Stodal syrup during pregnancy: instructions for use in 1, 2, 3 trimesters and reviews
Can I use Stodal syrup during pregnancy?
At the time of the child’s expectations for the pregnant woman threat of any inflammatory process, therefore health in this period should be protected especially carefully. While waiting for the baby’s immune system of the body significantly decreases, which causes the penetration of viruses and malware infections in the body. Thus, may develop pathology of the structure and development of the embryo, which will lead to undesirable consequences.
For this reason, to treat infectious and inflammatory processes in the body necessary at the first sign of the disease. But during pregnancy the intake of many drugs for the expectant mother is forbidden. So how to choose a drug that will not bring harm? Many doctors recommend «Stodal» as an effective drug against inflammation, but can I use «Stodal» during pregnancy?
About the drug «Stodal»
«Stodal» — a combination drug having a positive effect in the fight against viruses and symptoms of inflammation in the upper respiratory tract. The structure of the drug is part of a complex of active ingredients, which fight off viruses and infections.
The list of active substances of the medicament:
- Pulsatilla is a component made of homeopathic dilutions grinding herbs lumbago. Its action has a wide scope and has virtually no side effects. Pulsatilla actively reduces cough and has an effective result in its treatment.
- The bryony is a perennial herb whose root has a large size yellow. This element effectively reduces the symptoms of inflammation of the respiratory organs: dryness and a stabbing pain when swallowing, painful cough, dyspnea, hoarseness, bleeding from the nasal passages, shooting sensations in the head or ear, mucous discharge from the nose, and swelling of the mucous membranes.
- Rumex Crispus is sorrel, which aims to cure cough. Rumex Crispus is prepared from the fresh leaves of sorrel, collected at the beginning of spring. This ingredient contributes to the effective reduction of spasmodic dry cough.
- Ipecac is a shrub, medicinal action is directed at expectoration.
- Coccus, cacti allows to improve the functioning of the mucous membrane, and reduces itching and burning sensation, shooting pains, normalizes skin color and heals the throat and respiratory organs. Eliminates the symptoms of chronic cough, worse in cold season.
- Spongia toast – the action component directed at the respiratory system and the restoration of lymph nodes, which were damaged during a strong cough. The drug is distributed into blood circulation, vascular system and heart. Spongia toast reduces the manifestation of bronchospasm, and dry mucous membranes.
- Sticta of pulmonary effect of this component has a beneficial effect in catarrhal and pulmonary affections, cures severe cough that interferes with sleep is, and also removes the obstruction of the nose and normalizes the General condition of the patient. This substance is very popular in the treatment of debilitating and long-lasting cough, where patients complain of severe pain in the head and ears.
- Antimonium tartaricum beneficial effect on damaged cells of the throat, and acute nasal congestion. Component effectively cures spasms in the throat and reduces the feeling of heaviness. Used for symptoms of influenza and colds. Ingredient permitted in the treatment of even the youngest children. Prescribed for pneumonia.
- Drosera is effective in fever, high temperature, caused by infectious inflammation. The item increases blood circulation in the affected part of the body and promotes rapid healing cells. Reduces the symptoms of a rough, exhausting cough.
In addition to these active components of the drug, in the list of additional elements include the syrup Tolu and Polygala, as well as benzoic acid and ethyl alcohol.
Thanks to the vegetable components, the drug has a pleasant taste and smell.
Pharmacological action funds aimed at reducing a cough. In the first place «Stodal» is a homeopathic drug therefore its active ingredients consist of plant-based.
Due to the large number of active substances in the product, «Stodal» has a positive effect dry cough. With proper treatment, the medication puts a dry cough in the wet and improves the overall condition of the patient.
In addition to the treatment of cough, the effect of the drug is aimed at expectoration and provide a bronchodilator effect. Recall that in medicine there are Brioni, which reduces mucus production, and significantly thins mucus. So cleanse the body and restores the function of respiration.
Contraindications and side effects
Before you purchase the drug you need to seek the advice of the treating physician.
Do not take this medicine without checking with your doctor, as some components of the medication can cause unwanted effects.
Carefully read the contraindications. These include:
- individual intolerance to components of the medication;
- the lack of sugar in the blood;
- in pathological form of the high content of fructose in the urine;
- in the case of glucose-galactose malabsorption.
Side effects of the drug include a few negative reactions. These include:
- itching and burning;
- allergic reactions.
In the case of any unwanted effects, contact your doctor and stop taking the drug. However, unwanted effects are extremely rare.
How to apply «Stodal» during pregnancy
Before using the medicine examine all the effects of the drug.
In the instructions for use of syrup «Stodal» in pregnancy do not indicate any contraindications.
In addition, the drug can be used when feeding the baby’s chest, and in the case of young children.
Drug use is allowed due to the natural composition of the drug. Since it includes only the roots of the plants and the leaves of herbs and other homeopathic ingredients that the drug is harmless to the fetus.
But do not forget that medication includes ethyl alcohol, which can be dangerous in some cases. For violation of dosage, the drug can be dangerous for fetal development. Therefore, the «Stodal» in pregnancy 1 trimester use is not desirable.
In case of inflammation in the 2nd trimester, use the «Stodal», according to doctors, absolutely safe. Some doctors say that the use of medication to infections is necessary, since it will quickly destroy the source of inflammation and will ease the General condition of the patient.
In case of prolonged cough in 3rd trimester, treatment should be timely. At this time, there is a risk of premature birth, so treatment at this stage should not be delayed. In addition, the negative impact on the tone of the uterus can lead to threatened abortion. For this reason, doctors advise to take medication, consult your physician. It will help you to find the right dosage.
If there is no proper treatment of accumulation of phlegm can lead to inflammation in the bronchi.
In this case, can not do without antimicrobial drugs, which could cause serious harm to the mother and child.
To avoid such a situation, should monitor the health and at the very first signs of inflammation to begin treatment.
Dosage in each case individually chosen on the doctor. To prescribe the drug can only be a therapist, so do not self-medicate, especially during pregnancy. The medication should be taken in case of viral, bacterial or infectious lesions of the body, which are accompanied by bouts of severe coughing.
Keep in mind that in rare cases the drug may cause allergic reactions. Therefore please ensure that no hypersensitivity to the components.
Method of application
In the instructions for use indicated that taking the drug can be up to five times a day.
Single dosage is no more than fifteen milliliters. But in some cases, experts are changing the treatment regimen.
During pregnancy it is recommended to take a children’s dosage.
- Thus, in the first trimester, allowed no more than one teaspoon of medicine three times a day.
- During the second trimester you can have up to three teaspoons three times a day.
- At a later time is allowed to increase the dosage to three teaspoons up to five times a day.
Independently increase the dosage, as it may negatively affect the development of the baby.
The course of treatment is strictly individual, but should not last more than seven days.
Opinions about the drug
Reviews about the «Stodola» cough during pregnancy showed positive result.
Irina Mustafina: «In the second trimester of a bad cold, formed a suffocating cough and a bad cold. Mucus was removed by washing, and cough tortured for a very long time. The doctor prescribed «Stodal» as a drug based on herbs. It pleased me, so as to be treated with antibiotics I was scared. Take the syrup for seven days but symptoms of cough were already on the fourth day».
Olesya Zabotina: «In the last month of pregnancy was very cold. At the time of change of air temperature is strong weakened body instantly cold. Tortured long suffocating cough, which caused a spasm in her throat. It was difficult to sleep, formed abdominal cramps. My doctor prescribed «Stodal». At first I studied composition and I was pleasantly surprised by the components included in the composition: everything is on natural basis. Drink the syrup twice a day for three teaspoons. Symptoms have decreased on the third day, and on the seventh everything was. Further examination showed that no harm to the child was not.»
Maria Antonova: «Syrup «Stodal» I was prescribed by my gynecologist when viewed on ultrasound in the second trimester. I’ve been plagued with mild cough that lasted about one week. Drank the syrup for five days and the cough is gone. The taste of medicine palatable, so I even liked it».
Apply syrup «Stodal» during pregnancy can be without fear of consequences. However, before buying the drug you need to ensure no side effects on your body, so consult with your doctor.
Be afraid to use this medication is not necessary, as proved the absence of negative reactions to the development of the baby. Subject to the dosage, the possibility of risk is missing.
But to use medication or not is a personal decision each mother.