Sore forehead with a cold what to do for headaches without fever
What to do when your head hurts from the cold?
Whether from a cold headache? This issue is of concern to many who are faced with a similar problem. This symptom usually accompanies many infectious diseases. Even under normal malaise main companion acts a headache.
Pain in the head may indicate the development of very serious diseases. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize dangerous symptoms and seek assistance from your doctor. Otherwise you can only exacerbate the situation and cause damage to health.
Why headache from a cold?
The phenomenon of headache, often noted with a cold. To overcome this problem it is necessary to understand its root causes. Pain in the head at the discharge from the nose suggests that the inside got a virus.
Sensations, the patient may be supplemented with symptoms:
- raising the temperature of the body;
- pain in the muscles;
There are several causes of cramps at the discharge. These include:
- Increased production of intracranial fluid. It puts pressure on the membranes of the brain. This usually happens due to heat.
- The result, of poisoning the body with toxins and other harmful microbes.
- Suppuration of the sinuses.
If you experience these symptoms, you should consult the doctor and get competent advice.
Attention! In order to avoid complications, important the timely professional help and the correct treatment.
What diseases may indicate pain with a cold?
The presence of migraine with a cold may indicate the progression of different diseases. It all depends on the General symptoms and the clinical picture.
Migraines during nasal discharge may indicate the development of pathologies:
- swelling of the nasopharynx;
- sinusitis and its variants.
Influenza is called acute infectious disease. Called disease penetration into the body of an aggressive virus. Pain appear due to dehydration.
For this anomaly is characterized by the following signs:
- spasms in the joints;
- nasal congestion;
- white mucus from the nose;
- rapid rise in body temperature to 38-40 °C;
Upon detecting at least one indication, it is necessary to go to the doctor. It is important to confirm the diagnosis to begin the right cure. For this you need to pass a number of tests.
The flu is very important to keep drinking plenty of fluids, bed rest and to take all prescribed medications to ease symptoms. In the case of uncomplicated forms of the disease, the headache will disappear in a few days.
Find out how to treat the flu during pregnancy, not to hurt the baby.
Swelling of the nasopharynx
During prolonged cold, which is accompanied with a copious discharge from the nostrils, increasing the risk of edema of the nasopharynx. When this condition is pain in the head and constant arching. When the slopes and curves is their gain.
The cure prescribed by your doctor. In this case you need to apply vasoconstrictor medications and perform a nasal wash with saline. Such procedures will help to quickly get rid of puffiness.
When ear infections very often appears cold and headache without fever. With the progression of the disease the pain becomes very sharp and has a firing character.
To diagnose otitis media can only highly skilled. To get rid of the disease antibiotics, symptomatic drugs and anti-inflammatories.
Read also what to do when there is a congestion of the ear in the cold. What causes this phenomenon?
Sinusitis and its variants
If the infection spreads to the sinuses, a sinus infection begins. With this ailment there is a runny nose, appear pustular emission. The patient can breathe normally. For this reason, the spasms begin in the head.
Depending on the localization of the inflammatory process there are 4 types of sinusitis:
- Sinusitis. When suppuration of the maxillary sinus pain in head, forehead and body temperature rises. The distinctive feature of this disease is increased pain when bending forward. Some evident swelling of the cheeks. Quite often observed is the chronic form of sinusitis. While there has been no increase in temperature, and spasms in the head is negligible. But this condition must still be healing, as it significantly increases the risk of promoting infection in the brain.
- Etmoidit. If you have a forehead with a cold, then it can talk about the development of etmoidit. Signs of such illness are: temperature up to 39 °C, headaches in the nose. The disease carries a risk to health, and therefore need timely advice. In any case, you cannot delay and wait for spontaneous recovery.
- Sinusitis is a very serious illness, which is accompanied with horrible cramps in the front of the head. The disease is a consequence of rhinitis. Disease inflamed frontal sinus. Very often noticed swelling of the upper eyelids.
- Steroidit is a suppuration of the sphenoid sinus. The disease is accompanied with very severe pains in the head. They usually occur in the neck.
Any kind of sinusitis requires timely and adequate treatment.
Headache from a cold: what to do?
What to do first when you have a headache from the cold? It is necessary to address the emerging complaints to the audiologist. Only a doctor can determine the cause of pain, diagnosis and to appoint effective treatment.
Unlike other phenomena, such spasms in the cold to suffer is strictly prohibited. To ease the pain, it is recommended to take the remedy on the basis of Dipyrone or Paracetamol.
Relief patient can feel after the first dose in 10 minutes. Means stronger action should be appointed only your doctor. Otherwise the whole situation can only worsen.
When pain with a cold should heed the following recommendations:
- To provide the patient with maximum comfort and reduce all physical exertion.
- To do in the twilight of the room, turn off the lights, draw the curtains. It is not recommended to watch TV.
- As often as possible ventilate the room in which the patient is located. If there is insufficient oxygen, there is a new spasm of intracranial blood vessels. This leads to increased pain.
Make sure that the patient has no contraindications to perform the following actions:
- To produce a very light massage of the temples and the neck.
- Forehead it is advisable to apply a cold compress.
- In the temple to anoint with essential oils. They can be menthol, lavender, fir. Instead of varnish, you can use the balm Asterisk.
- Drink as much liquid as possible. Useful strong sweetened tea or tea with honey before bedtime.
Adherence to the recommendations will facilitate the patient’s condition, but to avoid unwanted effects, you need a complete cure.
For symptomatic treatment of fever and prescribed a combination of drugs that eliminate spasms in the head. Such tablets include a Rinse. Perhaps the use of powder Rinzasip with vitamin C.
These drugs are designed to:
- relief of symptoms of colds;
- the lower the temperature.
The dosage can be selected only by the doctor individually after examination of the patient. It all depends on the receptivity of ingredients, age of the patient and overall clinic.
To facilitate the patient’s condition is possible thanks to the recipes of traditional medicine. But using them is only possible upon prior communication with the doctor.
Such recipes include:
- Wipe the temporal and frontal area with lemon juice.
- Three times a day to drink a decoction of peppermint.
- To make regular use of aromatherapy.
- During the day every hour to drink 1 table spoon of infusion of cinnamon.
- Migraines will assist mustard powder mixed with honey in equal proportions.
With the constant implementation of all recommendations the patient will be able to improve your condition and to eliminate pain.
Pain in the head with a cold often indicate the progression of any disease. Most of them are very dangerous for human health. It is therefore important for the early detection of symptoms, consult a specialist for help.
In this pathological state important complex therapy, which will help to promptly heal the disease. All methods complement each other. Due to this there is the maximum effect.