Sneezing and constant runny nose without fever: treatment of the adult and child
What to take for a runny nose and sneezing?
To provoke the constant sneezing and stuffy nose may be irritation of the mucosa by pathogenic microorganisms or potent antigens. When ineffective treatment, the acute phase of the inflammatory process becomes chronic. If in the first phase, the symptoms are mild and readily amenable to therapy, the development of the latter complicates the recovery process.
Treatment of sneezing and runny nose without fever begins with identifying the nature of pathology. The diagnostic results determine the medical scheme, the need for antibacterial drugs, or the possibility to resort to the delicate pharmaceutical products.
The reasons for the development of rhinitis and sneezing
Based on the etiology of rhinitis is a violation of the General and local immune defenses, activation of pathogenic microorganisms in the paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx. Morphological changes of the epithelium manifest increased secretion of the glandular cells of the mucous secretion, the development of swelling, inflammation of the sinuses.
The production of mucus miconazole reflex reaction to external and internal aggressive factors. From the nozzle are ejected pathogenic viruses and bacteria, and when sneezing occurs spontaneous cleansing of the upper respiratory tract.
Sneezing and runny nose without fever in a child occur for the following reasons:
- respiratory diseases. The first flu symptoms appear education aconselho secretion, nasal congestion, a violation of the natural breathing through the nose. In the future, the clinical picture is completed by sneezing, redness of eyes, fatigue, aching joints, headache, cough. The inflammatory process occurs without an increase in subfebrile indicators of the body in the unicellular incubation period (2-3 days) or sustained immunity;
- lesions of the upper and lower respiratory tract by pathogenic strains. This disease of the nasopharynx viral or bacterial origin, occurs as a result of activation of infectious agents. Pathogens can affect the upper part of the pharynx and paranasal sinuses. For all forms of expression peculiar to a violation of the drainage function, constant runny nose, rich thick selection green-yellow color with impurities of fluid, headache, sneezing;
- allergic reactions. Allergies occur when contact with an irritant, most often in the flowering season of plants. Irritating factors is too dry or humid indoor air, dust, pet dander, inhalation of hot or cold steam, the use of household cleaning products, tobacco smoke. The typical symptoms of Allergy is the formation of a transparent liquid nasal secretions, itching, skin reddening, lacrimation.
For reference! Newborns through the runny nose and sneezing clears the nasal passages from mucus in utero.
Runny nose and sneezing is accompanied by vasomotor rhinitis. With the increase of soft tissues in the nasal cavity there is a narrowing of the channels, as a result, violation of nasal breathing, the tone of the vascular epithelium.
Hyperemia and edema of the turbinates is manifested by episodic symptoms of rhinitis: miconazole secretions, nasal congestion, sneezing, snuffling, a decreased sense of smell.
Snot and sneezing adults have identical root causes of development. Trigger an inflammation of the inner lining of the nose can localization tumors (polyps), mechanical damage, anatomical abnormalities surgery.
Heart disease and blood vessels, alteration in hormonal levels increase the risk of violation of the integrity of the nasal mucosa. A negative impact on the epithelium has a haphazard reception of vasoconstrictor drugs.
The use of medication more than 7-10 days provokes the dependence of the body as a result of the development of drug rhinitis.
How to treat nasal congestion and sneezing in an adult and child?
Children any form of rhinitis suffer more difficult due to the physiological features. The emergence of sneezing, aconselho secret requires medical involvement. The scheme of treatment in different age groups is identical, differs only in the course of, the dosage of the drugs.
Hygiene of the nasal cavity
Nasal congestion cause discomfort, interfere with natural oxygen enrichment that affects the well-being of the patient. The first task in combating rhinitis – clear nasal passages from the remnants of mucus, dust and foreign agents.
Mechanical removal of pathogenic strains provides regular toilet of the nose boiled water with salt, a saline solution, herbal infusions, potassium permanganate or furatsilina.
Will be effective pharmaceutical products based on isotonic seawater – «Akvamaris», «no-Sol», «Dolphin», «Aqualor». Natural ingredients and a complex of mineral salts have antiseptic effect, enhance local immunity, active soft tissue regeneration, increase the outflow aconselho secret.
The result is manifested by relief of the inflammatory process, relieve swelling, restore drainage function, normalization of microflora of the mucosa.
Important! To remove dust and plant pollen, which are active antigens can running water.
Instill nasal passages
The action of nasal drops or sprays of the local application directed to restore breathing through the nose, the inhibition of the synthesis of pathogenic microorganisms. In the therapeutic scheme of the patient includes the following group of drugs:
- vasoconstrictor. The effect of pharmaceutical products is the vasoconstriction of the mucosa, edema, restore nasal breathing. The therapeutic effect occurs within 5-10 minutes after instillation, persists up to 6-8 hours. Composition represented by one of the active ingredients — Xylometazoline: «Xylitol», «Otrivin», «ksimelin», «Rinonorm». Nafazolina: «Naphazoline», «Naphazoline», «Sanorin». Oxymetazoline: «Netopen», «Nesolagus», «Expra», «good spray». Tetrizolina: «Bournel», «Glycine», «Octile»;
Medicines effective for infection of the respiratory system bacteria and viruses, allergic and vasomotor rhinitis. Regular use of medication is limited to 3-5 days, in severe clinical cases 7-10.
- antiviral agents. Appointed ENT-diseases of viral etiology or as a preventive measure. It is advisable to start taking the drug at the first sign of nasal congestion. The drug is aimed at the production of antibodies that increases the body’s resistance against foreign agents. Contraindicated in cardiovascular abnormalities, renal disease. Adults and children most often prescribed «Interferon», «Grippferon»;
- antibacterial drops from sneezing and runny nose. Indications for the prescription of antibiotics is the formation of purulent exudate in the paranasal sinuses, prolonged bacterial rhinitis. Widespread drugs on the basis of framizetin («Izofra»), neomycin («Polideksa»), fusafungine («Bioparoks»). Use course 5 to 7 days under strict medical supervision, especially in the treatment of children;
- homeopathic medications. The minimum concentration of the active ingredients does not have a systemic effect, characterized by local action. Due to the natural composition of the products of animal origin and plants has a wide range of actions. The therapeutic effect aimed at elimination of edema of the inner shell, restoring the respiratory process. Homeopathic preparations «EDAS-131», «Tonsilgon» have antiseptic activity that is recommended in the treatment of inflammation of upper and lower respiratory tract.
Important! Rhinitis, accompanied by snot and sneezing without fever, at the early stages of pregnancy threatens the health of the mother and the unborn child.
- antihistamines. They are appointed when the root causes of runny nose and sneezing is contact with the allergen. Action of active components is focused on the blockade of receptors of neurotransmitters. To pharmacological properties include anticholinergic and sedative effects. Medications are not absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract remain active for up to 24 hours, are not addictive. The remedy facilitates the course, prevents the development of inflammation of the mucous membrane with the localization of antigens. For the treatment of snot and sneezing without fever recommended «Zyrtec», «claritin», «Castin», «Ruppin», «Loragexal».
To increase the protective forces of the body it is advisable to take vitamins, drink more fluids, to control the optimum percentage of humidity in the room, more fresh air.
The individual characteristics of the organism, degree of pathology and the localization determines what to take for a runny nose and sneezing at home. Natural ingredients have a gentle effect on the body compared to pharmaceutical drugs.
Caution is required for the fact that they are inherently powerful allergens, exposure to which can aggravate the disease.
If the inflammation takes place without an increase in low-grade indicators, to cope with the symptoms of the pathology is possible by means of warming the feet with mustard powder. Upon completion of the procedures of the limbs are wiped dry, wear wool socks.
Fortified drops of Apple and carrot juice is rich in phytoncides that inhibit the activity of pathogenic microorganisms. Irrigation of nasal passages 4-5 drops of 3R./the day helps to improve aconselho outflow of secretions, restoring the respiratory process.
For reference! Celandine is effective in the treatment of diverse pathologies, including runny nose and sneezing, but the slightest overdose of it in the composition may be fatal.
Effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent is lemon. You can add it to tea, use as a standalone product, to bury the juice in the nostrils. Gruel from the leaves of plantain, citrus and honey will effectively cope with a cold, sneezing with flu, the common cold.
Immunomodulatory and firming effect of decoctions of medicinal herbs. This will require a thermos of hot water and the dry raw material, chamomile, calendula, mint, rose hips. Infuse for 1-2 hours, drink 3-4 times a day until complete recovery.
Patient complaints that are frequently sneezing, stuffy nose or snot flowing, should not be ignored. The symptoms may manifest a defensive reaction of the organism to external and internal stimuli or indicate a serious pathological disorders. A therapeutic scheme is a specialist on the basis of the etiology of the disease, the patient’s history.