Sex lump on lip: causes, diagnosis and treatment
That appears a bump on the genital lip in medicine is called bartholinitis. This disease is an inflammatory process occurring in Bartolomeu gland, located ahead of the vagina.
Iron is a paired organ located in the tissues of the large labia. Its main function is to provide a transparent viscous lubricant needed for a comfortable flow of sexual intercourse. She begins to produce excitation and mechanical stress. Immature girls don’t suffer from inflammation of the Bartholin gland, as it is they still underdeveloped.
The types of the disease
Bartholinitis is classified into several types of the disease and its level of destruction. Depending on how the disease is shared:
- Bartholinitis acute form, characterized by distinct symptoms and fever;
- Bartholinitis chronic, characterized by a long period of flow with alternating improvements and deteriorations.
In the chronic form of the disease is the blockage and the gland seal. The accumulation of secretory fluid forms a cyst, which at the initial stage does not cause discomfort and does not cause painful sensations. If the contents of the cysts become infected, forming an abscess in which the cavity is formed purulent contents.
Depending on the level of the lesion there are forms of disease, such as:
- Canaliculi in which there is mild pain, a channel leading out the secret in this case is not clogged. The inflammatory process, thus only affects the excretory duct of the gland;
- Abscess about in which the duct gland is fully sealed and the accumulation of pus. The fabrics remain intact;
- A true abscess, where infection content there is damage to the tissues of the gland. In this form there is severe pain with throbbing, there is discomfort when in contact with clothing, during intercourse and walking.
To determine at what stage the disease can only specialist, who will prescribe an effective treatment.
Causes of bumps on the genital lip
Gynaecologists produce a lot of causes of lumps inside the large or small labia. Among them stands out, the most common:
- Infections of various nature;
- Systematic failure to comply with the rules of intimate hygiene (using other people’s towels);
- Autoimmune disorders;
- The presence of microorganisms of pathogenic character of bacteria, infections (E. coli, staphylococci, streptococci, gonococci, etc.);
- Frequent change of sexual partners;
- Venereal disease;
- Wearing tight underwear;
- Diseases of the genitourinary system inflammatory;
- Vaginal dysbacteriosis;
- Hypothermia, etc.
Any reason may cause a blockage of the Bartholin gland, leading to accumulation in the liquid and the formation of the bumps inside of the labia.
The clinical picture of the disease
The first manifestations of the inflammatory process in the gland is Bartolomeu tingling feeling and burning sensation during sexual intercourse. Naturally, she rarely pays attention to it and withdraws the appearance of such sensations in insufficient lubrication or excessive friction.
Usually the woman notices that there were bumps on vulva only at the next stage of development of bartholinitis when swelling and redness of the tissues. At this stage, the disease may quiet down and not be seen, but soon will be felt with new force.
If you see a specialist at this stage, you can completely forget about the disease and the troubles associated with it. Otherwise, the bumps can develop and become large in size. Delaying the visit to the gynecologist, the disease reaches a stage when a woman with difficulty to move, this greatly increases her body temperature. Also possible swollen lymph nodes in the groin area.
Thus, the clinical manifestations of bartholinitis are directly dependent on the stage of the disease. If you do not start treatment in time the lump may become chronic.
The overall picture of symptoms when bartholinitis is as follows:
- Increased body temperature;
- The increase in size of the labia (including minor);
- The asymmetry of the external genitalia;
- Pain when you touch it, walking, sexual intercourse and any mechanical action;
- The presence of purulent secretions.
Spontaneous opening of the abscess leads to unpleasant consequences and danger to women’s health. Quality treatment can only be carried out by a qualified gynecologist.
Bump on the genitals are diagnosed at home by yourself is quite simple. It’s enough to test the tissue of the labia and feel the seal. It may be hot and flushed. However, by diagnosing the lump of the house on their own, it is not necessary to conduct an independent treatment of «grandma» methods.
Clinical diagnosis is done by examination. The doctor prescribes a number of tests (colcoscopy, culture, bacteriological, etc.). This procedure allows to identify the exact cause and causative agent of an infectious process.
Treatment bumps on the genitals
Most often the treatment of bartholinitis involves taking painkillers and antibiotics. In the treatment of each patient an individual approach is used according to the results of conducted analyses, and portability, it certain drugs.
Late stage disease requires surgery under local anesthesia. After this treatment the woman should be located in the walls of the medical institution until complete healing of the wound, to avoid infection.
To treat bartholinitis can also use receiving antibiotic baths and antibiotics. In chronic course of the disease are assigned different physiotherapy (paraffin, ozokerites, laser heating).
Treatment of bartholinitis in the home is not recommended.
The prevention of lumps on labia
The main preventive measures of bartholinitis are:
- Personal hygiene (for inflammation, to treat the labia must be at least two times per day);
- The use of contraception during intercourse with non-regular partner (use this when you need it to condoms);
- To prevent hypothermia;
- To increase the level of immunity;
- Avoidance of stress;
- Eating healthy meals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle;
- Quitting bad habits (alcohol, Smoking, drugs, etc.);
- The rejection of tight clothing (underwear, jeans, etc.);
- Regular checkups to the gynecologist (at least 2 times per year);
- Timely diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system.
As soon as they noticed the first symptoms of bartholinitis need to pay a visit to the gynecologist, to prevent any escalation of the situation. You must understand, the sooner to seek help from professionals, the greater the likelihood a speedy and full recovery.