Preparation for laparoscopy: what should be paid attention to
Surgery using a special medical device – a laparoscopy is the best option, operations on the internal organs. Seamless type of surgical treatment does not leave the body rough keloid scars and significantly reduces the risk of postoperative complications. The surgery is performed under anesthesia in a few holes in the abdominal cavity is performed to access the medical instrument and laparoscopic apparatus to the internal organs. Surgical instrumentation for laparoscopy is very specific, is backlit and Microtimer. For a more informative view into the abdominal cavity before the operation is inflated by air masses with pneumoperitoneum. Thorough preparation for carrying out of a laparoscopy requires the patient to have the same responsible approach as in abdominal surgery. Surgical treatment using a laparoscope is most often used in gynecology and therapy.
Features of laparoscopy in the treatment of female disorders
Total downloads surgery using a laparoscope in gynecology is not accidental. Because the maximum preservation of women’s health without the risk of postoperative complications is the main task of every physician. A variety of diseases that can be operated by laparoscopy, numerous. Standard planned testimony in this case are:
- benign tumors in the uterus of a woman or inside of the ovaries;
- infertility of unknown etiology or developed due to ineffective hormonal therapy;
- adhesive disease and endometriosis;
- myoma of large size;
- chronic diseases do not last after a course of conservative treatment.
Among acutely developing disease in gynecology laparoscopy is assigned to the following diseases:
- ectopic pregnancy localized in the fallopian tubes;
- apoplexy appendage;
- perforation of the uterus;
- tumor of the ovary;
- cyst rupture;
- loss of intrauterine devices;
- the acute course of the inflammatory process in the ovaries, with growing clinical picture.
Despite the minimal risk of the surgery and lack of complications after laparoscopy in gynecology has some contraindications.
- Of blood clotting.
- Severe chronic diseases of the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems.
- Coma or nervous shock.
- A high degree of General exhaustion.
- Hernia of the anterior abdominal wall and the white line.
Preparation of the patient for carrying out laparoscopy
Regardless of the purpose of carrying out laparoscopy (diagnosis or treatment), General instructions for proper preparation for this procedure contain specific steps.
- Psychological mood. To adequately and effectively use the laparoscope to solve goals, it is necessary to examine all available information on the technology of such operations, the possibility of complications and other risks. Before the procedure can help as an online resource, and the attending physician that directs the patient to a laparoscopy. Weapons full information about what awaits him, is the psychological perception, which helps to not only efficiently conduct the operation, but also contributes to rapid and efficient recovery of the organism after it.
- Hardware study of the body: ultrasound, computed or magnetic resonance tomography, as well as Advisory visits required doctors, a General practitioner, gynecologist, cardiologist and others. This item of preparatory activities, depending on the disease relates to gynecology or therapy may contain repeated ultrasound studies and other diagnostic procedures.
- Laboratory diagnostics of biological material of the patient prior to the laparoscopy. This stage of the preparation starts one month before the scheduled date of the operation and contains a set of tests not only the General directions, but also biochemical and antiviral in nature. Moreover, at this time is the supply of blood to the required groups and RH factor in case of unforeseen complications — as the individual behavior of each organism and sometimes can not be predicted even by the most highly qualified specialists. Thus, surgeons are in any case prepared to laparotomy and blood transfusion, in order not to lose precious time during surgery. Even if all goes well, biomaterial relatives donated to the hospital, can save the life of someone else.
- The medical history of the disease and life anamnesis – is a responsible step, which in 80% of cases depends on the outcome of laparoscopy. Illness, personal rejection by the body of medicines, availability of transactions and injuries – all that is necessary for the purpose of pre-medication to avoid unpleasant consequences.
- Training the body to conduct laparoscopy involves systematic and responsible medications that promote thinning of the blood, especially if laboratory tests prothrombin index is above the set standard. We should not ignore the preparation of this item and also take medicines as self-medication, and especially to take them with you to the hospital.
- Diet. In a two-week period when you start testing and collecting biological material from relatives of the patient to adjust his usual menu. Gain diet diet with strict restrictions fat, smoked and cause increased metabolism of carbohydrate food, begins 3 — 4 days before surgery. The amount of food eaten is reduced and also given oral laxatives and eliminates flatulence drugs.
- The day before the scheduled surgery, the patient is strongly recommended to reduce the intake of food and fluids: water, tea, juice. In some cases, prescribe an enema for preoperative bowel cleansing quality, especially patients prone to impaired defecation. Moreover, the manipulation can be carried out repeatedly. The effect of the anesthesia used when performing laparoscopy, can affect the body is so relaxing that bowels samoochistitsya automatically. To avoid this, you need to use an enema in preparation for surgery.
- Immediately before the laparoscopy, which has been performed in gynecology and obstetrics, the patient should shower using an antibacterial cleaning agents. The navel area can be further disinfected independently, wiping the umbilical area with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol content. Hair removal in the area of expected laparoscopy is also performed during this time period. If surgical intervention is performed in gynecology, the groin area free from hair clean. Therefore, before leaving the hospital, you need to consider carefully what should take.
The postoperative period consists of strict compliance with bedding and diet regime just in the first day. Starting from the second day after surgery, the patient can return to normal life, with some restrictions in menu and physical activity. Typically, the recovery period takes a week — not more, especially if all the doctor’s instructions carefully observed.