Puncture in the sinus : a photo and video of operations on the nose
How to make a puncture in the sinus
Sinusitis is one of the varieties of sinusitis. The diagnosis a doctor makes when inflammation of maxillary sinuses, also called the maxillary. Sinusitis is unilateral and bilateral. The first type is inflammation of the lining from one side of the nose.
Causes and symptoms of sinusitis.
The cause of sinusitis be respiratory disease, bacterial infections, viral respiratory infection, and scarlet fever.
The risk of sinusitis is increased if there are insufficient treatment of viral lesions or the emergence of allergies. To the symptoms of the pathology include watery discharge from the sinuses that continues for about a week. In addition, note the pain of throat, cough, redness of the face, fever. There may be headaches and toothaches. In chronic form, the discharge appear longer.
The need for intervention
The mechanism of the disease based on the continuous infectious process in the maxillary sinuses. With adequate drainage outflows with nasal secretions from the sinuses, the maximum effect of anti-inflammatory treatment and there is recovery of the patient.
Puncture in the sinus are designed for mechanical drainage of the nasal sinuses and flushing with antiseptics. The indications for the operation include:
- The lack of therapeutic effect and the worsening conditions after the traditional treatment options.
- The presence of unpleasant odors from the sinuses.
- The presence of nasal congestion and accompanying headaches, increasing with head tilt.
Before the procedure it is desirable to conduct x-ray, which revealed the accumulation of pus in the fistula.
The sequence of operations
Of course, the puncture of the sinuses is a painful procedure, but its implementation is resorted to in case of failure of other treatment methods. The procedure is performed in the following sequence:
- Anesthesia. From anesthetics the doctor may use lidocaine 4%, tetracaine, or a combination thereof. The swab means is wound on a spatula and inserted into the depth of the sinuses.
- Taking puncture. Puncture of the nose while sinusitis is performed after activation of a local anesthetic. The clerk enters into the cavity of the needle Kulikovskii, made in the form of a long tube with thick walls and a cannula for connection with a syringe. The needle is the operating zone (thin region in the wall of the maxillary sinus) and quick movement pierced.
- Washing. After puncture of the nasal cavity should be done washing. A syringe connected to the needle Kulikovskii, in the puncture enters antiseptic solution. After that, the pus with the medicine is eliminated from the localized region. Rinsing is carried out until, until out of the bosom will not go transparent washes without pus and blood. Then, the specialist performs x-ray imaging, where will be reflected the absence or presence of the content of the sinuses.
Detail to see how a puncture in the sinus, can be on a dedicated video.
The patient should mentally prepare that when washing will see not a very pleasant picture. In the tray of the damaged sinus will leave the blood with purulent formations. After washing the nose, the patient is sent home with the specialist recommendations. Within six months, it is desirable to do self-flushing of the sinuses with the help of medicinal solutions (potassium permanganate, furatsilina).
- The period of rehabilitation. Many patients complain that after puncture of nasal sinus aches. It can be noted that bone tissue, there is a tremendous resilience. The osteoblasts made regular synthesis of bone matrix, and in violation of the skeletal structure of their work is enhanced, so the healing process is very fast.
The appearance of inflammation after surgery the specialist prescribes antibiotics to eliminate complications.
If the puncture has likewise taken on material culture, the doctor will select the remedy to which pathogens are particularly sensitive.
The advantages and disadvantages of the method used
Most likely, the only negative point in the use of puncture are the possible consequences, around which is not always possible. After all, much depends on the professional performing the operation. An experienced doctor will not prescribe antibiotics, painkillers and other means, yet not in advance make sure of no allergies to them in a patient. When perforation of the sinus of the nose, he should exclude the infection of adjacent zones and to accurately hit the needed area. That is, the specialist performing puncture of the maxillary sinus, should be competent, experienced and attentive.
There are also a number of contraindications to the operation:
- Early age of the child.
- The existence of common serious diseases.
- The acute phase of the course of infection.
- The disturbed structure of the paranasal sinuses.
Despite the fact that the puncture of maxillary sinuses is not a pleasant procedure, its effectiveness proven. By removing pus from the nasal cavity to decrease the dosage and duration of consumption of antibiotics which can cause side effects.
Basically, the punctures there are no complications, and a month delayed bone hole in the wall without special care.
An alternative to puncture
The choice of methods of treatment for suppuration of the sinuses is based on many factors (overall health, form and stage of the disease, anatomical structure of nasal cavity, etc.). Therefore, therapeutic methods are the following:
- Responsione treatment.
- The use of drugs.
In complex therapy with the use of system antibioticscan, antimicrobial, antihistamine and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Responsione treatment is based on the flushing of the nose to the moving fluid, while a popular way is considered to be «cuckoo». But such therapy can only be applied in the initial stages of pathology development, increased immunity in the mucosa, the absence of irregularities in the passage between the nasal cavity and maxillary sinus.
In some cases, therapy combined with laser therapy. After washing and removal of pus and mucus from the sinuses additionally the laser reduces inflammation.
In addition, most clinicians recommend the use of sine-catheter «Yamik», the principle of which is aimed at eliminating accumulated pus and the change of nasal positive pressure negative.
Traditional methods of removing pathology
In addition to nasal lavage with antibiotics, the doctor may prescribe other methods of treatment:
- An effective remedy is rinsing with salt water, which is mixed food or sea salt with iodine is poured in a syringe without a needle.
- For dissolution and removal of excess mucus from the nasal cavity, you can use spicy seasonings added to food, pepper, onion, garlic, wasabi paste, Apple cider vinegar (170 ml dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar and drink three times a day for 5 days).
- A strong antibiotic is an extract of grapefruit seeds, which should be instilled into the nose. The tool will help to eliminate microorganisms, including parasites, viruses and bacteria in the sinuses. The same effect has the decoction of the leaves of lemon balm for rinsing.
- Effective and simple remedy is the use of steam. To do this, boil boil water in a kettle, pour it in a bowl or Cup on the head to throw a towel and breathe in the outgoing pairs.
- You should also keep a balanced diet, lead a healthy to boost immunity and reduce the risk of recurrence of sinusitis. From the diet should exclude flour products, chocolate, eggs, sugar, dairy and fried foods. You need to drink fluids in large volumes, consume whole-wheat products, legumes and soups.
Not required to puncture sinusitis (photos can be viewed on the website), you should promptly begin treatment of the disease. And with early diagnosis, you can remove the pathology without surgical intervention.
To protect your body from disease is possible by the hardening of the body and consumption of large amounts of plant products with vitamins.