Snot with blood in rhinitis in adult and child: causes
Why do adults and children come out snot with blood?
Such determination as snot – does not exist in the official medicine. This process is called cold, with bleeding or without them. When there is a selection with impurities, some people may begin to panic, especially if the problem concerns children.
Thus, the appearance of the disease, not in all cases is a cause for serious concern.
The reason for the appearance of blood
Because the mucosa of the nasal cavity has a large number of capillaries, the damaged the blood into the excretory fluid. All this is mixed among themselves and there is a runny nose.
Do not confuse the snot with blood and bleeding from the nose. In the first case, of bleeding very little. In another situation, the blood liberally, and it means that damaged a major vessel.
In this situation, a person must immediately provide first aid and stop the bleeding. In the passages of the nose all the capillaries and blood vessels are located close enough, so even a slight trauma can lead to such consequences.
There are reasons why damage occurs to the mucous membrane. This most often occurs with colds, such as influenza, sinusitis.
If not carried out timely treatment, the mucus becomes thick.
In order to blow, man has endeavoured, therefore, and damaged capillaries.
The most common such problem in the morning time of the day, immediately after waking.
This is due to the fact that the mucous membrane dries up.
Often changes are the cause of acute inflammation, so you should not leave this problem without attention.
In addition, bleeding from nose when blowing your nose is for the following reasons:
- mechanical damage of the nasal cavity;
- if there are polyps;
- as a result of neoplasms of different nature;
- inflammatory process of the vascular walls;
- when there are spasms of blood vessels of the head;
Sometimes this phenomenon occurs with those using drops for vasoconstriction from the cold and other medications that affect blood clotting. The problem occurs in people whose daily work is related to changes in pressure. These include mine workers, pilots, people involved in diving.
The disease is often in patients with weakened immune functions. Thus, the result of the weakening of the entire body, capillaries and vessels become brittle.
Important! Do not forget that this disease is also often caused due to the lack of humidity in the room.
To fortify them, should do the following:
- every time before going to bed, ventilate the room;
- if necessary, use a humidifier;
- rinse the nasal cavity with the help of decoctions of herbs (chamomile, calendula, etc.) that promotes rapid healing of wounds;
- before going outside, apply in the area of the nostrils vaseline (medical);
- to perform simple physical exercises that will help strengthen the entire vascular system;
- eat inside decoctions of herbs, which reduce the inflammatory process.
If the problem is associated with such diseases as sinusitis, the patient needs physical therapy. Running cases is assigned to antibacterial therapy.
Main reasons why out snot with blood in children:
- When often on the heater and the humidity level drops to the minimum limit.
- The capillaries become fragile, this happens with a lack of vitamin C and R.
- Intracranial pressure is higher than normal.
- Increased physical activity.
- Frequent change in climatic conditions. Sometimes this disease manifests itself in children whose families are forced to move periodically.
Important! Don’t forget that the blood vessels and capillaries in children, is much weaker than in adults. Therefore, spotting may occur when the child will begin to pick your nose.
Some parents make a mistake when they brush their young children’s nose with a cotton swab. Thus, you can easily injure the fragile capillaries.
Not recommended for the treatment of runny nose drops with vasoconstrictor effect.
Better to stop the choice on the medicines based on natural sea water. Here is the list.
In addition, you can make your own drops.
Should take gas-free mineral water and add a small amount of dead sea salt.
If the child is ill with cold-related diseases, there is a need, several times a day to wash the nose with water. So, it is possible to prevent unwanted consequences in the form of blood discharge.
When snot with blood in a child with a cold are allocated permanently, parents should follow these recommendations:
- constantly rinse a child’s nose with saline solution;
- to ensure that the diet included fruits and vegetables;
- not to allow him to pick your nose with your fingers.
Through such actions it is impossible to harm. Sometimes such measures are usually enough to prevent disease.
If the problem happens permanently, it is necessary to seek the assistance of Laura, he in turn would prescribe treatment with such funds:
- medications to strengthen the vascular walls;
- antibiotics, which are selected individually, in accordance with the age of the patient;
- complexes of vitamins.
Children under 3 years of age may accidentally stick his nose small object, which will continue to injure the vessels. The consequences will be such that there will be red snot from one nostril or two. So toys of this kind it is forbidden to give the kids of this age.
Pull out the foreign object yourself, almost impossible.
Furthermore, attempting to get can wrap only the deeper the promotion depth.
Especially the weak blood vessels are only born children.
To cause the appearance of blood with snot in infants, can excessive dryness of the room. Sometimes this problem occurs when suctioning mucus from the nose with a special device. In a young child even minor overheating can provoke a nosebleed.
If a baby has no abnormalities of coagulation, these factors will not cause much trouble, over time, of growing up normal. However, you need to ensure that the nose does not get the dirt and dust. All because the immune system in infants is significantly weakened, and therefore various viral infection will settle in quickly in the body.
During the period of gestation, a woman’s body undergoes many changes, this affects the decrease in the General immunity. Thus, the vessels become less elastic and quickly exposed to injury. Because of hormonal changes, all the hard capillaries filled with blood. This creates the risk of damage, even when muscle tension.
When you need medical help?
Urgent care qualified physician is required in the following cases:
- snot with blood vysmarkivayutsya every day;
- this phenomenon is observed in a child up to 2-3 years;
- the skin becomes pale, there is pain in the head.
To determine the exact cause, on emerging signs:
- When secretions from the nose turn green, there are impurities of the blood, which means that the body flows a bacterial infection. The patient needs an urgent diagnosis to be sure to exclude the presence of Staphylococcus.
- The appearance of yellow snot means that was damaged capillaries in the upper respiratory tract. Due to the accumulation of fluid in the sinuses, the recovery process can take a long time. In this case, the patient needs hospital treatment.
- Snot white color, thick consistency most often in people prone to allergic reactions. When detected, you must immediately contact a doctor who will prescribe antihistamines.
A runny nose, in rare cases, accompanied by bronchitis, in which there is expectoration and coughing.
To prevent possible causes of runny nose with blood in an adult, you have to follow these preventive guidelines:
- timely cure all diseases of the respiratory tract;
- to prevent negative effects on the mucosa of the nose, using the stimuli;
- eliminate Smoking;
- to follow a proper diet;
- if necessary to use complexes of vitamins and minerals;
- use a douche to strengthen blood vessels.
To protect the child from such manifestations, it is necessary to constantly monitor all upcoming changes in behaviour. In addition, you need to teach the child how to observe all rules of personal hygiene.