Sore teeth sinusitis: what to do and why get sick
Can sore teeth sinusitis?
Sinusitis — inflammation in the maxillary sinus of the nose. The disease is viral or bacterial in nature. Arises as a consequence of diseases such as influenza, measles, acute respiratory infections, scarlet fever, rhinitis. Sinusitis requires mandatory treatment. If treatment is not carried out properly, becomes chronic.
On the background of the disease there are complications of varying severity: inflammation of the eye socket, pain in the teeth, otitis media, meningitis, osteoperiosteal, tonsillitis, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Severe complications can affect the respiratory and circulatory system.
Why do my teeth hurt when inflammation of maxillary sinuses?
To the question, «Can you hurt teeth sinus infection?» have found the answer to the doctors-otolaryngologists.
One of the manifestations of the clinical picture with the inflammatory process of the maxillary sinuses is a pain. The localization of the inflammatory processes can be very different and depends on the degree of dissemination of the process. In the early stages of development of sinusitis pain, due to exposure to the pathogen, is itself an inflammatory process.
Further, there is swelling of the mucous membranes of the sinus, interrupted the outflow of secretions. Actively accumulated mucus. The pus in the sinus is formed by increasing the speed of breeding of bacteria. As it accumulation increases the level of pressure on the walls of the sinuses, increased pain.
Tooth pain when sinusitis occurs as a consequence of the close proximity of the maxillary sinus and the oral cavity. They are separated only by a small wall. In some cases, the roots of the upper posterior teeth are practically in the subordinate chambers. The pus from the sinuses putting pressure on the tooth roots, causing pain of varying intensity. Thus, sinusitis and teeth by infection, easily passing between them.
Important! If you have a toothache, and the dentist is unable to identify the cause and location, you should consult with a doctor-otolaryngologist.
Mechanisms of development of tooth pain in the sinus:
- Upward. The root cause of the defeats bad teeth, from which the infection rises to the sinuses. The response of the maxillary sinus has increased the intensity of pain affected teeth, including healthy parts of the jaw.
- Downside. The focus of the inflammatory process of the maxillary sinus. Mucous and purulent discharge from the pockets go to the bottom of the jaw, causing severe toothache.
If the first occurs toothache, and the symptoms of sinusitis appear only after the time, talking about the upward movement. In the case of the initial formation of the clinical picture of inflammation of the maxillary pockets (fever, congestion, headache, runny nose, feeling of heaviness in the frontal part of the head) to downward.
What should I do if my teeth hurt with sinusitis?
In order to get rid of tooth pain in the sinus, first you need to understand why teeth hurt. Any pain during the illness are the symptoms. Remove clinical symptoms without therapy their causes time. This treatment will not bring long-term effect, will exacerbate the patient’s condition. Therefore, in order to get rid of pain in the jaw, it is necessary to begin treatment of sinusitis.
Therapy directed to the affected organ with the intent of addressing the root causes of pain.
This treatment includes several subspecies:
- drug therapy — the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Nurofen, Ortophen, Diclofenac, acetylsalicylic acid);
- the procedure for nasal lavage (using a special solutions and accessories);
- surgery (when treatment using drugs is ineffective, produce a puncture of the sinus, its irrigation and the incorporation of the antibiotic).
Symptomatic treatment aims to eliminate pain in the jaw. To do this, use analgesics in tablet or powder form.
The most effective are preparations containing in its composition:
- Ketoprofen (Ketanov, Ketarol, Ketorolac);
- ibuprofen (Nurofen Next Moment);
- acetylsalicylic acid;
- the paracetamol.
Especially strong action of different combined drug Tempalgin, Dolores, Finigan.
Traditional methods of removing tooth pain
Alternative medicine has a large Arsenal in the fight against pain.
To eliminate the pain in the teeth in the inflammatory process of the maxillary sinuses use:
- rinsing the mouth with a solution of salt and baking soda (½ teaspoon soda, ½ teaspoon of salt 200 ml of warm water) three times a day;
- rinse the mouth with decoction of herbs (based on flowers of chamomile and calendula, oak bark, eucalyptus leaves, sage and yarrow) several times a day;
- the use of lotions of sea buckthorn, pine oil, alcohol tincture of propolis.
Such methods have no contraindications (except allergic reactions to the components of the product), but have a very doubtful effect: only temporarily relieve the pain.
Thus, if you have a sore jaw or teeth, to reduce discomfort, you can use painkillers or traditional medicines. However, you shouldn’t forget that these methods are temporary and do not affect the cause of the pain.
The best for human health is considered to be a direct impact on inflammation, which in turn leads to the disappearance of pain.