Red clover: medicinal properties at menopause, contraindications
As you know, the menopause occurs at the age of 45-55 years, but, nevertheless, for many the ladies, his coming is unexpected. In the life of modern women a lot of problems and concerns: home and family, work and other concerns, and the climax broke, only adds to the problems.
Menopause can manifest these symptoms: failure of hormonal balance, frequent hot flashes, mood swings, increased body temperature. All this, of course, is reflected on the usual image of a woman, bringing a lot of discomfort. The woman is very tiring for depression and insomnia, which makes her irritable.
At the first manifestations of menopause it is better to consult the gynecologist, but there are also many folk remedies that will help to overcome menopause. One such tool is the red clover is a plant with a huge set of valuable components.
What is the value of red clover?
The plant is a perennial meadow, it red or pink flowers. To meet the plant everywhere. The therapeutic properties of the flowers, stems and leaves.
It is obvious that the value of a plant due to the composition. So, in meadow or red clover are the components:
- vitamins C, E, K, b;
- copper, zinc, calcium, iron, chromium, manganese, phosphorous, selenium;
- essential oil;
- fatty acids;
- salicylic and coumaric acid;
Drugs, which contain red clover proved effective in the treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Their action increases the elasticity of blood vessels, regulates the balance of cholesterol, prevents the formation of blood clots. Medicinal properties of the plant provide effective support to bone tissue, preventing development of osteoporosis.
Proved the effectiveness of red clover in the treatment of female problems. So, it helps to reduce heavy periods too, increase female libido, get rid of inflammation of the appendages and atrophy of the vagina. Helps red clover during menopause, removing negative manifestations.
What is the use of the red clover for menopause?
Red clover medicinal properties during menopause are characterized by the presence of estrogen-like components of plant origin that makes an effective use in a given period, allowing you to make it less painful. The whole plant contains analogs of the hormone progesterone, which helps normalize hormones of the female body.
It is known that the synthetic hormones are addictive, their use can cause side reactions and can have serious consequences. What is not true about hormones of vegetable origin, which are present in red clover.
Red clover helps to cope with such unpleasant symptoms that characterize menopause:
- sleep disorders;
- emotional stress;
- chronic fatigue;
- problems with urination;
- tension in the chest area;
- problems with memory and attention;
- problems with hair, nails, skin;
- to restore the structure of the mucous membrane of the uterus;
- to return the libido.
When the use of red clover is contraindicated?
Despite the medicinal properties of the plant, its use in the menopause can not all women, because the composition contains hormone-like components. For this reason, before starting treatment with red clover, it is necessary to consult a doctor. This will allow to avoid negative reactions. Especially we need to be cautious if taking red clover will be combined with the hormone treatments.
Use of the plant is contraindicated in the following cases:
- problems with the digestive system;
- after a heart attack;
- when violations of cerebral circulation;
- in the presence of estrogenzawisimy formations;
- the tendency to the formation of blood clots.
How to take?
In the heat treatment process, the plant loses its medicinal properties that are used during menopause. The course of treatment usually lasts 3-4 weeks, then need a break for 2 weeks. It should be noted that the effect will be noticeable after the first course.
- Douching. During menopause women suffer from this unpleasant symptom is vaginal dryness. To prepare the means for irrigation, you need to take 90 g dried flowers of red clover and pour 250 ml of boiling water. Cover and allow to cool, strain. Douche morning and evening.
- The infusion. The infusion can be prepared from the flowers, stems and leaves. Required to take 80 dried plants and pour two cups of boiling water. Cover the container lid and to insist 1 hour, drain. Drink 50 ml before meals 3 times a day. Infusion should take a warm.
- Tea. The plant, brewed as a tea, the drink is very tasty and flavorful. The plant can be brewed both independently and with welding. If to add to the clover strawberry or lime, this tea will help to normalize sleep and to remove the unpleasant symptoms of menopause.
The use of red clover in the treatment of menopausal manifestations effectively. It can be combined with vitamins, homeopathic remedies, hormonal drugs, but agreed with the doctor.