Swelling of the mucous membrane of the nose without runny nose: causes and treatment of sinus
How to treat swelling of the nose?
Swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasal cavity in most cases is accompanied by secretory secretions. However, sometimes the nose provides no runny nose. You experience sleep disturbances, breathing problems, sense of nose foreign body.
Drainage is a serious problem that cannot be solved without consultation with a specialist is impossible. Oxygen starvation caused by breathing problems that can lead to many structural disturbances in the body, particularly to tissue hypoxia.
Causes of swelling of the nose without a cold
As a result of vessels occurs redness and swelling of the mucosal surface of the nasal cavity. This reaction is accompanied by the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms in the nose. But the swelling sometimes occurs and for other reasons.
Among the main factors contributing to the emergence of edema of the nose with no discharge note:
- Dry air. High dry spaces may cause discomfort inhalation of air, a small stuffy nose without a cold. Hygienic standards demand a certain level of humidity, which should match the room. The optimal rate from 40 to 65%. An invalid value is less than 20%. During the period of heating in most apartments the percentage of humidity does not exceed 15%. Adverse conditions are the main reason for frequent viral illnesses. They especially vulnerable young children, whose immune system has not yet formed and can not cope with the negative factors.
- A wrong diet. Excessive intake of sugars from food causes swelling of the nose. Putting off in the body, sugar disrupt hormonal background, which adversely affects the ciliated epithelium and blood supply.
- Pregnancy. Edema causes hormonal changes. Due to the prevalence in the blood of progesterone, the muscle tissue of the mucous membranes and the integuments are in a state of relaxation. The vessels dilate, blood volume increases significantly.
- Injury. Tissue damage can cause severe swelling. Fracture, cracked, damaged, and walls – all this can provoke unpleasant effects: difficulty breathing completely becomes impossible mucous integuments become red, a bleeding, epithelium face turning blue.
- Allergic reactions. The main symptoms are: sneezing, swelling of the nasal cavity, watery eyes, itching and rash. Very rarely is accompanied by nasal mucus.
Read also how to provide first aid for injury, trauma and epistaxis.
What diseases are accompanied by swelling of the nose without a cold?
Swelling of the nose in the nose without discharge may indicate the development of the following pathologies:
- The initial stage of the disease. Respiratory infections often begin with nasal congestion. This phenomenon is typical in insufficient activity of pathogenic organisms or too weak immunity.
- Drug-induced rhinitis. Inappropriate use of vasoconstrictor drugs suffers from the mucous membrane of the nose. Frequent use of drops causes the blood vessels cease to narrow, swelling and redness does not disappear. Man can not live without drugs breathing. However, over time even a drop stop to help. This requires urgent consultation with a specialist.
- Nasopharyngitis. Rear rhinitis is more common in children. Initially, the child sneezes, then stops to breathe through the nose due to its stuffiness. Mucous secretions thus not, but during respiration characteristic is clearly audible snort. A similar condition called nasopharyngitis. It is characterized by inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nasal cavity with a flow of mucus inside. An additional symptom of the disease – red throat. Often the disease is accompanied by pneumonia or bronchitis.
- The enlargement of adenoids. Swelling of the mucous membrane of the nose without runny nose can be caused by enlarged tonsils. For adenoids characteristic symptoms are poor hearing and shortness of breath. Mucus in the pathology very rarely produced. Adenoiditis is often diagnosed in children.
- Tumors in the nasal cavity. Polyps can cause problems with breathing. They are benign growths that arise from proliferation of the mucous membrane. If the tumor is large, it blocks the access to oxygen. Long breath need to consult a specialist. Polyps using equipment easily diagnosed. After removal of the tumor is sent for histological examination.
Breathing problems may indicate the development of a malignant tumor in the nasal cavity, so in the event of such symptom, you need to consult a doctor.
Treatment can be appointed only after identifying the causes of edema of the nose without a cold. The main types of therapy:
- In cases of suspected infectious disease specialists to prescribe a vasoconstrictive and antibacterial drops. To cleanse nasal passages – funds on the basis of sea water. Can also be used corticosteroids.
- Adenoids of the first and second degree the nasal cavity should be washed with salt solutions and to conduct inhalation. It is permissible to apply vasoconstrictor drops and medications containing silver ions. In the third and fourth degree professionals insist on surgery.
- During pregnancy, experts advise not to use medication to eliminate nasal congestion. Acceptable use of saline solutions. Thanks to its composition they gently relieve swelling. With a very strong edema, when the respiratory function is disturbed completely, doctors prescribe vasoconstrictors. Their application is unacceptable.
- Nasopharyngitis is treated with corticosteroid and saline solutions.
- Nasopharyngitis can be eliminated by using immunomodulators, anti-inflammatory drugs, vasoconstrictor drops, antimicrobial agents, based on the Amoxicillin.
- Injuries of the nose is necessary to consult with the surgeon. Often requires bandaging and tampons for a while.
Important! People with naftizina dependence is strongly prohibited to use decongestants.
Treatment of swelling of the sinuses without a cold can be accomplished by using non-traditional means. However, such actions are permissible only after consultation with your doctor.
Efficiency in this case are different:
- Inhalation with chamomile or calendula. A few teaspoons of herbs pour boiling water and infuse. To filter the decoction and to wash their nasal passages.
- Saline and beet juice mixed in equal proportions. During the day three times need to bury the tool in the nose.
- Vegetable oil and onion juice mixed in equal quantities. Drip the part to three times a day.
- TUI oil is a natural antiseptic. It helps to cope with adenoids, prevents polyps, restores the mucous membrane, stimulates the immune system. After cleansing the nasal cavity with saline is instilled into each nostril two drops of oil.
- Dry heat. Cleans well swelling heat sinus boiled egg, salt, blue lamp. A day to warm the nose once.
To reduce nasal congestion, you need to sleep in a cool well ventilated area.
As a Supplement to the main therapeutic methods professionals prescribe physiotherapy:
- Inhalation. When vasomotor rhinitis atomized medication is inhaled through the nose. This allows you to speed up the process of drug absorption mucosa.
- Ultraviolet exposure. Therapy lasts 2-6 days. The period of exposure on the nasal passages is calculated individually. Most often, the range is 0.5-2 minutes.
- Ultrasonic therapy. Duration of procedures is 5-8 days, often before lunch. The method is based on the improvement of microcirculation, decrease inflammation, accelerate tissue regeneration.
- The laser treatment. The course lasts 7-11 days. Carry out the procedure need only in the morning. In combination with laseropuncture gives a significant result.
Treatment of edema of the nose in children of early age
Swelling in the nose without runny nose in a child can occur for various reasons. Therapy is carried out only after a doctor’s visit.
Depending on the causes of the pathological condition, appropriate action is taken:
- Dry air. If edema is caused by low humidity, it is recommended using a humidifier to raise it.
- Foreign body. Often in young children, nasal congestion occurs after ingress of a foreign body. If you suspect this, you need to immediately consult a doctor.
To treat edema in children need with products based on natural ingredients. It is best to rinse the nasal cavity with solutions containing salt. The products based on it to hydrate the mucosa and remove congestion, cleanse the sinuses. Also good result to show herbal teas and medicines with herbs, homeopathic remedies.
To treat nasal congestion is not recommended. To choose the right medicines only after determining the cause of a pathological condition. Access to a doctor is needed in this case.