Red nose: causes and treatment, pictures redness
Why is red nose and how is it treated?
Redness of the nose is a fairly common pathology. Many patients do not pay this symptom and consider it a sign of the development of serious pathologies. The tip of the nose may be red is not only influenced by frost or cold.
The discoloration of the skin may indicate the development of dangerous pathologies. This symptom indicates diseases of the cardiovascular or endocrine systems. It is therefore important to establish the cause and, if necessary, to start therapy.
Change the color of the upper layer of the epidermis may occur under the influence of external factors:
- Cold, wind or heat. This is a natural reaction of the organism to changes in air temperature, which causes vasodilation.
- Catarrhal rhinitis. Redness occurs in the background irritation. People suffering from colds, constantly mismarketed, and wipes her nose with a tissue or handkerchief, which causes the redness. It runs independently after the treatment of SARS.
- The ultraviolet light. Exposure to sunlight on the skin triggers the production of melanin. This pigment gives the skin a red or brown color and protects against the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- The use of poor-quality cosmetics. Redness, peeling or itching can occur when constant contact with the cosmetic products of poor quality. The color of the skin comes to normal on their own after you have removed the cause.
- Eating spicy food or overeating. This provokes the blood flow to the top layer of the epidermis, which leads to expansion of veins and broken capillaries.
- Addiction. Many of you know, my nose is red from the alcohol, but why is this happening? This phenomenon occurs as a result of high blood pressure. Vessels become more sensitive to dilate, and the capillaries burst. Smoking can also be the cause of circulatory disorders and even the occurrence of mini strokes.
Redness of the nose caused by the reasons listed above, does not require treatment.
To get rid of cosmetic defect, you should eliminate contact with the precipitating factor. Also doctors recommend to lead an active lifestyle, follow the diet and get rid of bad habits.
The nose may be red due to the development of serious diseases. Most often it is a symptom of cardiovascular disease. In patients who have hypertension on the nose appear streaks of red, and the skin takes on a bluish tinge.
Pink or red nose can be a symptom of the following diseases:
- Demodicosis. The disease occurs on the background of the development of subcutaneous mite, which feeds on the skin cells. The result is inflammation. The surface of the nose starts to peel and itch.
- The malfunction of the thyroid gland. The thyroid oversees the functioning of many organs and systems of the body. In cases of oversupply or shortage of hormones that it synthesizes may change the hue of the upper layer of the epidermis in the nose.
- Rosacea is characterized by the occurrence in the field of redness pimples pink small size, as seen in the photo on the right. Other signs of the disease does not manifest.
- Hormonal changes occur on the background of long-lasting contraceptive drugs or excess weight.
- Rosacea refers to a rather serious illness, which is characterized by the appearance on the surface of the nose veins and vascular asterisks. A red nose can be a result of the fact that the walls of the vessels become thinner, disturbed microcirculation. Lack of treatment can lead to paralysis of microscopic fibers of muscle tissue.
- Lupus erythematosus. Develops on the background of a compromised immune system. Manifested in the form of red spots on nose and cheeks. In form it resembles a butterfly.
- Neuropsychiatric abnormalities. Regular stress and nervous tension are the cause of the microcirculation, which leads to redness of the nose.
- Pathology of the gastrointestinal tract chronic. Often accompanied by constipation, which are the cause of hypothermia of the nose.
- Dermatological diseases such as eczema or atopic dermatitis. They often provoke redness and skin irritation in the nose, cheeks and neck.
- Carcinoid syndrome. The disease is characterized by a change in the color of the upper layer of the epidermis on the nose, face, neck. Accompanied by fever, tachycardia, and dizziness.
All diseases require immediate treatment to the doctor, as entail the development of serious dangerous consequences. The cause depends on the treatment of red nose.
In some cases, the irritation resolves on its own, and sometimes requires drug therapy.
Why the child has a red nose?
Red nose in infants and older kids may be in the cold or hot season. Often this phenomenon is caused by the peculiarities of thermoregulation of the body. In this case, the symptom resolves on its own and requires no treatment.
If the symptom occurs regardless of weather conditions, this is an obvious reason to consult with a pediatric otolaryngologist.
Red nose is not considered a pathology and in case of occurrence requires a thorough examination. What to do when red nose, tell the attending physician that will conduct the necessary diagnostics and will establish the cause of the symptom. Treatment should be directed at addressing the factors that triggered the development of pathology.
In cases where the color change of the skin occurs on the background of allergic reactions, you must avoid contact with the allergen. Most often it is food or cosmetics. For withdrawal symptoms is recommended to apply antiallergic ointment: Panthoderm or Flutsinar.
If the cause a variety of dermatological diseases, hormonal medication corticosteroid group. They help to relieve inflammation and have a regenerating property.
The most effective are:
To take medication should be strictly in prescribed dosage, since they have a number of side effects.
When violations of hormonal levels require monitoring by an endocrinologist who will determine the cause and prescribe the necessary treatment.
To get rid of redness on the nose in certain cases requires the use of fortified vehicles.
With the aim of restoring the functions of the skin are used:
- Vitamin A. Retinol helps to speed up tissue regeneration and prescribed for acne, eczema or psoriasis.
- Vitamin E. Necessary for removing toxins from the body. Prescribed for skin allergies.
- Vitamin H. Involved in the synthesis of fats and carbohydrates. Indicated for eczema, dermatitis or increased dryness of the skin.
- Vitamin PP. Removes from the tissues the toxins and lowers cholesterol. Prescribed for eczema, rosacea and dermatitis.
Vitamins should be taken with caution, as the surplus of substances in the body causes the development of hypervitaminosis. For the restoration of protective forces of an organism is shown taking Immunostimulants, for example, Likopida or Kunala.
Physiotherapeutic methods of treatment used in severe cases in severe pathology. A doctor can be assigned:
- Electrophoresis. On the affected areas of the skin affected using an electrical current. The procedure helps to restore blood circulation and accelerate tissue regeneration.
- Magnetotherapy. Exposure occurs by means of electromagnetic waves.
- Coagulation of blood vessels. On the skin with a special laser. Prescribed for rosacea.
Each method of physical therapy effects has a number of contraindications. That’s why before applying you should consult with a specialist.
To prevent irritation and redness in the nose area doctors recommend to observe a number of preventive measures:
- Is not a long time in the cold and the cold.
- To avoid the development of colds and start their treatment at the first signs.
- Give up bad habits or to minimize the use of alcohol.
- Avoid contact with chemicals.
- Regular course admission b-vitamin complex to strengthen the immune system.
- Eat right. You should limit the consumption of spicy food and avoid foods that cause allergies.
- Use only quality cosmetics.
- Not to be a long time in the sun, and use sunscreen.
- To strengthen blood vessels. Experts advise to harden and sports.
- To carry out daily hygienic procedures. Better to wash with baby soap, since it do not contain dyes and fragrances that can cause allergies.
If the first symptoms be sure to consult the doctor, as redness may indicate the development of serious diseases.
Why is red nose can only be the attending physician after examination. Causes of symptom there are many. This may be the result of external factors or signal the development of serious pathologies.
The course of treatment depends on what was the reason for the appearance of redness and irritation. In some cases, they pass on their own, while others require medication. It is therefore not necessary to postpone visiting the doctor.