Polyps on ovaries: causes, symptoms and treatment
Polyps are benign growths on the ovaries or other organs. There are many reasons that can cause the appearance of growths on the ovaries or the uterus. Every woman should undergo regular examination to detect pathology in its early stages and get treatment, otherwise the consequences could be quite serious: benign polyps may become cancerous tumors.
Polyps appendages: the causes of
To date, the exact causes that trigger the formation of polyps, never installed. But experts believe that polyps on the appendages women can be caused by a serious malfunction of the hormonal system, but rather due to the increase in estrogen.
But recent studies have given scientists an opportunity to understand that polyps can be triggered by inflammation. But this fact does not negate the role of hormonal imbalance in the development of such pathology. Whatever the causes of polyps on the ovaries, it is necessary to remove all possible that the treatment had the desired effect and has led to new formations.
What signs indicate the presence of polyps on the ovaries?
If the female body is only present in the small single education, signs of disease may not appear. Discover education will be possible only on routine physical examination. But if the polyps are very large or many, can appear the following symptoms
- disturbed menstrual cycle: there can be a slight separation or, on the contrary, heavy bleeding;
- menstrual cycle increases and the bleeding profuse;
- menstruation is accompanied by severe pain;
- after intercourse, the woman feels severe pain in the lower abdomen;
- if the polyps are much larger, it increases the amount of white discharge;
- at the time of menopause under heavy loads and stress can cause blood spotting.
All of the above symptoms suggests that a woman’s body, but rather on the reproductive system was formed polyps that require urgent treatment.
If there were early warning signs, you should not delay going to the doctor. Small tumors in the form of polyps with the right approach can disappear, but if you prolong the illness is over it can surgery. To confirm or refute the diagnosis by using special methods of research:
- ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs and uterus;
- histological examination will determine the structure of a polyp and type.
- hysteroscopy allows not only to conduct an effective survey, but in most cases, immediately remove polyps.
After a thorough examination the doctor can determine precisely the polyps formed only on the ovaries or other organs of the peritoneum. Also examination will give the doctor a clear picture and help you find the right treatment.
What methods are used in the treatment polyps in the appendages?
Most often, the treatment of polyps on the ovaries means removing them. But can they be removed using several efficient and convenient ways, it shouldn’t cause serious harm to the health of the patient.
But the removal of one will not be able to limit, complete course of treatment includes preliminary treatment, surgery and recovery from it.
Before surgery the patient is prescribed a preparatory treatment, it includes:
- taking anti-inflammatory drugs;
- the administration of antibacterial drugs.
Once polyps are removed, it is recommended to undergo treatment with antibiotics. These measures are necessary in order to protect the weakened organism from infection and the inflammatory process surgical site.
Removal involves several effective methods. A few decades ago used separately diagnostic dilatation and curettage. Was done under General anesthesia.
Lately there are many new modern methods of removal of polyps:
- laser surgery;
- radio and electric effect.
These procedures have in common: they act on the basis of the tumor high temperatures or radio waves. These procedures have a huge advantage: do not require anesthesia, the duration is short, no painful seams.
Treatment folk methods
There are many effective folk methods, time-tested, yielded good results in the treatment of polyps on the Mat and ovaries. But before starting the therapy it is better to consult a doctor to do no harm, if he allows, you can use these methods:
- Douching decoction of celandine. This method is considered to be one of the most effective. Daily douching reduce the size of polyps, and in some cases even remove completely. To prepare the broth should be so: the grass celandine grind, then soak it in boiling water, cover and infuse. Douching broth to a temperature of 37 degrees twice a day. The course of treatment at least 14 days.
- There is another way – douching herbal collection, including celandine. The broth is prepared as follows: 1 tbsp fresh-water sponge, 3 tbsp crushed celandine and 2 tablespoons of agrimony, calendula and Hypericum. Collection pour boiling water, let stand for 6 hours, strain and warm to douche 1-2 times a day for at least two weeks.
- Very good at helping douching decoction of Hemlock. 1 tbsp of Hemlock, pour 250 ml of hot water, put on fire and bring to boil. After let infuse for 30 minutes, after which the mixture is diluted with 2 cups of warm boiled water. Douche decoction, before bedtime for months.
- Also very well help dry shiitake mushrooms and Chuck. These mushrooms are often used in the treatment of many pathologies, including polyps. They have proved their effectiveness. From them prepare a tincture with alcohol or water. The best recipe is to grind 30 g of the mushrooms and cover them with 1 liter of water. To brew a decoction should within 14 days. After need within two weeks before bedtime to douche.
The consequences of inaction
If the woman at the first signs of tumors in his body not to seek qualified help, the consequences can be very serious.
Benign can turn into malignant tumor, and this could eventually lead to death. Also, inactivity can lead to infertility or problems during pregnancy. In addition, such education can become centers of dangerous infections.
It is therefore very important at the first symptoms to seek qualified help, in this case, the complications do not threaten, and consequences after treatment will not.