Primary ovarian insufficiency: causes, symptoms and treatment of pathology
Syndrome ovarian failure, which is also called in medical literature «premature menopause», is a complex of various symptoms indicating premature extinction of female reproductive function and a sharp decrease of the follicular reserve in the body. Generally normal is considered to be the onset of menopause in women over 45 years of age.
Menopause is considered to be absolutely natural by the extinction of female reproductive function, does not require any treatment. But if fertility is observed in women under the age of 37-40 years of age and having previously no fertility problems, you can talk about the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries.
According to medical statistics, the prevalence of the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries is not less than 1.65 to 1.85%. Most often ovarian insufficiency is diagnosed in women in the age group of 35 to 40 years. It should be noted that the syndrome of ovarian failure represents not only a violation of the reproductive functions and the depletion of follicular reserve in the female body, but also many other pathological processes, accompanied by failures in the functioning of endocrine, vascular and Central nervous system. We can summarize that the depletion of the ovaries is a premature depletion of the follicular apparatus in the female body.
Causes of ovarian failure
Today is the final cause of the development of the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries is not installed. But there is a number of factors that can have a direct impact on the process of formation of the disease.
- A very important role in the development of the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries plays a genetic factor in this case, the pathology is caused by mutations of specific genes. Also, this disease is hereditary and can be passed from mother to daughter. Family factor is also extremely important – if a girl’s first menstruation began later, there is amenorrhea, or there is early menopause in my mother or sister, the risk of the development of the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries is very high.
- Inflammatory and infectious diseases suffered by the woman, can cause the depletion of the ovaries. Such inflammatory and infectious diseases include measles, rubella, toxoplasmosis, streptococcal infection, preeclampsia.
- Causes of the syndrome can be associated with various pathologies of autoimmune nature in the female body.
- Various damage to the ovarian tissue during fetal development – one of the reasons may include the reception by the mother, certain medications, Smoking, alcohol or drugs, or harmful radiation. These reasons lead to serious damage to the follicular unit the expectant girls.
- Also very important impacts on the health of the female reproductive system are other factors – regular stress and strong nervous shock, malnutrition and lack of vitamins in the diet and minerals, the sharp decline in the level of immunity.
- The appearance of the disease may be associated with operative interventions on the ovaries, moved woman.
Symptoms of ovarian failure
The first signs of disease manifest already at 35-37 years of age. But in some cases the symptoms of ovarian depletion and is noticeable at an earlier age. Woman should alert the following changes in the body:
- The woman interferes with the normal menstrual cycle, thus, similar failures can lead to an increase or decrease cycle length. Develops persistent oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea, accompanied by cessation of menstruation. Then, the extinction of the functioning of the ovaries leads to infertility.
- Syndrome ovarian failure is often accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen, discomfort, reminiscent of PMS. Pain can have both spazmogenny and the pull continued.
- Significantly worsens the General health of the woman – she feels unexplained tiredness, weakness, body aches, constant sleepiness or insomnia, irritability and mood swings, a rapid decline in activity and disability.
- The characteristic feature of extinction of the reproductive function in women are dramatic «tides» of heat to the face and upper half of the body characterized by excessive sweating. Especially hot flashes increase in at night, after meals, and after a nervous shock. Typically, these tides occur all of a sudden a woman very red, her heartbeat increases, she sweats a lot in front of the eyes may darken, which can cause dizziness or loss of consciousness.
- One of the signs of the extinction of female reproductive function is a frequent dizziness, accompanied by constant, severe headaches.
Treatment of the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries
It is worth noting that with all the progression of modern medicine even early treatment may not lead to full restoration of the functioning of the reproductive organs. Treatment for this condition is aimed primarily at correcting hormonal levels in the female body, but also improve the health of the patient. To normalize hormonal balance used hormonal drugs, including estrogen and progesterone.
In the majority of cases women are recommended substitution treatment, which lasts until the age of natural menopause. One of the most common variants of hormone replacement therapy becomes a regular consumption of specially selected oral contraceptives.
The syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries treated and other methods. A great Supplement to traditional drug therapy will be a variety of physiotherapy, which include regular sessions of physical therapy, electrophoresis, acupuncture, electroanalgesia, sharko shower, swimming and other water treatments.
Treatment of the syndrome of exhaustion of ovaries necessarily involves a proper, balanced diet containing all the necessary female body vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. You can Supplement the treatment with additional taking multivitamin complexes.
Additional treatment aimed at improving General well-being of women, may consist of massage and water jets, radon or iodine-bromine baths, taking homeopathic sedative medicines, and also proper diet.
The diet of a woman diagnosed with ovarian depletion syndrome, should include maximum number of foods, which include natural phytoestrogens. Such useful products include rice, peanuts and various nuts, wheat germ, rye and rye bread, ginger root, products containing soy. Be sure to include in your daily menu foods containing vitamin E and lecithin, in this case we are talking about cauliflower, legumes, peanuts, hazelnuts and walnuts. Food should be of the highest quality and balanced as well as regular. Strict diets, fast, rapid weight loss is not recommended.