Streptococcus in the nose in a child: treatment and symptoms, variety
How to diagnose and how to treat Streptococcus in the nose in children?
The child’s body is most receptive to the emergence of viral diseases. With each disease the child’s immune system is severely tested. The immune system is done after each successfully transferred the disease.
Streptococcal infection is most common in children a group of diseases, which peaks in autumn – winter period. In most cases the result of the activity of the streptococci in the body is the development of sinusitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis and laryngitis.
Varieties of bacteria and how dangerous they
Streptococci are members of the normal microflora of the human body. These microorganisms in the creation of certain conditions may have a negative impact, triggering the emergence of various diseases.
There are more than 50 varieties of anaerobic parasites that can live in almost all systems of organs, but about 40-60% of streptococcal infection is localized in the nasopharynx.
For the direct number and the habitat of the bacteria responds to the human immune system. In the normal functioning of the immune system Streptococcus pose no threat, but with a decrease in way of protecting the body begins to occur an active reproduction of anaerobic parasites.
The secreted bacterial waste products poison the body and create a favorable environment for disease development.
Streptococci, according to the classification of specific carbohydrates in the cell walls are divided into seventeen groups, the most important are groups A, B, C, D:
- The development of streptococcal infection in the nasopharynx predominantly provokes group a species S. Pyogenes and S. Pneumoniae. The serogroup belonging to the species Streptococcus pyogenes is the causative agent of many diseases, including scarlet fever, streptococcal pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, pneumonia, etc. For the pathogenesis of diseases directly affected by the waste products of the pyogenic Streptococcus. Depending on nosological forms, the effects of microbial activity can manifest themselves in the form of erysipelas, puerperal sepsis, meningitis. The activity of anaerobic parasites in children may cause toxic shock syndrome, and autoimmune disorder syndrome (pandas). The activity of beta hemolytic streptococci of serological group And it is necessary for the autumn – winter period. It is in this period of time in the nasopharynx in children settles about 25-30% of bacteria.
- In rare cases, bacteria of the serogroup In view Streptococcus agalactia adults can serve as instigators for the development of complications such as pneumonia, after suffering SARS. The main habitat of this group of microorganisms of the gastrointestinal tract and urogenital system.
- The bacteria groups can provoke the development of diseases similar to that of group a, but in the human body inhabits a small number.
- Group D is divided in pathogenic enterococci and streptococci. Most susceptible to this type of bacteria is weakened, elderly humans, therefore, often diagnosed in elderly people.
Important! Streptococci are adapted to existence in conditions of the environment. Not susceptible to temperature extremes, dry air. The most favorable environment objects containing moisture and the products of morbid processes in the organism (sputum, purulent exudate).
Streptococcus in the nose of the child is manifested in different symptoms, the base of which can serve as the immune system, age, degree of infection and the localization of pathogens.
Despite the indicated criteria, the species of streptococcal infection have similar characteristic manifestations:
- marked inflammation of throat, accompanied by hyperemia, corresponding signs of infiltration of tissues, pain when swallowing, eating;
- exudative inflammation of the mucous in a short period of time passes from the initial catarrhal to purulent, purulent-necrotic;
- the increase in regional lymph nodes, palpation of which manifested pronounced pain;
- increasing the level of white blood cells, a sharp increase in the erythrocyte sedimentation rate (indicate clinical tests).
Acquisition of microorganisms pathogenic forms in the nose of a child leads to a rapid spread of the inflammatory process of the pharynx with decreased local immunity. The clinical picture is accompanied by the following signs:
- the increase in body temperature;
- weakness and body aches;
- a sore throat or lingering cough (depending on the localization of bacteria).
Products of vital activity of pathogenic microbes are toxins, which significantly inhibit the child’s immunity, so to avoid worsening the child’s condition should promptly seek professional medical care.
Diagnosis of streptococcal infection involves compulsory surrender of General analysis of blood and urine, bacterial culture product of secretion of cells from the nasopharynx using nutrient media.
Differential diagnostic environment allows you to accurately identify the strain of anaerobic microorganisms, to determine their sensitivity to antibiotics.
For a more accurate result, a few days before the test, it is necessary to abandon the use of pharmacological agents (drops, ointments, sprays), to exclude from the procedure of washing and rinsing. In the cultures not brush your teeth, to eat and to drink any liquid.
The next step is carrying out antibiogram the pre-given material to produce an effective therapeutic regimens.
For reference! Procedure cultures absolute painless and has no contraindications.
How to treat Streptococcus in the nose
Depending on the etiology of streptococcal infection, the doctor selects the required group of antibacterial drugs. The list of substances that suppress the action of anaerobic microorganisms includes:
- Macrolides of natural or synthetic origin, possess a broad spectrum of action. Antibiotics of new generation very effective against Gram (+) bacteria («Azithromycin», «Erythromycin», «Roxithromycin», etc.).
- Penicillin. These drugs have a low toxicity, broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity, but of all representatives of bactericidal groups, most often provokes the manifestation of allergic reactions (Benzylpenicillin», «Oxacillin», «Ampicillin», etc.).
- Sulfonamides, have a pronounced antimicrobial action. With the advent of penicillin rarely included in therapeutic regimen («Germain», «Co-trimoxazole», «Biseptol»).
- Cephalosporins are one of the highly effective antimicrobial agents with pronounced antistaphylococcal activity («Azaran», «Alphacat», «Biotrace»).
Daily dose of antibiotics are calculated individually based on the characteristics of the patient (weight, age, functional condition of systems and organs).
Antibiotic therapy has a substantial effect on the intestine of the child. A therapy of dysbiosis requires a comprehensive approach aimed at restoring the intestinal flora, normalization of digestive tract and strengthen the immune power of the body.
Restoring a healthy balance of intestinal contribute to:
- prebiotics, stimulating the growth of intestinal microflora («Duphalac», «Lisala»);
- probiotics inhibit the growth of pathogenic microorganisms and promote the healthy functioning of the bowel («Bifidumbacterin»);
- SymbioticA, drugs that combines prebiotics and probiotics («Linex», «Bifiform»).
Special attention in the treatment of staphylococcal infections is given to bacteriophages. These medicinal products contribute to the lysis of bacterial cells. Staphylococcal bacteriophage is effective on strains of Staphylococcus, can be used both topically and orally.
Anaerobic bacteria in the nose is assigned to irrigation by the drug of the nasal cavity, the introduction of turundae, soaked in the solution.
Important! Drugs antimicrobial group and bacteriophages are not interchangeable. The choice in favor of a particular pharmaceutical product makes a doctor, because sometimes, without antibiotics it is impossible to achieve positive dynamics.
To influence the toxicity of the body you can also use unconventional methods of treatment. But it’s worth noting that as a self-therapy traditional medicine it need not be considered.
By entering in the daily diet drink plenty of infusions of fortified herbs (cranberry, rosehip, raspberry), accelerates the healing process and strengthens the immune system.
To accelerate the process of destruction, neutralization and elimination of toxins from the body, it is recommended to take a decoction of cranberry, or bear berries, which have diuretic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect.
Timely treatment to the doctor will help to avoid serious consequences and further progression of streptococci in the nose. The symptoms and treatment of this infectious disease does not imply self-diagnosis and action without qualified medical assistance.