Strep throat during pregnancy: how and what to treat, the effects on the fetus and diagnosis
How to treat pharyngitis during pregnancy?
Inflammation of the mucosa and lymphoid tissue of the pharynx as a result of exposure of hot or cold air, the impact of pathogenic fungi and viruses is interpreted as pharyngitis. The deviation progresses against SARS, and in the immunosuppression of the body of a pregnant the risk of infecting respiratory diseases increases.
The development of the pathological process complicates the pregnancy, because therapy requires a powerful pharmaceutical drugs, the reception of which it is expedient to limit the period of gestation of a new life. How to treat pharyngitis during pregnancy determines a therapist or audiologist.
The concept and diagnosis of pharyngitis
The root causes of localization of inflammation on the posterior wall of the larynx is exposure powerful allergens, cold and hot liquids, the thermal air, operability and integrity of the ENT organs. The opportunistic pathogens include adenoviruses, rhinoviruses, influenza virus or parainfluenza.
With the development of the disease patients complain of the following symptoms:
- sore throat;
- discomfort and feeling of dryness in the mouth;
- elevated body temperature;
- swelling and redness of the larynx;
- pain during swallowing of food;
- non-productive cough without the allocation of the mucous secret.
On the basis of examination of the doctor is the therapeutic scheme. The treatment of pharyngitis in pregnancy is determined by the stage of development of inflammation of the mucous:
- Stage 1 — catarrhal pharyngitis. The initial phase of the disease when the patient feels malaise, swelling is progressing after a long conversation, inhalation of cold air masses;
- 2 degree – granulosa pharyngitis. Is characterized by average gravity. The clinical picture is completed by the appearance of red bumps on the back of the throat;
- Stage 3 – atrophic pharyngitis. The acute phase of the inflammatory process accompanied by severe pain during meals, the localization of dry crusts on the mucous membrane, thinning of the inner lining of the larynx.
Important! Even passive Smoking causes irritation of the throat, which gives the prerequisites for the development of pharyngitis.
Chronic pharyngitis and pregnancy are incompatible concepts. In most clinical cases, the causes of disease are opportunistic pathogens whose activity threatens the natural process of fetal development and life of the mother.
The danger manifested by the following factors:
- from the first day of conception to 14 weeks there is a bookmark and the formation of the internal organs of the baby. Protective reaction of the immune system of future mother is weakened, unable to repel the attack of pathogenic agents. The progression of disease in the 1st trimester, increases the risk of spontaneous abortion (miscarriage);
- the flow of pharyngitis on the 2nd and 3rd trimester would prevent you from supplying the baby with nutrients and oxygen, which can cause hypoxia of the fetus or premature birth;
- the waste products of pathogenic microorganisms lead to the intoxication of mother’s body, overcome the placental barrier, thereby disrupting the natural process of functioning of systems of the unborn child;
- increased body temperature to subfebrile level 38 or above has a negative impact on the fetus in the form of defects of the Central nervous system, microcephaly, hypotonia muscular system.
To identify viral or bacterial etiology of pharyngitis possible to osnovanjeto General and biochemical blood tests, bacterial seeding.
The treatment of pharyngitis in pregnancy
Therapy pathology starts with General recommendations. To reduce the intensity of pain in the throat contributes to the rejection of salty and spicy food. The emphasis is on products of soft consistency, drink plenty of room temperature (tea, milk, purified water).
For reference! When irritation of the throat recommended to drink raspberry tea, liquid jelly, warm milk with honey.
To achieve positive dynamics is assigned a complex treatment, which consists of the following requirements:
- Processing the entire area of the throat with antiseptic solutions. The group allowed drugs during gestation presents «Tantum Verde», «Miramistin», «Chlorhexidine», «Help». Non-steroidal drugs intended for local use, possess anti-bacterial activity, anti-inflammatory effect. To treat the posterior wall of the larynx is recommended every 4 hours.
- Rinse the salt or solution furatsilina to 10 times in the first days of inflammation of the mucosa, at day 4, frequency of drug solution is limited to 3-4 times.
- Resorption of immunomodulators in the form of tablets «I have», «Prescribed». Local antiseptic drugs neutralize the cause of the inflammation, provide local immunity, have a protective effect on the mucosa of the pharynx. Adult patients assigned to 2 tablets 3 times a day. The instructions of the manufacturers allow the use of drugs in any trimester of pregnancy, when breastfeeding.
- Reception antihistamines medications «Core», «Zyrtec». Antihistamines recommended for use in liquid form. Possess sedative activity, have antiserotonin effect, stop retching. The daily dose varies t 20 to 40 drops per meal 3x a day. Allowed from 14 weeks gestation.
- The use of antipyretic drugs on the basis of paracetamol, such as»Panadol». Medicine is widespread in Pediatrics, administered to children from the age of three, so do not pose a threat to the health of the mother and the unborn baby.
- The toilet of the nose nasal sprays based on seawater – «Akvamaris». To maintain the optimum physiological state of the nasal cavities encouraged to bury for 2-3 drops in each nostril at least 4 times a day. The treatment ranges from weeks to 2-3 months, because pharmaceutical product of natural origin is not addictive.
- The inclusion of a therapeutic regimen vitamin a And C.
- The holding of the inhalation with the use of saline or mineral water morning and evening. When the diagnosis of atrophic pharyngitis advisable to go on «Acetylcysteine».
Important! The physiotherapeutic methods of influence include mud baths and magnetic therapy.
Nose drops to cure a sore throat are prescribed in the cases when the pathological process is complemented by the swelling of the nasal mucosa, congestion of upper body. Under the ban gets the frequent use of vasoconstrictor drugs, the active ingredients which irritate the inner lining of the larynx.
The treatment of pharyngitis 1, 2,3 trimester.
Recipes alternative medicine based on the use of natural ingredients that provide soft, gentle action. The recommendations are aimed at the active regeneration of the mucous of the throat, strengthening the immune system, mild inflammation.
Among the most effective folk remedies are the following:
- inhalation of steam of boiled potatoes in peel with nonproductive cough;
- treatment of the tonsils with tincture of propolis or ointment;
- gargling decoction of chamomile, sage, calendula. A tablespoon of dry raw material pour 250 ml of boiling water, let stand half an hour. Strained solution to rinse your mouth 3 times a day 1 glass for the reception. The course of treatment is 5-7 days;
- potato juice for rinsing the mouth. From young tuber vegetable press 100 ml. of juice. It is a single dose for the procedure, the multiplicity of manipulations is reduced to 4 repetitions a day;
- the pulp of garlic. Finely cut product is mixed with honey, on a slow fire, bring to a uniform consistency. The filtered liquid is ready to drink in 4-5 hours of infusion. Ingest 10 ml. thrice a day;
- rubbing essential oils of tea tree, eucalyptus, juniper. When hypersensitivity of the body to apply volatile liquid with caution because they are powerful allergens.
Treatment of chronic pharyngitis requires the presence in the therapeutic scheme of tannins contained in the bark of oak, birch, willow. 1 tablespoon of dry raw material is diluted in 200 ml of hot boiled water. Infused and strained decoction is used for washing the throat, with a frequency of every 3-4 hours.
Strep throat during pregnancy and chronic, require an integrated approach to treatment. Traditional methods will be ineffective without the use of a bacteriostatic and anti-inflammatory drug products.
The list of acceptable medications during gestation of the fetus is limited, so effective and safe the drug is determined by the attending physician based on patient history, pregnancy and nature of the pathological process.