by palpation.
If the problem is deeper — it is necessary x-ray examination or rhinoscopy.
There is another inspection technique called probing, however, it is necessary in extreme cases.
In this case, the inspection is carried out through the frontal or sphenoid cavity.
If the results of the test revealed that the sinus pneumatization, it is necessary to establish the exact location of the process and appointment of complex treatment.
The results of the surveys
Defining what pneumaticity, the patient is tormented by the question of its species. Since such inflammation occur disorders associated with pathology of the body.
After examination, the specialist determines the kind of pneumatization. They can be of three types:
- Pneumatization reduced.
- In the normal state.
If you have found pneumatization sinuses beware of diseases such as:
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the upper part of the sinus. The disease can be of two types: unilateral or bilateral.
- Disease of the frontal sinus.
- Sharp or pathological inflammation of the mucous membrane of cells of a trellised labyrinth.
- Disease of the mucous membrane of the sphenoid sinus. It is located in the base of the skull. This disease is considered the most dangerous of all types as it leads to dysfunction of the eye and destroys carotid artery.
Remember that illness can occur at lightning speed, so treatment is urgent. Treatment should be comprehensive, with the use of drugs and physiotherapy.
Due to the fact that the disease is a severe, often with purulent stagnant secretions, treatment is not without antibacterial agents.
Remember that all of these diseases are dangerous to human health because, when not treated they spread to the nearest organs. Thus, this inflammation can significantly reduce the quality of hearing and sight.
It is important to know that reduced pneumatization evidence thin wall of the lower cavity. This indicates the presence of various infectious diseases in the oral cavity. In this case, be surveyed at the dentist for tooth decay or paradontoza.
Often when such a problem may produce a range of perforation in the upper part of the palate and maxillary region get treatment or even filling materials.
If treatment delayed, patient does not to avoid serious consequences in the form of diseases, otitis or other ear diseases, eye, brain.
So pay attention to symptoms such as:
- Lasting feeling of pain in the forehead, nasal.
- If, when tilting the head in different directions you feel the pain.
- Purulent or liquid discharge from the nose.
- Prolonged nasal congestion that is not related to allergies or other reasons.
- Fear of light.
- The increased body temperature.
- Loss of appetite.
- Swelling of the eyelids or cheeks.
- The presence of a dry cough.
Treatment in this case is of two types:
- A conservative way.
If a specialist recommends a medication, the improvement is already apparent in the first week. However, in case of serious deviations to the patient to avoid surgery. Therefore, the stagnation of pus or other secretions in the sinus, it is necessary to conduct the puncture.
If after inspecting your medical record indicated that pneumatization sinuses saved — this indicates good functioning of this body. In this case, the question about the development of inflammation or pathology no.
It is important to know that if your life had this problem it should be removed. Pneumatization depends not only vital processes in the body, but also the overall health of the patient.
So if you have a violation of breath or other symptoms described – refer to a specialist.
Remember that pneumatization is not a diagnosis but only a description of the resulting image after the x-rays.