Sinusitis without nasal discharge and fever: could it be and treatment
How to treat sinusitis without runny nose?
Sinusitis is a disease occurring in the frontal sinuses. Symptoms of inflammation manifested in the last stages when the body’s immune system can no longer cope with the disease. As a rule, in adults sinusitis occurs with high fever, blocked nasal passages, severe pain in the head, dryness of the mucosa and shortness of breath. Often inflammation of the frontal sinuses, accompanied by extreme cold.
Sinusitis sometimes occurs without nasal discharge. This usually occurs in the early stages, when there has not yet been diagnosis of the disease. To determine the onset of inflammation in this case, it is possible by the characteristic pain in the sinuses and nasal frontal part. At the same time, the patient appears fear of light, tearing and pain in the frontal sinuses.
Can the sinusitis be no temperature
Inflammation of the frontal sinuses occurs with distinct symptoms. Patients usually complain of pain in the head, increased body temperature to 38-39 degrees Celsius, nasal congestion and profuse discharge of mucous character.
In addition, inflammation of the frontal sinuses expressed a strong intoxication of an organism. At this time, the patient may receive pain in the region of the skull and temples, to disturbed nasal breathing, dizziness and nausea. But these symptoms are individual, so the most common symptom of inflammation is considered to be long-lasting rhinitis.
For reference! Runny nose, accompanied with headaches, the evidence of frontal sinusitis.
If the patient does not have discharge of mucous character, but shows all the symptoms of sinusitis, you need to be examined by a specialist.
To diagnose the disease is possible by means of palpation. Usually when you touch the frontal sinus, the patient feels acute pain manifestation.
With pain in superciliary region, you should seek medical help. Likely, the patient is diagnosed with initial stage of development of frontal sinusitis.
The chronic form
Inflammation of the frontal sinuses without the formation of mucous secretion can occur in the chronic form of the disease. In this case, it is important to find out the root cause of the formation of inflammation of the frontal sinuses. As a rule, the cause of the disease lies in the seasonal decline of the immune system.
In addition, chronic sinusitis may occur due goes untreated acute respiratory disease, prolonged rhinitis or in connection with the improper treatment of ENT-inflammation.
A weak immune system
The lack of nutrients and vitamin complexes leads to impaired immune function, which leads to the formation of many pathological processes in the body.
In this case, the sinusitis may occur without mucosal secretions. The treatment of this form of the disease begins with the restoration of the protective functions of the body.
A deviated septum
Another reason for the absence when rhinitis sinusitis include a deviated septum. When respiratory failure due to such causes together with sinusitis, it is important to receive comprehensive treatment.
As a rule, cure sinusitis in this type of inflammation is possible only after surgical exposure of the nasal cavity.
Benign or malignant tumors
Sinusitis can occur without fever and signs of rhinitis due to different tumors. Often these symptoms do not appear if the patient is diagnosed with a cyst, tumor, or adenoids.
To cure sinusitis only after surgical intervention, during which the patient and remove all the tumors and restore the natural patency of the nasal passages.
Treatment of sinusitis without fever must be determined by a qualified physician. To begin with, the patient should determine the cause of such a process, and then undergo medical therapy.
Usually, a comprehensive treatment includes the following procedures:
- Daily lavage of the sinuses to reduce swelling in the nasal passages. Even if the patient had no mucosal secretions, nasal sinus, as a rule, still laid. Return to nasal breathing will help the following drugs – «Aqualor», «Aqua Maris», «Marimer», «Dolphin», «Humer». Rinse your nose should be five times a day.
- In addition to the reorganization of the nasal passages, you can use decongestants. They will reduce the swelling and restore the patency of the nasal passages. However, in the absence of the mucous secretion, these drugs to use only in case of emergency, such as when the swelling becomes a cause of poor sleep. In such case, you can use «Nazivin», «Otrivin», «Glycine», «Naphazoline» and other nasal remedies.
- When sinusitis without mucosal secretions would be beneficial to have inhalation therapy based on mineral water, essential oils and aromatic additives.
- If the patient was diagnosed with the initial stage of the disease, which in medicine is called catarrhal frontal sinusitis, the patient will be prescribed a combination of eye drops – «Izofra», «Polideksa» or «Bioparox».
- In allergic nature of the disease, when the sinusitis is accompanied by itching and burning of the nasal mucosa, are appointed by the following drugs – «Zyrtec», «Effective», «Zodak», «Suprastin», «Aerius».
- When sinusitis without fever, it would be appropriate to use anti-inflammatory drugs – «Indomethacin», «Ketoprofen», «Piroxicam», «Aspirin», «Diclofenac», «Aceclofenac», «Naproxen», «Ibuprofen».
- With the development of bacterial sinusitis is appointed antibacterial therapy. It is appropriate when the patient notices a purulent admixture. In this case, it is necessary «Amoxicillin», «Ampicillin», «Ceftriaxone» or «Suprax».
In addition to the standard treatment, the patient will be useful in immunostimulating preparations and vitamin complexes.
For reference! When treating sinusitis with antibiotics is important not to forget about the necessity of probiotics. They will restore intestinal flora and eliminate dysbiosis.
If the inflammation of the frontal sinuses is not accompanied by an increase in temperature and abundant secretions from the nose doctor is able from the first day to appoint physiotherapy.
Usually at the mild stage, the patient helps the electrophoresis and phonophoresis.
Such methods are conducted under the influence of constant electric current, which allows the introduction of drugs directly through the skin to the mucous membrane of the affected part. Thus, there is a cure for the infection part, but turns out to be a beneficial effect on the entire body. During treatments, the patient noted a rapid recovery and improvement of health after the first use of physiotherapy.
If the standard method of treatment has not given proper results, the patient can undergo urgent surgical intervention. There are several types of surgical treatment.
Before surgery the patient should have blood and urine tests and several laboratory tests. If at the time of survey the patient has no fever or signs of acute inflammation, are assigned the day of surgery.
Usually patients prefer endoscopic surgery. The treatment takes place under General anesthesia, during which the restoration of nasal breathing. Surgical exposure is especially important if the cause of the disease lies in a deviated nasal septum or the formation of polyps or adenoids.
Another type of impact is trepanopuncture. In the course of operative intervention in this case, the patient is waiting for the puncture of the frontal sinus, lavage of the cavity and the use of certain drugs. The rehabilitation period takes about two weeks, during which the patient should stay in bed.
In addition, the patient can appoint application of Yamik catheter. This type of surgery purulent nature of the disease. It differs from other procedures painless and quick recovery period. To learn more about this operation here.
As a rule, to avoid surgery, if the patient has noticed the beginning of the formation of inflammation and has taken all necessary measures. Drastic measures are needed only in bacterial inflammation of the frontal sinuses.
It should be noted that inflammation of the frontal sinuses is a serious process. In the absence of timely treatment there is a risk of dangerous consequences. However, even in the absence of obvious signs of disease, such as runny nose and fever, to notice the formation of sinusitis even in the very early stages.
In most cases, the sinusitis can be cured in two weeks of combination therapy.