Stuffy nose lying down at night: why are lays and what to do
Why stuffy nose lying down?
Nasal congestion is an unpleasant physiological state, which leads to malfunction of organs and systems. Shortness of breath is the main cause of headaches, weakness, interferes with the natural enrichment of oxygen.
The factor why stuffy nose, in the supine position, should identify the expert. The manifestation of symptoms in the absence of runny nose, colds causes concern, because it indicates pathological changes. Without medical participation, the violation of the drainage function can lead to serious complications.
The reasons for which horizontal stuffy nose
The aggressive external stimuli and pathogenic strains provokes the excess blood flow to the nose, swelling of the paranasal sinuses. In most clinical pictures edema of the mucosa accompanied by inflammatory process.
The patient complains of a violation of the natural process of breathing through the nose, discomfort and a burning sensation in sinuses, irritability, heaviness in the Central part of the forehead.
When a person takes a horizontal position, increases the pressure on the capillary mesh, the result is volumetric filling with blood of the nasal mucosa. Amid the disorders of transcapillary exchange of plasma fluid fills the extracellular space, which causes the development of edema of the nasopharynx.
If changes occur without producing aconselho secretions (mucus) and stuffy nose lying down at night, the cause of failure of the drainage function are the following factors:
- infection of the upper respiratory tract disease-causing agents. The activation of the vital activity of viruses and bacteria occur morphological changes of soft tissues. Protective reaction of the organism to stimuli is manifested by inflammation and edema of the mucosa, respiratory failure. The related symptoms include pain in the neck and nape, fatigue, sneezing, coughing, scratchiness, hoarseness, in the pathology of bacterial etiology – develop of nasal mucus yellow-green color with impurities of the fluid;
For reference! The overabundance in the diet of preservatives and sugar can provoke the respiratory disorder.
- acute infectious respiratory viral disease. During the incubation period there is a reduced activity of the single-celled. Therefore, the first 2-3 days of the defeat of an organism by viruses only indicates congestion;
- pregnancy. From the moment of conception the fetus is changing the hormonal levels, increases production of female hormones (estrogen and progesterone), under the influence of which the accumulation of mucous secretion in the intercellular space that leads to swelling of soft tissues, blockage of the nasal passages;
- adenoid vegetation. Abnormal increase in the pharyngeal tonsils cause obstruction of nasal breathing, give pain in the ear. Growths of lymphoid tissue is widespread in Pediatrics, among age groups from 3 to 7 years. Anatomical defects arise against infections of the nasopharynx or transmitted genetic way. Cause breathing difficulties in the supine position may localization of benign neoplasms — polyps;
- allergic reactions. Hypersensitivity to certain stimuli is manifested by nasal congestion, watery eyes, itching and redness of skin, headache. When exposed to antigens produces antibody production, the concentration of which leads to the release into the blood of vasodilator substances. Nose breathing in horizontal position due to the presence of dust mites in bed linen or clothing, fur of Pets, high temperature in the room;
- change the configuration of the nasal septum. Reasons of anatomical deformations are physiological characteristics, injuries, bone fractures, hypertrophy of nasal turbinate. The patient complains of a feeling of dryness in nose, difficulty breathing, snoring, itching, flow of blood from the paranasal sinuses. Without medical involvement increases the risk of cardiovascular pathologies, chronic inflammations of ENT organs, changes in the composition of lymph;
- getting a foreign object in the nose. The localization of organic elements (e.g., beans) under the action of mucous secretion is swelling, the result of the nasal passages overlap, the child becomes difficult to breathe. The danger of small parts is in the possibility to get into the bronchi.
Fact! The natural functioning of upper body in adults and children is harmful, dry air, bad ecology, haphazard treatment vasoconstrictor drugs.
The consequences of nasal congestion in allergic reactions is limited by fatigue and lack of restful sleep. Pathological changes caused by viruses and bacteria can lead to the development of sinusitis, otitis, meningitis.
What to do if lying stuffy nose
Before taking therapeutic measures necessary to determine the etiology of the disease in the competence of the audiologist, allergist, therapist. To confirm or refute the diagnosis of allergic rhinitis with the help of sampling of biological material from the nasopharynx.
The results allow to identify the nature of inflammation, stage of development and the susceptibility of pathogenic microorganisms.
Hygiene of the upper respiratory tract
Even at home allows you to get rid of dust, germs, relieve swelling, increase the absorption of medicinal products. The procedure has no contraindications.
Pharmacies pharmaceutical product range includes a wide variety: «Akvamaris», «Dolfino», «Phrase», «QuickCam». All the products contain a solution of sodium chloride, complex of useful minerals (magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium).
Nasal sprays contribute to the hydration of the mucosa, mild inflammation, reduce swelling.
For reference! Alternative drugs is moisturizing saline solution of 500 ml of water and 10-15 g of salt.
Nasal vasoconstrictor drops
Drug treatment of inflammation of the paranasal sinuses begins with the local application of vasoconstrictor drugs. Through exposure to alpha-adrenergic receptors, they contribute to the normalization of breathing through the nose, reduction of hyperemia and edema of the mucosa.
Prescribed doses are practically not absorbed into the bloodstream, are active in 5-10 minutes after instillation. The therapeutic effect lasts from 6 to 12 hours.
Not recommended in patients with a history of cardiovascular disease, tachycardia, glaucoma, hypertension. Widespread in the treatment of rhinitis of different etiologies received «Glycine», «Otrivin», «Rinorus», «Galazolin».
When a child lays the nose, it develops swelling, sneezing, without increase in subfebrile figures, the reason for the irritation antigens. For blocking histamine H1-receptors prescribe anti-Allergy drugs – «Cethrin», «Zodak», «Zyrtec», «claritin».
The medication is aimed at reducing the intensity of symptoms of allergic rhinitis, the prevention of development. Pharmaceutical products have anti-inflammatory, antiexudative activity.
Are sedately, the therapeutic effect persists up to 24 hours. Testimony to the appointment serves seasonal and year-round rhinitis. Medicines not included in drug scheme pregnant, children under the age of 3 years, with hypersensitivity of the organism to individual components.
Antiviral drops in the nose
If the cause of nasal congestion in the prone position is the infection of the organism with disease-causing agents, it is advisable to use topically antiviral drugs – «Grippferon», «Viferon gel», «Laferon Nasal».
The main component in the composition is represented by interferon or polypeptide, which are characterized by immunomodulatory effect. Effect on viral infection in the incubation period (the first 2-3 days of the beginning of the inflammatory process) allows to prevent further development of respiratory diseases.
Methods of physical coercion
Treatment of neurogenic or allergic rhinitis practiced and sverhsekretnye ultrashort electromagnetic waves, ultrasound, electrophoresis. Effects on the body phenomena of natural origin ensures the safety and therapeutic effectiveness.
These manipulations provide deep penetration of the medication into the tissue, the restoration of microcirculation of lymph, improving immune protection, the outflow of mucous secretion. After a course of procedures (from 5 to 12) patients reported to relieve pain, restore breathing through the nose, reducing swelling and congestion of upper body.
Nuance! Physiotherapy is not an independent method of treatment of nasal congestion, and complements the comprehensive scheme.
Effectiveness in the treatment of inflammation of the inner lining of the nose showed inhalation. Spraying of medicines makes it easier to achieve the active components of the lesion, to increase their absorption.
In combating nasal congestion, which is manifested in the supine position, it is important to select effective methods for a particular case. In the preparation of medical scheme doctor appeals to the physiological characteristics of the patient, etiology and course of the disease.
To normalize the regulation of vascular using herbal medicine is impossible. The effectiveness of plant components is to strengthen the immune system, soft tissue regeneration, restoration of the microflora.
At home recommended to bury the nasal passages with juice of fresh or boiled beet. Liquid product is diluted with water in equal proportions. The sinus is irrigated within 7-10 days.
Important! A prerequisite in the fight against nasal congestion is the maintenance of optimum humidity in the room.
If no temperature is allowed to conduct inhalation with saline.
An alternative procedure is inhalation of the vapor of medicinal decoction of chamomile, peppermint, calendula.
Inflammation relieves aloe, Kalanchoe.
It buried alternately in each nostril until complete recovery.
Herbal products can trigger an allergic reaction. Therefore, to begin treatment with traditional methods is advisable, after consultation with the doctor, especially pregnant and lactating women.
Disturbed nasal breathing in the horizontal position at anatomical changes of the mucosa, bacterial and infectious lesions of the respiratory tract, through contact with antigens.
The manifestation of symptoms requires medical involvement. Effective treatment prevents the development of chronic, minimizing the risk of complications – sinusitis, otitis media, sinusitis.