Sprays for the common cold during pregnancy: what you
What nasal spray can be used by pregnant?
Runny nose (rhinitis) has no age preference, as he appears in children and the elderly. During a cold or allergic reaction, the immune system responds to viruses, bacteria or foreign agents, and thereby stimulates the mucous membrane of the sinuses into intensive production of secretions.
The secreted mucus is composed of components that have anti-virus and antibacterial effect. Relieving the body from infection, loses its bactericidal properties, therefore, have to be constantly renewed.
Remains used secret out of the nasal passages, washing out the viruses and bacteria. Hence the appearance of a cold, gives a lot of inconvenience, such as irritation of the skin around the sinuses and difficulty breathing.
Treatment for rhinitis depends on the nature of its origin and age of the patient. For treatment using nasal sprays, eye, inhalation. If the rhinitis of allergic origin, it is sufficient to eliminate the allergen, and runny nose will stop. As for women during pregnancy, not all nasal sprays are good for treating their cold. It depends on the composition of the drug and its side effects.
Pregnancy for women is complicated by the fact that colds cannot be ignored, since the pathogenic microflora affects the development of a fetus. And apply a medications from a cold should be cautious, what would the components of a substance may harm the child’s development. Causes of rhinitis in pregnancy a few:
- One of the main etiological factors of character, is a bacterial and viral infection. It can affect fetal development, and therefore requires therapeutic treatment.
- Extreme changes in temperature downward, leads to hypothermia and cause the common cold. In this case it will be enough heat and warming tea.
- Vasomotor rhinitis is caused due to hormonal failure, manifested in the emission of light mucus and nasal congestion. Here it is necessary to remove the cause, to regulate hormones and runny nose will pass.
- Hypersensitivity of the organism to the antigen will induce allergic rhinitis. In this case it is necessary to identify the allergen and eliminate it from foods or the environment of stay of pregnant women.
Important. What is the nature of the origin would not be in the child’s body to reveal her doctor can and determine which nasal sprays can pregnant women in each individual case.
Nasal sprays are allowed for pregnant women
Basic requirements for drugs, nasal sprays during pregnancy should consist of natural components, the components of the spray should be directed at the destruction of infection. Preparations for rhinitis of the nose can be divided into several groups:
- sprays, based on extracts of medicinal plants;
- drugs vasoconstrictor action;
- on the basis of salt solutions.
Attention. When assigning drops and sprays takes into account the period of pregnancy and the individual tolerance components in their composition.
Preparations on the basis of salt solutions
In the first trimester the embryo has the basic organs of the future body, including the nervous system. And nasal preparations should be chosen taking into account this factor.
In this case, allowed the spray and droplets from nasal congestion for pregnant women on the basis of salt solutions:
- Aqua Maris;
- Other types of pain;
They consist entirely of sea water or ionized salt solution. Sprays contain enough minerals and are completely harmless to the unborn child. Drugs eliminate swelling of the mucous nasopharynx than normalizes the function of the respiratory tract.
At the initial stage of pregnancy it is possible to use Drops. It is based on essential oils of natural origin. The spray has antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
On the second and third trimester the range of sprays increases. These periods for a fetus less dangerous, as the already formed anatomical and physiological features of the future body.
Made sprays and drops from extracts of medicinal plants or mineral-based. They not only eliminate the cause of rhinitis, but also restore the immune system’s ability to fight infection. The most widely used medicines are:
- EDAS-131. It is composed of extract from medicinal herbs, saline solution with silver ions, has antiseptic antibacterial properties, harmless to mother and fetus;
- Euphorbium nasentropfen spray. Consists of medicinal and mineral (diode mercury nitrat silver) components, eliminates puffiness, dryness of the mucosa. Has disinfectant properties.
- Teva operates quickly due to its ability to fully cover the surface of the mucosa of the sinuses. Eliminates puffiness, prevents the formation of pus.
Widely used for the treatment of runny nose in pregnant Evkalipt, it includes eucalyptus oil with antiseptic, peppermint oil and fir oil having antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action.
Antibacterial sprays and drops
Assigned antibacterial drugs based on antibiotics, in the case when pathological secretion from the nasal sinuses is painted in a yellow-green color. Has a specific smell, thick consistency with purulent secretions. The use of sprays based on antibiotics is contraindicated in pregnant because of the risk of pathological effects of the drug on the child.
But if there is a bacterial infection, which can only be treated with antibacterial agents, used:
- Polideksa. Havestraney inflammatory process in the nasopharynx, serves as a vasoconstrictor with anti-microbial action. Feature. The drug consists of dexamethasone, neomycin, polymyxin, therefore, reception is performed only under the supervision of a physician.
- Bioparox. The composition of the drug is fusafungine, an antibiotic of the local destination. While taking the drug it is necessary to consider that the possibility of bronchial spasm, so the treatment does not exceed seven days. Although Bioparox not absorbed in the lymph, there is a risk of addiction.
The use of antibacterial sprays for the common cold, such as Izofra, Fugentin strictly contraindicated during pregnancy. If the runny nose is not a long time, the self is not welcome. Assigned to therapy with antibiotics, a doctor.
Drugs vasoconstrictor actions
Vasoconstrictor sprays during pregnancy, and drops administered in extreme cases, when there are purulent discharge from the nasal passages. Treatment is carried out under the supervision of a physician. When exposed to sprays constrict blood vessels not only the nasal passages but the capillaries in the placenta. The fetus is not getting enough oxygen, there is a risk of hypoxia.
In the treatment of protracted rhinitis illegal drugs vasoconstrictor actions such as: a Cold, Fasin, Ephedrine and their analogues. They adversely affect the circulation in the placenta.
Existing nasal sprays and drops used in medical practice for the treatment of rhinitis in pregnant women may purpose:
Dosage during pregnancy is assigned to a smaller number than is written in the annotation.
To use At only under the supervision of a physician, the second and third trimester, if the need for it exceeds the risk of pathological effects on the fetus.
During pregnancy a woman’s body has to work harder, which can not affect the immune system. The immune system reacts to external stimuli allergic rhinitis. This is due to hormonal instability and a weakened defensive reaction.
Rhinitis allergies can cause the stimuli to which before the pregnancy the body does not respond. Pet dander, dust particle components in the composition of cosmetics and household chemicals. This is a serious reason for going to the allergist, only a specialist can determine the allergen that caused the reaction and to appoint adequate treatment.
For treatment of rhinitis in pregnant women use antihistamines, such as:
- Dr. Reddy’s. The main operating component antihistamines, is cellulose. It fully covers the nasal mucosa, blocking the path of the antigen, and removing the swelling in the sinuses.
- A good cough medicine. The composition of the antihistamine spray is part of the chemical sodium cromoglicate. Thanks it removed the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. The drug does not endanger an unborn child, is also used as a prophylactic.
- Vibrozil. The main components of the drug is phenylephrine and dimention. The tool not only has antihistamine properties, but also a vasoconstrictor, which makes it not desirable for the treatment of rhinitis in pregnant women.
In the case of allergic rhinitis, if the time taken to identify the allergen, no problem. It takes place immediately after the removal of the stimulus.
As an alternative to traditional therapy, used traditional methods of treatment of rhinitis in pregnant women. They are not as fast as the sprays, but it is harmless to mother and unborn child. Compliance with preventive measures during the outbreak, the mother will reduce the risk of disease is rhinitis.