Prevention of sinusitis in adults and children in the home,
Prevention of sinusitis at home
«Advanced» the human immune system – nasopharynx, skin, mouth and other organs directly in contact with the external environment. They are the first to meet the attack of harmful microorganisms, trying to neutralize them and not miss on. They also constrain conditionally pathogenic «residents» inside. If the immune system is working properly, most attacks pass unnoticed and without consequences. But sometimes protection fails, and then the real war begins. Most often affects the respiratory tract and sinuses. Prevention of sinusitis at home – one of the ways aid the body in the fight against the aggressors and stop the common cold to serious pathology.
What is sinusitis
In the bones of the skull are four groups of sinuses communicating with the nose. They perform many functions, from ventilation to improve voice resonance. When disease-causing microorganism causes inflammation, work of the body is disturbed, causing the symptoms. The disease of each group of sinuses its name. And sinusitis is the inflammation of the maxillary sinuses.
Although this ailment may be the problem, most often it is a consequence of another disease – rhinitis that human language can be translated as the common cold. Inadequate treatment, hope for a speedy self-recovery and the irrational use of medicines, and not simple «vitaminok» provoke complications, which handle is much more difficult.
The fact that the disease is easier to prevent than to treat long-known truths. That’s just to protective measures to use in our country is not accepted. But simple actions can reduce the risk of disease or the occurrence of complications by almost 50%! Prevention of sinusitis with a cold and efficient, it can not only prevent the development of lesions of the sinuses, and inflammation of other nearby organs, primarily the ears. Sinusitis associated with otitis media, is common.
To start is to identify the techniques and methods that you do not have to preventing irrelevant. Moreover, some of them quite harmful and not safe. To prevent sinusitis in adults and children include:
- the acceptance of interferon in any form and quantity;
- increased absorption of onions and garlic;
- jewelry of garlic slices (beads);
- careful closing vents and Windows;
- warming, including UV lamps;
- quarantine without fresh air;
- steaming of the feet or hands;
- kvartsevanie of the nasal cavity or room;
- lubrication of the nasal cavity with honey, oxolinic ointment, and other similar means;
- receiving anti-influenza drugs;
- burying his nose in the makeshift «drugs» on the basis of carrot, beet, onion juice or extracts from aloe and Kalanchoe;
- chafing of the skin around the sinuses, warming ointments, mustard oil and other similar compounds.
- how to use magic minerals and magic devices, such as hard rubber disk or UV radiation.
Most of these methods are just useless and have no beneficial effect on the disease.
But the consequence of such «measures» could become not only commonplace allergic reactions such as sneezing, redness or rash occurs, but angioedema, anaphylactic shock. Moreover, such «prevention» can trigger the growth of living in the nasal cavity of bacteria, then to the banal rhinitis will join a bacterial infection. And thermal effects are often the cause of burns, especially in children.
Proper prevention of sinusitis
The most important thing with colds is to prevent drying of the mucous membranes, which can occur for three reasons:
- Lack of fluid in the body.
- High body temperature, and as a result, the same lack of water.
- Dry and warm air in the room.
When the slime dries, it cannot perform its protective function and becomes a perfect breeding site for bacteria. As a result, «the invaders» aktiviziruyutsya and snot thicken and clog sinuses.
Protective measures, including prevention of sinusitis after a puncture, reduced to the following provisions:
- Drink plenty of warm liquids – tea, compote. Can and cool water or mineral water, but a lot.
- Regular airing of the room.
- Humidifying the air by all available means – with wet towels, wash Laundry in dryer, household and homemade moisturizers.
- Burying his nose in the salt solutions.
- Lavage of the nasal cavity, except for children up to 4-5 years.
- The use of a vasoconstrictor, but not more than the allowed time period (usually 5-6 days max).
- Cleansing the nose by careful blowing your nose without much effort.
- Rejection of heavy and high-calorie food, increased consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Light massage paranasal space to stimulate circulation.
- Implementation of medical recommendations.
Popular essential oil can also play a role in preventive action, but they should not drip into the nose, it’s dangerous and useless. To spend with aromatherapy: the smell in the house is pleasant and the inhalation of ether vapour will be safe.
To protective action after a puncture also include any medical purpose in the form of medicines, lifestyle and nutrition follow-up surveys.
With regard to prevention of sinusitis in children, warming, heat effects on the feet or other parts of the body and other actions, described above, become doubly dangerous. A baby’s skin instantly absorbs all the applied substances, and the narrowness of the respiratory tract adds to the risk of obstruction and severe allergic reactions. Therefore, the younger the child, the higher the risk of undesirable consequences.
A very important point: in children under 3-4 years of sinusitis in principle can not be, as the maxillary sinuses are only just emerging at this age.
Children of younger age group NOT:
- to wash the nose;
- hard to blow your nose.
Both can result in otitis media, because kids are very straight, compared to the adult, the Eustachian tube. And active pressure can lead to getting infected by bacteria and viruses mucus in the ear cavity and cause otitis media. So blowing your nose should be moderate, and washing it is better to limit to frequent instillation of saline solutions.
The risk of otitis media increases with the flights, so if the runny nose is better to postpone the movement of air transport to recovery.
Either adults or children, in any case can not be instilled into the nose (and generally people use locally) antibacterial agents that are applied systemically. The concentration of medicinal substances in such applications, insufficient for the complete destruction of bacteria, so the part that survives (but a number will be «combat ready») start a new attack. Only now these invaders are already immune to antibiotics in this group, and therefore will require new analyses, assignments, and more serious drugs.
When cold without temperature can and should adults and children:
- walk in the fresh air;
- carry out water procedures;
- eat ice cream and drink cool drinks (provided, of disease the person is already in contact with cold substances).
It is advisable to avoid irritants such as cigarette smoke, the smell of paint or solvent, other flavors, literally «beating» in the nose. If you need to visit crowded places, especially in the midst of pre-season SARS, you can take saline spray and regularly every 30-40 minutes, to moisten the mucous membranes of the nose. It is worth remembering that children under one year-a year and a half sprays are contraindicated, as they may provoke laryngospasm.
Prevention of sinusitis allows not only to prevent the inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, and other sinuses. So not worth it to neglect.