Resection of the labia minora: indications for surgery
Resection of the labia minora is one of the types of labiaplasty. It has been used to correct aesthetic and functional defects of the female external genitalia and give them an attractive look.
Intimate plastic surgery is a relatively young but rapidly developing branch of medicine. First surgery for cosmetic reasons was held in 1983. And the very first in the history of the plasticity of female genital mutilation can be considered a cult circumcision in some African tribes, which, however, has nothing in common with modern surgery.
Hypertrophy of the labia
Resection is a surgical by reducing body with the removal of excess tissues. It is demanded, if the labia from nature or as a result of injury excessively increased and can not properly perform its function.
Too big, elongated or asymmetrical labia minora:
- contribute to the formation of women have complexes, self-doubt, fear of sexual intimacy;
- create inconvenience during active movements, sport activities, sexual contact;
- subjected to strong friction, resulting in injury, hurt;
- do not allow a woman to wear tight-fitting clothes and underwear;
- cause sweating in the crotch area;
- difficult hygiene, promote the rapid development of inflammatory diseases;
- are a serious aesthetic defect, irritating woman.
Of course, the value of the indicator is different for each person, there is no universal yardsticks. Anatomically and physiologically justified is the size of the labia minora, where they are completely hidden under large, when a woman is in an upright position. If the side stretching the value of folds is larger than 4 — 5cm, speak about its hypertrophy.
The reasons for the increase of the labia
Hypertrophy and elongation (elongation) labia minora can be congenital or acquired. Often the pathology progresses during puberty when the female body undergoes severe hormonal changes.
The main reasons:
- a genetic factor;
- inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system;
- hormonal imbalance of the body, hyperandrogenism;
- the age factor, natural aging.
- sagging skin due to a sharp drop excess weight;
- active, frequent Masturbation;
- injuries of the labia, fractures at birth, piercing.
Modern medicine allows us to correct almost any defect of the human body. Plastic surgery of the genitals is a relatively simple operation, which gives remarkable results. Given the intimate nature of the operation, the most important thing for a woman to find a good doctor whom she can trust.
As for any surgical intervention for labiaplasty, there are certain contraindications:
- sexually transmitted diseases and inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system;
- a serious chronic condition;
- mental disorders;
- the clotting of blood.
Therefore, before operation woman should undergo a thorough gynecological examination and pass some tests:
- clinical and biochemical blood tests;
- testing for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis b and hepatitis C;
- vaginal smear to identify hidden infections;
If necessary, the doctor may order additional tests.
The operation is performed in the middle of the monthly cycle (not later than 10 days before the start of menstruation). Directly before surgery, you must survive 12 hours without food or water and apply a cleansing enema.
If a woman is very worried, the doctor can prescribe her a mild sedative that is compatible with the applied anesthesia.
During the operation
Reduction of the labia is usually performed under local anesthesia. According to the patient and where indicated, General anesthesia is used. At the same time can be performed other operations on the reproductive organs (plastic surgery of labia majora, clitoris, vagina).
For the excision of the excess tissue used surgical scalpel, scissors, or more modern methods (radiono, a laser beam). There are several methods grafting.
- Simply cutting the excess tissue (amputation, linear excision). This method is almost never used, because it is traumatic, not allowing to preserve the natural folding of the lips.
- Excision of wedge-shaped (V-shaped, triangular). Such resection preserves the physiological shape of the lips, their corrugated outer edge, pigmentation.
The materials of the stitches are absorbable, so to remove them is not necessary. The wound treated with antiseptic, a bandage is not applied. The operation lasts no longer than an hour. For 1 — 2 hours of coming off the anesthesia, then the patient goes to the recovery home.
For 1 — 2 weeks after surgery requires regular treatment sutures antiseptic solution (Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, Dioxidine, Octenisept) after each urination. Complete resorption of sutures occurs after 3 to 4 weeks.
The possible reactions during the first days:
- moderate pain;
- swelling and asymmetry of the genital organs;
- adhesion of the edges of the lips;
- the disappearance of sensitivity;
- minor hemorrhage.
Wounds heal very quickly due to the active circulation in the genital organs. If the operation was without complications, the scars are not formed, and the normal skin sensitivity is restored pretty soon. After 5 — 6 days the patient undergoes a medical examination to make sure that healing is proceeding normally.
Advice to the woman after the surgery:
- sit less to avoid congestion;
- do not smoke, do not drink alcoholic beverages;
- limit physical activity;
- within 3 to 4 weeks not to engage in sexual contact;
- to avoid strong thermal effects, not to visit bath, sauna, not to take hot baths;
- carefully observe hygiene, not to use the pool.
A month later, after the plastic surgery the woman will be able to enjoy the results. Reduction of the labia leads to an improvement in the outer appearance of the reproductive organs and restore a healthy psychological state of the patient. Complexes disappear, the sex life starts to be fun. It is important to facilitate hygiene and disease prevention.