Radiowave treatment of cervical erosion: indications, features
Cervical erosion is one of the most common diseases of the female reproductive system. The presence of erosion is diagnosed not less than 55% and 60% the ladies that are in their reproductive years. Most of gynaecological pathology in women 30 – 50 years, but in some cases, the disease can occur in younger girls. Also excels congenital erosion of the cervix, which is diagnosed even baby girls.
Erosion is a benign pathological process in the mucous surface of the cervix, which is based on the active replacement of the epithelium of the cervical division of the uterus cylindrical cells of the cervical canal. In other words, cervical erosion is a defect of the mucosal surface of the reproductive organ. In the process of forming erosive disease at the mucosal surface of the cervix appear bleeding wounds and sores, through which the infection can get into the upper genital tract. There are also spotting.
In addition, we must remember that extensive erosion, not treated, can lead to very serious consequences for women – from infertility to the formation of malignant tumors. That is why we should start treating gynecological diseases as soon as diagnosed with «cervical erosion». Today for treatment of this pathology various techniques are applied: diathermocoagulation, cryosurgery, laser surgery, medication. One of the most effective and safe is considered radiowave treatment of cervical erosion, which is also known as radioactice.
The main advantages and disadvantages of radio wave surgery
Radiowave method of treatment of erosion of the uterus refers to modern surgical techniques, which are widely used in many clinics for removing pathology of gynecologic character. The popularity of radio-wave surgery is growing rapidly, and this is not surprising, given the fact that the method has many advantages over other methods – for example, before diathermocoagulation.
The main advantages of radiowave treatment of cervical erosion
- One of the main advantages of radio wave methods is its safety. After the procedure the mucous surface of the cervix is not formed rough scar of connective tissue, as happens after cauterization of erosion by current. Due to this, to apply the radio wave method is recommended for nulliparous women and women planning pregnancy in the future.
- The painless procedure. Removal of cervical erosion radio waves is completely painless, that is why many women prefer this method of treatment.
- The procedure is performed quite quickly – its maximum duration is 20 minutes.
- Radioactice refers to gentle methods, which do not stands out blood. This means that during the treatment the incision is made in a contactless manner without destroying the tissues, and the patient quite painful. In addition, in the process of radiowave destruction of the possibility of damage to healthy tissue is minimal.
- The recovery period after the procedure lasts about two times lower than after other types of surgical treatment of cervical erosion. Woman don’t bother profuse discharge. Epithelialization of the treated tissue takes place in an accelerated time frame, while the woman feels no pain, so she has the opportunity as quickly as possible to return to a normal, active life. As a rule, in the absence of various complications in the rehabilitation process lasts no more than 3 – 5 weeks.
- Removal of cervical erosion radio waves completely eliminates the risk of burns or postoperative hemorrhage. During the treatment the blood is also missing, and the probability of postoperative infection is minimized.
- And finally, it is necessary to tell about such an important advantage of radio-wave surgery as efficiency. If, after other methods of operative treatment of erosion, for example, diathermocoagulation, for complete removal erosive sites need multiple treatments, using radio waves, the expected result of treatment is achieved already after the first procedure.
Due to its numerous advantages of radio wave surgery is considered to be one of the most preferred methods of treatment of cervical erosion, in particular in nulliparous women. Radio-wave method has virtually no drawbacks – to include, perhaps, only the high cost of the procedure significantly exceed the price of other methods of treatment of erosion. In addition, the treatment uses a special, expensive equipment which is not in every clinic. Problems finding a suitable medical institution can be attributed to the disadvantages of radiowave treatment of cervical erosion.
Indications and contraindications to the use of radio waves
Treatment of cervical erosion radio waves is considered to be optimum both in primary and in case of advanced stage of cervical erosion. The erosive destruction of tissues are effected in the first half of the menstrual cycle – usually between 5 to 10 a day. Such terms are chosen in order to speed up the recovery process of the epithelium of the cervix. Why in the treatment of gynaecological pathology in most cases, preference is given radiowave surgery? The answer is simple: when exposed to radio waves on the affected areas of the mucosa of the cervix is not only the dissection of tissues, and antibacterial treatment and coagulation of blood vessels uncovered in the process of exposure to radio waves.
The main indications for treatment radio wave method are considered congenital and acquired erosion, endocervicoses, cervical dysplasia, a combination of a pseudo-inflammatory processes in the pelvis. But be sure to remember that, like any other method of surgical treatment, radioactice has its own list of contraindications. Radioactice does not apply in the following cases.
- The method is not applicable in the presence of pregnancy in women.
- Contraindication is the period of menstruation or discharge, blood from the genital tract.
- Inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs, which are in the acute or subacute stage.
- The blood clotting disorder, diabetes mellitus in anamnesis.
- Serious contraindication to the use of radiowave treatment of cervical erosion is the presence of mental health problems – in this case we are talking about schizophrenia, epilepsy and other pathologies.
- The flu and other diseases of an infectious nature. In such cases, the removal of cervical erosion is performed only after the normalization of the status of women.
Before conducting radiowave treatment of cervical erosion, the patient must undergo special training, which is the examination of the body and delivery of all necessary analysis that does not hurt. In the process of pelvic examination necessarily takes a smear on flora, bacterial inoculation to determine the vaginal flora, discharge for Cytology and biopsy. A woman definitely makes a blood test for tumor markers, HIV, syphilis, hepatitis. Immediately before conducting the intervention in the internal organs of a small basin are studied with the help of colposcopy.
Conduct radiowave removal of erosion
Cauterization of cervical erosion radio waves is based on the use of the device Surgitron. The whole procedure takes no more than 15 – 20 minutes. For this treatment methods are not necessarily spending long periods in hospital – removal of cervical erosion is directly in the gynecological chair. The method is carried out using local or surface anesthesia, so the patient during the procedure is not painful.
For the treatment of gynecological diseases, so-called radio knife. This apparatus, the tip of which produces radio waves of high frequency that happens dissection of tissues. The integrity of the latter is not disturbed, as in conventional surgical procedures. In the process of overheating erosive cells is their evaporation, which is accompanied by the release of low-temperature steam. It is through this steam coagulation dissected blood vessels, which helps to prevent the occurrence of postoperative bleeding.
Radio waves have a strong antibacterial effect, so in the process the intervention occurs and the concomitant destruction of pathogenic microorganisms. Accordingly, the probability of postoperative infection is reduced to zero.
Recovery after removal of erosion
In most cases, a period of healing of the epithelium after radiowave removal of gynecological pathology is quick and painless. Postoperative infection and hemorrhage are absent, can be a light selection. In some cases, allocations are accompanied by painful sensations in the lower abdomen that have a drawing, aching character. To eliminate the pain syndrome, it is recommended to take drugs-analgesics, whose action is directed at relief of pain. This is usually enough.
After the procedure the woman may be scant vaginal discharge, accompanied by discomfort in the reproductive organs. Selection is usually watery – this show about the process of epithelialization of the cervix and do not require additional treatment. In most cases, the allocations are in 10 to 14 days after the procedure.
During the recovery period must be observed sparing regimen of the day. It is strictly forbidden to take a bath, sex life, exercise, run or go back to any kind of physical labor, to raise any weight. You can’t visit the pools, baths, saunas and public swimming as well as sunbathing in the Solarium.