Scars after laparoscopy: characteristics of the care rules
When performing laparoscopy side reactions are minimized, since it is low-impact and safe operation. Minor scars after laparoscopy is quite invisible. If you follow the rules of proper care, then no trace will be visible.
What is the probability of occurrence of scars after laparoscopic surgery?
There would be scars or not after laparoscopic surgery depends on several factors. One of these factors is the process of growing new connective tissue at the incision site. The first time this area should be protected from sunlight. Why? Ultraviolet rays can cause scarring. If a woman wants to sunbathe, apply a cream with high protective properties.
Where are the scars?
During open surgical intervention to make incisions in the abdomen, which after a while heal up. With laparoscopic surgery involves 3 small puncture, sometimes 4 puncture. First in the navel, through it, the surgeon introduces a special optical device. All the rest — in the lower part of the belly, through them found other tools.
The advantage is that the punctures in laparoscopy are made in inconspicuous place, and they are small — not more than 1 cm. After the laparoscopy scars are not visible. «Why?» — you will ask. The fact that the length of the punctures a minimum of 1-2 inches. In order to reduce scarring after the stitches were removed, it is recommended to use special ointments, with absorbing properties.
If the restoration of tissues lacking in collagen, scars in the place of the scars will not be convex, and will fall into the abdominal cavity, forming unsightly depressions. They look equally unpleasant, as ugly and convex scars after big and sloppy cuts. Could they somehow cope? There are several methods by which unsightly pits on the skin will be hardly noticeable or visible at all:
- Under the skin introduces a special «cell cocktail» containing hyaluronic acid, collagen cells, a whole group of vitamins. The composition has a stimulating effect, causing the cells of the body hard to produce its own collagen. The method is called mesotherapy.
- In the subcutaneous layer is entered, the filer is a substance that contains hyaluronic acid. The voids between the cells are filled with a filer, and the skin flattens out. Unfortunately, after a while the detective resolved, and the procedure must be repeated again and again. Method called biorevitalization.
- Special rotating at high speed brushes provide effective mechanical peeling, thanks to which the upper skin layer in the rumen is erased, and the formation of new collagen klatov is started again. With peeling patch of skin which was done the incision is getting more flat and smooth. The method called is the dermabrasion.
Before using a particular method, you need to get acquainted with possible contraindications and to apply a particular method only after consulting your doctor.
Punctures: care rules
After laparoscopy the incisions overlap special clips are used threads with absorbable effect. Will there be a scar after surgery depends on care. Caring for them is quite simple. In addition, you need to follow the rules of General care, including treatment of punctures with antiseptics and iodine, additionally performed preventive therapy, which aims to prevent the scarring process.
Prophylactic therapy after laparoscopic surgery:
- Puncture wounds need to impose gauze with agents containing enzymes that promote tissue regeneration (for example, gel «Curiosin»). Active ingredient is the zinc hyaluronate having bacteriological action. Deficiency of the substance can lead to what may form hypertrophic and keloid scars.
- After the puncture heals, the gel can be changed in the ointment «Contractubex» or other tool that can soften the scars. «Contractubex» stabilizes the processes occurring at the cellular level, soothes, has anti-bacterial and smoothing properties.
What to do when complications after surgery?
What to do if oozing wound after surgery? Often this happens when a surgeon is poorly connected to the edges of the wound, sewing up her. The wound will leave a residue on the gauze bandage. When the wound heals, the scar will be visible.
For a wound to properly care:
- This needs to be cleaned preparative or alcohol-containing solutions (the area around her, but not the actual wound).
- The puncture is processed the «Chlorhexidine» and hydrogen peroxide.
- Superimposed gauze bandage «Sintomitsinovoy» ointment, a bandage to be changed at intervals of 1 day;
- The wound site is necessary to apply the plaster with a special silver pillow.
- The wound cannot be washed and wet.
Quite often doctors recommend to use «nasal spray». But to do this is undesirable, as it begins the process of hypergranulation, and the scar becomes very noticeable.
As you can see, scars after laparoscopy can be avoided if you follow proper wound care after the surgery. Observing all the guidelines, a woman can avoid scarring the scars that will be visible.