Stuffy nose, and headache: there is no fever than to cure
How to treat stuffy nose and headache?
If nasal congestion is joined by the migraines, a feeling of heaviness in the nose, producing aconselho secret, that the symptoms indicated inflammation of the paranasal sinuses bacterial, or allergic etiology.
The number of appeals for medical assistance increased during the autumn-winter period, when the peak of respiratory diseases. Running a form of a cold or flu is manifested by sinusitis, sinusitis, when you have constantly headache and stuffy nose. If you find identical signs is reason to seek medical attention.
Reasons for stuffy nose and headache
To determine the nature of the disease the doctor may at the General survey. For an accurate localization of the inflammation conducted a study of the internal structure of ENT-organs (x-ray), magnetic resonance or computed tomography of the paranasal sinuses.
The root causes blockages of the drainage holes, headache is the loss of one of the sinuses of the organ of smell:
- maxillary (maxillary) sinus is manifested by sinusitis;
- frontal – a frontal sinusitis;
- okolonosovyh – sinusitis.
The revitalization of pathogens depresses the immune system. To enhance, restore protective functions the body needs rest. Attempts to transfer viral-respiratory disease on the feet to cause a serious disruption of the functioning of ENT organs.
The first signs of disease is feeling of fullness in the forehead, sluggish the process of allocating aconselho secret in which the classical methods of treatment ineffective.
The defeat of the maxillary sinus indicates inflammation of the conjunctiva, decreased sense of smell, lack of physical energy, weakness, occasional pain in the head and neck.
The contributing factors of sinusitis supports the localization of tumors (polyps) in the paranasal sinuses and the nose. In the period of the chronic stage they occur without fever, however, provoke cough, disorders of the respiratory process.
Important! Of inactivity when sinusitis entail serious consequences in the form of abscess of the brain, visual casings.
Launched the acute form of disease often becomes chronic, which complicates therapy, a migraine becomes intense.
To differentiate rhinitis from sinusitis just. The previous condition of inflammation of the inner lining of the sinuses is a lesion of soft tissue of an infectious or bacterial agents. On the background pathology observed swelling of the mucous membrane, obstruction of the paranasal sinuses, violation of their ventilation.
Produced by fluid in the sinuses can not find another way of deducing how lesbivideo through the channel.
A violation of the functioning of the upper body manifests the systematic headache at natural body temperature, which can disturb the patient for several days. Pain increases during coughing, sneezing, when tilting the head stuffy nose.
The clinical picture in sinusitis is complemented by epistaxis (the nosebleed). Due to poor excretion of secretions in the nasal cavity crusts are formed, the integrity of which is disrupted when exposed to them.
Catalysts of inflammation of the maxillary sinuses acts goes untreated rhinitis, diseases of the oral cavity, scarlet fever. During deformation of nasal sinus pain in forehead and stuffy nose. Intense headaches stronger during tilt of the head, tapping of the frontal lobe.
The pathology indicated by the following factors manifestations:
- the lack of physical strength, drowsiness;
- loss of smell;
- the exudate is yellow or green-amber color.
Delayed treatment increases the risk of developing diseases neuroinfections character — meningitis, meningoencephalitis. Side effects include destruction of the structure of the walls of the sinuses, not destructive pathological changes in the orbit, inflammation of the bones of the upper jaw.
The disease mainly diagnosed in children and young people. For the disease characterized by inflammation, redness of the skin of the olfactory organ.The child has a headache and stuffy nose, discomfort in the neck aggravated by palpation.
On the background of pathological process temperature rises, disturbed drainage function of the nose, in rare cases, a cough.
Migraines and nasal congestion may occur in allergic rhinitis. The body’s response to the allergen is manifested by the following symptoms:
- skin rashes;
- the redness of the eyelids, lacrimation;
- swelling of the nose;
- the separation of liquid transparent secretion.
In the course of the disease there is no fever, but discomfort non-productive cough.
Nuance! To determine the hypersensitivity of the body to the antigen in the competence of the allergist.
Bouts of of seasonal allergies are worse during the flowering period (spring-summer). Powerful antigens include dust, wool of domestic Pets, household chemicals, spores, flowers, inhalation of hot or cold steam, high thermal performance.
Medical practice proves, nasal congestion and headache is the first sign of serious pathological disorders of the nasal mucosa exposed to infectious agents or external factors.
Conservative treatment of nasal congestion and migraine
When choosing a therapeutic method, the physician is guided by the nature and intensity of pain, localization of inflammation. Treatment of pathological changes in the background which is constantly blocked nose and a headache, takes place in an outpatient setting.
In chronic and complications the patient is assigned to a stationary mode.
The treatment regimen is selected individually for each clinical case, but mainly it includes the following medications:
- vasoconstrictor drugs. Depending on the active substance, the composition represented by phenylephrine, Oxymetazoline, Xylometazoline and naphazoline. When exposed to mucous membranes, a decrease in swelling, normalization of lymph flow, recovery of breathing. Prolonged uncontrolled use of possible systemic effects, so the duration of the course average is limited to 3-5 days. Therapeutic efficacy proved «Rinofluimutsil», «Vibrocil», «Nasik», «Nazol»;
- antibacterial drugs in diseases of infectious etiology. Widespread in ENT practice received antibacterial drugs «Augmentin», «Amoxicillin» and «Doxycycline». Pharmaceutical products have a broad spectrum of action, are active against gram-positive and gram-negative strains. The use of antibiotic contributes to inhibition of the synthesis of pathogenic microorganisms.
Important! Before prescribing medication, it is advisable to determine the sensitivity of the pathogenic agents to base materials.
- immunostimulatory products («Sinuforte», «Sinupret Forte», «Cold», «Izofra»). Drugs have a secretolytic action, anti-inflammatory and sekretomotornym effect, reduce swelling, normalizes the protective function of the epithelium, the drainage of nasal passages. Take after meals or 1 tablet 3x a day. At risk patients with lactose intolerance, fructose. Be wary appoint patients with gastritis and functional dyspepsia.
Binding is rinsing the nasal passages. To clear the channels of the cavities and particles is possible by using a saline solution or special products based on isotonic seawater, for example «Akvamaris», «Dr. theis», «These», «Marimer».
The procedure is recommended before starting a therapeutic action, at least 3 times a day.
Part of a comprehensive treatment includes drinking of antipyretic drugs at low-grade elevation of more than 38°C.
To restore microflora, production of mechanical energy the doctor prescribes vitamin complex. They have antioxidant and immunomodulatory effects, promotes active regeneration of soft tissues, accelerating the healing process.
For reduction of terms of treatment, easing the painful symptoms conservative method is supplemented with safe physiotherapy. They are effective in chronic diseases of the nose, in the period of rehabilitation after surgery.
The impact on the local areas provide the following methods:
- UHF. Electromagnetic field of high frequency by means of a special drug to penetrate into the tissue. The mechanism of therapeutic action is manifested in heat and oscillatory effects (modification of biological structures of cells).
Nuance! The number of physiotherapy varies from 5 to 8, but not more than 12.
- paraffin baths. Under the action of the heated paraffin wax increases blood flow, metabolism of the soft tissues. Exposure to heat has an anti-inflammatory effect, stimulates regenerative processes;
- electrophoresis. Local therapeutic result is achieved by injecting medicines in the mucous using a constant electric current. The advantage of this method is the ability to influence the foci of pathology, without affecting the digestive tract, painless session, no side effects and allergic reactions.
At home physicians prescribed inhalation drugs, aroma treatments are offered, eucalyptus or essential oil.
Mechanical effects on the sinuses
What if a stuffy nose and a headache, and methods of conservative therapy had no positive dynamics? Then the doctor is inclined to surgical treatment.
The indications for operation is the development of secondary complications, localization of infection beyond the sinus the formation of polyps.
The goal of surgical intervention – exemption of paranasal sinuses, restore natural breathing through the nose.
To achieve a positive result is possible in 3 ways:
- puncture. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia.Accumulated exudate is sucked with a syringe through a puncture of nasal sinus, the special Carter rinsed the channels;
For reference! In violation of the integrity of the nasal mucosa by mechanical action, during the period of rehabilitation to reduce the risk of development of inflammatory process, the doctor appoints reception of bacterial preparations, the rate of up to 14 days.
- endoscopic operation. The essence of manipulation is to remove blockers, polyps, parts of tissues or bones, which impede the normal breathing process. As a preventive measure the patient is within six months uses nasal preparations, a composition which contains steroids;
- surgery. Involves opening the sinus through the mouth with further rehabilitation. Conducted in clinical cases where the first two methods are difficult or did not bring positive effect.
Cause nasal congestion, migraines are inflammation of the maxillary, frontal or maxillary sinuses, less frequently allergic rhinitis.
With timely diagnosis and proper treatment of diseases amenable to conservative influence. When running chronic form of disease, doctors turn to surgery.