Snot in the nose and throat in infants: why appear and how to remove sleeze
How to remove snot from the nasopharynx of infants?
Mucus in the nose in infants becomes a real problem for parents. Because of the inability to breathe through the nasal passages, the baby becomes cranky and constantly filled with screaming, refusing meals, often touches the nose. Such symptoms should alert the mother and father, and they, in turn, should take all necessary measures. It is important to understand that the nostrils of the baby and the whole structure in the cavity of the nose is narrow, so the accumulated mucus causes acute pain.
Because of the age of the child cannot blow his nose and get rid of the secretions on their own. If you do not handle breathing organ in time, the child may be wheezing in the nasopharynx and other consequences. However, prompt treatment and the identification of reasons why a baby’s snot in the nose and throat will prevent parents from many problems.
Why are selection
A newborn baby often is exposed to colds and viral inflammations. Owing fragile immune system, malicious viruses and infections freely penetrate into the cavity of the nose and pharynx, causing acute symptoms. So if baby snot slurp in the nasopharynx it is important to quickly take measures to protect the nasal mucosa.
Mucus must be present in the nasal cavity. In small amounts it moisturizes the nasal cavity and protects the surface of the nasopharynx from dust, germs, environmental influences.
In addition, functions of mucus is to support the work of the mucous membranes and prevent irritation of the cavity.
If the main tasks of mucous secret is infringed, the infant formed an unpleasant feeling accompanied by tears and fatigue.
The reason for this process lies in catarrhal disease. If the parents feared the formation of a cold or flu, you need to contact your pediatrician.
Acute respiratory inflammation
With the defeat of the body inflammation of respiratory character must undergo complex treatment and get rid of the source of the disease.
Cold in this case is only one of many symptoms. In addition, a child worried about chills, fever, increased sweating, rash.
If you over-wrap the baby or often is under the open sun, the little patient might suffer from heat. In this process, overheating of the body causes congestion of the nasopharynx, which further leads to serious consequences.
If the discharge accompanied by painful sensations in the nose and throat, examine the nasal cavity for the presence of a foreign object. Upon detection of the object do not try to pull it yourself. Thus, you can push the detail further in the nasopharynx, triggering a violation of the functions.
For the same reason can be attributed to food. If the child choked, it is necessary to take urgent measures.
Infants often suffer from pain due to the appearance of the first tooth. In this process, the release of large amounts of mucus naturally.
Usually highlight pass after three days, but if the rhinitis continues for more than weeks it is important to get diagnosis and help the kid to return of respiratory function.
If a stuffy nose throat more than a few days, you should pay attention to the humidity in the room. Excessive dryness can cause a number of processes, including the generation of large amounts of mucus.
Another reason is considered to be an allergic reaction to pet dander, dust, particles, bloom, and other irritants. The treatment in this process begins with establishing the root causes and its elimination.
Up to this point, drugs can only alleviate symptoms. In addition, it is important to establish a rule of daily wet cleaning. Excessive dust is harmful for the baby’s health.
The physiological runny nose
If the mucus in the nose hurts the baby, it is likely that baby passes the adaptation period. At this time, the body of a newborn gets used to the new living conditions. For this reason drug treatment of rhinitis is not required.
Remember! If infants mucus in the nose and throat persists for long time, pass a detailed examination by a pediatrician.
How to treat snot in the nose and throat in infants
Wondering how to remove snot from the nasopharynx in infants, the first thing you need to be examined. In preparation for the tests a doctor can prescribe treatments that will help to restore the breathing and facilitate the child’s condition:
- Daily spend wet cleaning.
- Get rid of carpets, soft toys and other items that can Harbor dust.
- Follow the baby’s sleep. Put your head under a small pillow.
- Should review the child’s diet.
Install a room humidifier. Maintain humidity below sixty percent and the temperature about twenty degrees Celsius.
- Do not forget to ventilate the room.
If adhering to these rules you do not notice improvements in the health of the child, seek qualified help.
To remove the mucus from the nasopharynx of the baby should adhere to comprehensive treatment, which includes use of the following drugs:
- When the bacterial lose the child appointed by antibiotic Amoxiclav. It will relieve the patient from bacteria and harmful germs.
- For the rehabilitation of the nasal cavity essential antiseptic medicines — Furatsilin, Chlorophyllin. They will reduce inflammation and reduce the secretion of mucus in the nasopharynx.
- For instillation into the nose needed an antihistamine Allergodil. For internal reception are assigned Zodak, Suprastin, Aerius, Zyrtec, Helps. They will reduce the puffiness and improve the health of the child.
- In the course of treatment consists of antiviral drug Grippferon. The drug is considered safe for the treatment of kids, so parents can use the tool without risk of complications.
- For the excretion of sputum, the doctor may prescribe inhalation with essential oils and decoctions of herbs.
- To reduce the production of mucous secret baby prescribe nasal vasoconstrictor drops nazivin, Vibrocil, Tizin, Otrivin. They will ensure nasal breathing and swelling in the mucosa.
- To reduce the inflammatory response baby needs herbal remedies. It is best to use Sinupret, as it is the safest for the treatment of children.
- Don’t forget about hygiene. In addition to daily bathroom procedures, it is important to rinse the nasal passages of the baby. To do this, use Otrivin baby. If a child is not breast, doctors prescribe firectory – Aqua Maris, Phrase, Humer and others. In the absence of allergic reactions in solutions can be replaced by a decoction of chamomile or sage.
- Do not remove the crusts in the nose. For moisturizing and lightweight eliminate the discharge, use oil solutions.
If the discharge appeared due to a catarrhal inflammation of the child can assign thermotherapy. However, such procedures are forbidden in high temperature. As a means for warming use lotions of salt or cereals. Warming the nasal passages, you will improve respiratory function and overall health of the baby.
Important! Throughout the treatment should give the baby plenty of water.
To further the child has not had problems of this kind, ought to temper a kid’s body since the early days. Don’t forget the rules of hygiene, follow the child’s diet and daily walk with the baby in the fresh air.