Streptocid in the nose from rhinitis and sinusitis: treatment and how to apply
How to apply the Soap with cold and sinus?
Streptocid known since the beginning of the last century. He was discovered by an Austrian scientist-a chemist P. Gelmo as the amide of sulphanilic acid. This substance gave the name of a group of antibacterial drugs — sulfonamides.
Since then, produced a lot of improved effective means to combat bacterial infections, but the drugs on the basis of sulfanilamide is still popular. In this article we will look at how it is recommended to use the Soap from rhinitis and sinusitis.
The description of the drug
Compared to the latest antibiotics, Streptocid has no corrosive action. Its molecules, once incorporated in the cell structure of bacteria, affect the chemical processes. This reduces the reproductive function of microorganisms and stops their reproduction.
Streptocid is available in several forms:
- powder for solution;
- ointment on the basis of the drug.
Powder for external use only consists of the active component, sulfanilamide and contains impurities. Means in the form of a powder partially soluble in cold water, so preparing a medicinal product in liquid form, use boiling water.
The tablets contain 0.3 to 0, 5 mg of sulfanilamide, talc, starch and stearic acid.
Ointments and liniments supplemented with the components that determine the consistency of funds. Liniment (water-soluble preparation for external use) contains streptotsida 50 mg and as additional components the fat cod, emulsifier and stabilizer. Ointment «Streptocida» contains no other ingredients besides the active substance and vaseline to soften the effect of antibiotics on the mucous membranes and tissue.
Indications for use
Antibacterial agent used to treat wounds and cuts. Are used bandages soaked with liniment or ointment. In some cases shown to apply powder for seeding fresh injuries with rupture of the tissues. Apply the Soap and in cosmetics for the treatment of acne and acne.
Take pills inside at:
- coccal infections;
- gonorrhea in acute or chronic form;
- sore throat;
In otolaryngology Streptocid used as an effective tool against the bacterial etiology of rhinitis and sinusitis.
Treatment of the common cold
Treatment of rhinitis with Soap for a long time attributed to folk treatments.
But today doctors recognize this method is effective against rhinitis of bacterial etiology.
Used to treat the finely comminuted powder or tablets:
- With abundant nasal discharge in children use cotton balls with Soap. A cotton cushion dipped in a small amount of vegetable oil and dip in a circle in powder Streptotsida. Tampons are put in each nostril for 20-30 minutes. Repeat the procedure up to three times a day.
- Adults can benefit from inhalation of the powder through a straw. Comminuted pill or a small amount of powder to pour into a spoon and inhale, trying to keep the powder got in his nose for maximum depth. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
To use the Soap for the treatment of rhinitis in children and adults is not recommended without consulting a specialist.
Streptocid in the sinus
Sinusitis is called acute or chronic inflammation of the maxillary sinuses. Its treatment requires a comprehensive approach. One tool you are able to stop inflammation and help cure is the Soap.
For treatment using the same methods as when cold. The duration depends on the stage of the disease and the patient.
Traditional healers recommend the use of liniment of Streptocid for lubricating nasal passages. The course of treatment lasts no more than a month.
In the treatment of rhinitis or sinusitis do not exceed the daily rate of the drug. It is:
- to 7 g for adults;
- to 2 g children under 5 years of age;
- to 3 g for children from 5 to 14 years;
- infants up to 0.3 g.
The daily dose is divided by the number of techniques the physician and can range from 3 to 7 times.
The drug has some contraindications, in compliance with the dosage almost is not any negative reactions.
The instructions supplied with each package reads:
- The soap can not be applied to people suffering from anemia and low hemoglobin.
- The drug may be dangerous in renal failure.
- Hypersensitivity to sulfonamides is a ban for use Streptotsida even locally.
In the local application of Soap symptoms of overdose were not observed.
When taking the drug orally at doses in excess of the norm can occur the symptoms of poisoning by sulfonamides:
- cyanosis (cyanosis) of the skin;
- redness and skin rashes as an allergic reaction;
- in the clinical analysis of blood and urine detected a change in the composition.
In case of an accidental excess dose or manifestation of signs of poisoning you need to seek help from professionals.
Thus, use of the drug in the sinusitis and rhinitis should be used with caution, especially if the Soap is stored in the baby’s nose.