Stuffy nose for allergies: the treatment and what to do
What to do if a stuffy nose and allergies?
The human body is daily confronted with the different stimuli and aggravating factors. Due to active negative effects on the body, most people have difficulty breathing and inflammation in the upper respiratory paths of the apparatus. While most patients complain of nasal congestion. It can occur due to various reasons, but mainly the congestion caused due to colds or viral inflammation.
If the immune system of the patient has not coped with inflammation, the patient is diagnosed with allergic reaction. In this case, it is important to get prompt treatment, as the vast majority of these processes ends in allergic rhinitis or sinusitis. Treatment of allergic nasal congestion should be assigned to an experienced doctor, as improper treatment of the patient waiting for the dangerous consequences.
Why stuffy nose
An allergic reaction can manifest as itching, sneezing, coughing, rhinitis or other pathological way. Some patients have very itchy eyes or there is a fear of light, and lacrimation. Therefore, treatment in each case is chosen according to individual characteristics and after conducting a detailed inspection.
In each case, the patient has acute symptoms that cannot be ignored. Most often, patients complain of the following symptoms:
- reflex cough;
- frequent sneezing;
- congestion in the nasal passages;
- swelling of the mucous membrane of the cavity;
- swelling of the cheeks;
- swelling of the eyelids, inflammation of the eye;
- severe itching of the skin in the area of the nasal cavity;
- headaches and even migraines.
But as the causative agent of the inflammation is in the nasal cavity, each patient noted nasal congestion. To get rid of this disease, you need to find out the cause of the inflammation. Irritant, penetrating the channels of the nose, causes acute symptoms. Further, the patient may receive a chronic inflammation that greatly reduces the quality of life.
The main factors of the formation of inflammation include pharmaceutical drugs, pollen, fur, mites, dust, products for home cleaning, some food products and cosmetics.
Regardless of the type of stimulus, to identify an allergic reaction is possible at the first symptoms. At this time, each patient stuffy nose, and sneezing appears. Inflammation is accompanied by an abundance of mucous secretions and pain in the nose due to the constant bismarckiana.
When the penetration of the allergen into the nasal cavity, the patient triggers the immune system. If it can not cope with inflammation, the patient manifested all the characteristics. It is important to get treatment for nasal Allergy at this stage, since the patient manifested the chronic types of inflammations in the upper respiratory tract.
What to do if a stuffy nose and allergies
Treatment of allergic reactions and nasal congestion must be received immediately.
If the inflammation is ignored, the patient can absorb the allergen.
In this process, one should expect the development of bronchospasm or angioedema.
In addition, in the absence of treatment, the patient may develop a viral or bacterial inflammation. This complication can lead to dangerous pathological processes.
Treatment of nasal congestion due to allergies must include a comprehensive therapy aimed at improving well-being and the destruction of an allergic reaction. However, first and foremost, you must eliminate the irritant and to try to continue with him not to contact.
How to eliminate the allergen
So the stimulus did not cause a relapse of inflammation should be wet cleaning, not to forget about the ventilation of the living room and use only hypoallergenic detergents and cleaning products.
This procedure will reduce the concentration of the precipitating element and to improve the breathing of the patient. In addition, it is important to follow the diet and eliminating allergenic foods.
Remember that allergens often focus on carpets, pillows, soft toys and books. Try not to keep in the living room these items.
In addition to medical treatment, the patient needs to support the immune system.
However, if an allergic reaction occurs periodically, the doctor can prescribe a desensitization.
The method lies in the fact that the patient is administered the allergen in small quantities.
It is important to carry out this procedure in a period of remission.
After surgery, the patient adapts and adjusts to new conditions. Followed by a complete recovery.
The standard treatment
If allergic reaction appeared for the first time, the patient is prescribed the medication.
Many patients after minor improvement, stop treatment. This attitude to their health is unacceptable. It is important to bring the therapy to finish and not break the rules of of medication. Also, remember that in addition to relapse, the patient can form immunity to drugs and the doctor will replace them with more powerful.
In the standard course of treatment includes:
- Nasal medicines for the relief of the reactions and reduce symptoms of inflammation. It is best to apply «Allergodil», «Glycine, Allergy». Before applying it is recommended to wash the nose specialized solutions «Aqualor»,» Dolphin»,» Humer», «Marimer».
- After this, reduce the severity of edema in the mucosa of the cavity and to reduce mucus. To do this, the doctor prescribes a combination of drugs – «Vibrocil», «Sanorin». They are needed in allergic rhinitis and severe nasal congestion.
- Before applying you should consult with your doctor, as treatment in children is prohibited.
- To impact on the blood vessels and reducing swelling the doctor prescribes «Ksilo mephala», «Snoop», «Taufon», «Nazivin», «Nazol». They reduce itching, burning, sneezing and other symptoms in allergic reactions.
- In the course of treatment include hormonal medications. They are necessary for complications of allergic reactions and to provide anti-inflammatory action. You can use the following medicines «to lower blood pressure mother», «Natural», «Nasonex», «Nasobek», «almost four years».
- In case of severe signs of an allergic reaction to the patient prescribe medicines in pill form. To do this, the doctor prescribes antihistamine drug «claritin», «Aerius», «Levocabastine», «Effective» , «Telfast», «loratadine», «Xyzal», «Fenistil».
- If inflammation occurs with complications, the doctor prescribes drugs quick action «Ketotifen», «Cromolyn», «Intal».
In critical situations, the specialist prescribes hormonal medications that can reduce signs of inflammation in several stages. In this case, the course of treatment is prescribed only by the attending physician, as such medications can cause serious side effects.
Long-term treatment of hormonal remedies, the patient may manifest addictive and disruption of internal organs.
To get rid of allergic reactions is difficult, but possible. For all forms of poor health or signs of inflammation should seek the advice of a physician.
When treatment is necessary to adhere to the dosage, since the violation of regulations may result in overdose or side effects.