Small lips of the vagina: the functions and properties
Female genital organs are divided into internal and external. Internal organs allow a woman to conceive and bear offspring, but the outer took the role to feel pleasure during sexual intercourse and deliver the same pleasure to the partner. To internal organs include vagina, uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries. And on the external: pubis, large and small labia, the clitoris, the eve of the vagina and Bartholin’s glands. The distinction between them is hymen, and after a woman gets the first experience of sexual life her remains.
Pubis – one of the most delicate areas located in the lower part of the abdomen. He rises slightly and all this thanks to the excellent development of the fatty layer beneath the skin. Pubic hair covers the scalp very coarse hair.
The labia are folds of skin located around the genital slit and the vestibule of the vagina on both sides.
- Big lips are folds of skin strata is enriched in fat tissue. Skin has many sebaceous and sweat glands during puberty on its surface appear the hair. In the lower portion of the Bartholin gland is located. If they are alone, they aren’t affected by sexual stimulation, then they closed, which allows you to create some protection for the other organs from the harmful effects of microorganisms.
- Small lips are between large, similar to thin and very delicate folds of the pink color, they limit the threshold of the vagina. Small lips protecting the vagina, they also have many sebaceous glands, and blood vessels with blood and nerve endings. When excited, they swell with blood and resemble hard rollers that allows you to feel sexy intensity at the entrance of the penis into the vagina.
The clitoris is the organ is very sensitive to sexual caresses and is located in the upper part of the small lips. This body can be considered special because it only has one main function is to accumulate sexual experience. The dimensions of the individual, every woman has her own, mostly its length is about 5 cm, although there are women who have it is quite small, Novo sexual intercourse and sexual activity, it changes its size, to become more.
The eve of the vagina is free space in the form of a slot, limit it to small lips on the sides of the clitoris at the top, and the back junction of the labia. The threshold is very sensitive to any touch and during sexual intercourse with your partner immediately engorged with blood and forms a elastic cuffs, he moistened a secret of glands and opens the entrance to the vagina.
Bartholin’s glands cannot be seen by the naked eye. They are in the thick labia, but at the same time, they play an important role, to select a lubricant during sexual intercourse, to the penis could freely and very easily penetrate the vagina. The value of one of them, about 2 cm.
All of the above authorities relate to the external and are called organs of the vulva. What they need, the function of the vulva?
Features of the vulva and its functions
The vulva is a skin organ with a mucous membrane formed by the lower divisions of the reproductive system female. Organs the vulva consists of the external genital organs of a woman including: pubic hair, small lips and large clitoris. The vulva differs from skin, develops from the urogenital sinus, it is for this reason that the skin and subcutaneous tissue throughout the life of a woman very sensitive to all the changes in the hormonal background than other areas.
In childhood, in the period of hormonal rest, the tissue of the vulva is very thin and vulnerable, that is why in this age increases the risk of inflammation.
During puberty, the tissues of the vulva fill with juice, improves blood and lymph circulation, the epithelium becomes thicker, increases the secretory function of the genital tract and all this is accompanied by activation of the immune system.
But women aged from menarche to menopause the tissue of the vulva will be most protected from inflammation and degeneration, but only in the case if the body has adequate quantities of estrogen.
But from the moment when stops the menstrual cycle of the vulvar tissue atrophy, the epithelium becomes thinner, small lips and large clitoris vary in size, secretory function is reduced.
But in old age the most favourable conditions for the development of degeneration of tissues of the vulva. Even the most minor injury can easily join infection. All bodies are part of the vulva susceptible to disease, so even from early childhood the need to monitor the hygiene and regularly visit a gynecologist. If the infection passes through the large or small labia, then she will not be getting into the uterus and lead to serious pathologies.
The internal reproductive organs of women
Vagina or vagina is a female organ involved in sexual intercourse, and when labor and delivery is part of the birth canal. Length of the vagina is about 8 cm, but not all women are the size of the vagina 6 cm, or 12. Inside the vagina is a mucous membrane with many folds, that is why he has the ability to stretch during the birth activity.
Ovaries is the gonads, immediately after birth there is a huge amount not yet Mature eggs. In addition they also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Due to the constant change of hormones and the secretion of hormones is in the process of maturation of ova and their withdrawal from the ovaries. This process is repeated regularly every 28-30 days. The release of the egg is called ovulation. Very close to the ovary and into the female body two, are located the fallopian tubes.
The fallopian tube is a pair of tubes with holes do they originate from the ovaries to the uterus and they open at the top. On the tips of the pipes, those that are closer to the ovaries are located the hairs, they are at the time of the release of an egg caught her and sent to the uterus. But how does the female reproductive uterus?
Uterus, what is this organ and what it consists of?
Main reproductive organ is the female uterus. This unpaired hollow organ with smooth muscle. It is located in the lower part of the abdomen on the same level with the sacrum. The uterus looks like a pear, flattened in the anteroposterior direction. The widest part it is directed upwards and slightly forward, and the narrow downward and forward. The uterus throughout the woman’s life is changing its shape and size, and especially interesting it looks at the moment of bearing offspring. Uterus in women who have not yet given birth, with a length of about 8 cm, parous – to 10 cm. its Weight ranges from 30 to 100 g.
The uterus is divided into several separate parts, each of them has its own function:
- The cervix. She some members of the fairer sex enters into the body of the organ, and sometimes sharply delineated. Its length is about 3 cm and it is divided into 2 parts: supravaginal and vaginal. The upper 2/3 of the neck located above the vagina and the lower part is pushed into the vagina. In the lower part there is an oval opening of the uterus, it forms the front and rear lips. Those women who had given birth the hole of the cross shape, and have not yet given birth – rounded. The opening of the uterus is directed towards the back wall of the vagina.
- The body of the uterus. It has the shape of a triangle, the lower angle truncated, and then enters the cervix. The body is separated from cervix narrow part of the isthmus. In the body of the uterus distinguish the front surface a pimple, rear – intestinal side. The upper part of the uterus, rising in the form of a set of fallopian tubes is called the fundus. It is a small bulge forming at the edges of the uterine angles into them and enter the pipe. The place of confluence is called the horns of the uterus.
- The cavity of the uterus. It has a length of about 7 cm, when viewed in the context, then it has the shape of a triangle. The size of the uterus every woman is different: from those that gave birth, alone, childless.
- The wall of the uterus. It consists of three layers: the outer serous membrane, medium – muscle and internal – mucosa.
Looks exactly like the uterus and other organs in the body of every woman can only tell the doctor after the examination. Remember that every woman has her own body chemistry and the uterus, ovaries, small lips and other sex organs can vary greatly in sizes and shapes. Various diseases can leave your mark on them and completely change not only shape and size but also the composition of the mucosa. The womb and all the genitals women are unique and they help to carry and then give birth on light of the baby, so for their health we need to follow all his life.