Staphylococcus aureus in pregnancy nose: treatment and implications
How to treat MRSA during pregnancy?
With the birth of the human body settle various microorganisms that can cause different inflammations in the course of life. First microflora of the patient receives even passing through the birth canal. Not always penetrated into the body of bacteria and other organisms are harmless to humans. In some cases their existence can cause serious illness. One of these bacteria is considered to be a staph infection. Most often it manifests itself during pregnancy, and stage of the conventional carrier enters the active stage of inflammation.
The development of the disease due to staphylococcal infection during gestation, unfortunately, not uncommon. To cure inflammation, the cause is staph, it is difficult, as they are insensitive to many antibiotics and are well living even in the complex treatment. In this course, they only provoke the emergence of more serious processes, when a person gets the necessary first aid doctors. To avoid dangerous consequences, it is important to know how to treat MRSA during pregnancy.
Causes and symptoms
Unfortunately, the development of staphylococcal infection in pregnancy is quite common. Most often, the development of this bacteria leads to the development of local inflammation.
This type of inflammation occurs most often. To cure this disease can be under the control of the attending physician and with the help of drug therapy.
Another form of inflammation — a common infection when there is a septic process.
This type of inflammation is dangerous for the expectant mother and takes quite seriously.
In the course of the disease there is a great number of risks that can affect the health of mother and child.
When inflammation of this type there are two subtypes:
- septicemia, when the pathogen enters the blood. Such a process causes fever, shivering, nausea, vomiting and other signs of strong intoxication;
- pyosepticemia, during which the infection is difficult is in the blood, but also moving. This process is dangerous bacteria in the circulation, which leads to the formation of purulent processes throughout the body.
Dangerous during pregnancy is the development of Staphylococcus aureus. At this time, the patient feels the following symptoms:
- the formation of purulent secretions throughout the body;
- the appearance of boils and carbuncles;
- severe inflammation of the mucous membranes in the nose;
- the emergence of microbial runny nose;
- inflammation of blepharitis ;
- education of conjunctivitis;
- inflammation of a sore throat;
- the formation of microbial pharyngitis.
In some cases, a pregnant woman, there is a pneumonia, and renal dysfunction.
Treatment of MRSA during pregnancy
With the development of Staphylococcus in the body of a future mother, the doctor usually prescribes antibiotics. Do not be afraid to take this kind of medication on the second and third trimester as a risk factor for the development of the fetus is not. At this time, the kid is under good protection of the placenta and the baby’s health antibiotics do not affect.
However, to apply antibiotics without prescription is not recommended, as ignorance of the side effects and contraindications can lead to disastrous consequences.
In the first trimester the expectant mother to use antibiotics is undesirable, since at this time the formation of vital processes. In this period of Staphylococcus aureus doctors may prescribe taking bacteriophages.
Bacteriophages are specialized viruses that enter the bloodstream and destroy only bacterial cell. Entering the inflammation, they penetrate into the infected cells and eliminate infected object inside.
Before treatment, the doctor will conduct several types of studies, because in some cases the standard treatment is not suitable. During diagnosis is determined by the kind of bacteria under a microscope.
The bacterium Staphylococcus aureus bunches of grapes resembles a yellow or orange hue.
This type of bacteria can be transmitted by droplets, saliva, blood, dirty objects or hands.
In the ordered environment, they are not dangerous, but in the case of bacteria in the body is inflammation of many ailments.
Keep in mind that the presence of Staphylococcus aureus when childbearing is dangerous for the health of the unborn child.
The bacteria can affect any organ and cause serious inflammation. Newborns often you will notice inflammation of the navel or lesions of the skin. In addition, this type of infection causes pneumonia, inflammation of the subcutaneous fibers, osteomyelitis, and other serious illnesses.
For these reasons, to cure MRSA during pregnancy you need as soon as possible. In the case of child bearing, this type of bacteria most often diagnosed in the throat or nose. The treatment of this localization is assigned to the following:
- The use of an alcoholic solution of chlorophyllipt to rinse the throat and nasopharynx.
- The burying of oil solution a few drops in each nostril for ten days.
- In the course of treatment must enter kvartsevanie.
- To cure this kind of illness without taking antibiotics is virtually impossible, therefore, patients are assigned antibacterial drugs from the group of penicillins or tetracyclines. In each case the selection of the drug occurs after the analysis of the tank of sowing and consideration of pregnancy.
- In case of inflammation of the skin and mucous part of the assigned treatment antiseptic medicines. During pregnancy, doctors recommend to use: the ointment Rivanol, Lugol’s iodine and Fukortsin, as well as turundy with furatsilina and boric acid.
- In the treatment process, it is important to use medicines to support the immune system: interferon, Kipferon, Tsikloferon, Grippferon.
- In addition, the treatment of the expectant mother includes drinking of mineral complexes and antioxidants.
If the aureus struck the skin, it is necessary to perform surgical intervention. During the operation, the expectant mother remove all of the tumor.
What to expect from Staphylococcus
The consequences of this type of disease is uncontrollable, so it is important to identify inflammation at the earliest stages.
Keep in mind that staph infection has a particularly high survival rate even when creating the most adverse conditions, so treatment must be under the supervision of specialists.
Remember that the bacteria Staphylococcus can breed even in clean rubbing alcohol and does not react to different disinfectants.
It is believed that the most effective way to destroy bacteria Staphylococcus is own immune system.
Therefore, the expectant mother is especially important to monitor their health and take large amounts of vitamins.
But in the case of Staphylococcus aureus, it is important to know the possible consequences.
- Staphylococcus aureus often leads to the formation of a purulent process of the skin. Pyoderma may occur throughout the body and causes damage to the skin with formation of purulent secretions.
- Staphylococcus aureus often leads to the formation of boils and abscesses.
- A large number of pimples and other lesions is also apparent due to Staphylococcus bacteria.
- During the beginning of lactation in women forms an acute purulent mastitis. In the case of bacteria, the woman feels the fever and other signs of intoxication. Without antibiotics in this case can not do, but if the process will become uncontrollable need surgical intervention.
- Staphylococcus aureus often becomes a cause of inflammation in the upper respiratory tract.
- In some cases, Staphylococcus aureus triggers the formation bronchitis, tracheitis, laryngitis and sinusitis.
- In addition, the presence of bacteria in the body causes formation of infectious otitis or conjunctivitis.
- In severe cases, indicated the formation of pneumonia and pleurisy. This kind of inflammation is transferred especially hard, but all they are amenable to standard treatment. Lung disease accompanied by severe intoxication and acute symptoms.
- Acute purulent arthritis and osteomyelitis. Inflammation of this kind arise in the case of trauma or recent surgical intervention.
- Golden staph can cause the formation of inflammation of the heart shell. Endocarditis leads to defeat valve and severe insufficiency of the heart. This process is dangerous for a pregnant woman to death.
In addition to these possible complications, the bacteria Staphylococcus can cause strong food poisoning. At this time, the patient is tormented by vomiting, diarrhea, increased body temperature.
Prevention of Staphylococcus aureus is a healthy way of life. Adhering to proper nutrition and sport a kind of bacteria you are not afraid. In addition, it is necessary to treat the teeth and inflammatory processes in the skin.
The expectant mother is important to spend more time in the fresh air, not to forget the rules of personal hygiene and daily wipe the mammary glands.