Swelling of the nose and throat: symptoms and treatment how to remove a cold
How to remove swelling in the nasopharynx?
The nasopharynx is considered to be a barrier against a variety of bacteria, viruses, dust particles. When infected by human pathogenic microorganisms, it first signals a pathology and starts fighting with her. So there is swelling of the nasopharynx, which can be caused by various disorders, such as allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, rhinitis and other diseases.
The patient may experience stuffy nose, dry mucosa, burning, scratchy nose and throat. Therapy swelling of the nasopharynx should be directed to eliminate the factor due to which it arose, therefore, if you notice the first symptoms of this disease need to see a specialist.
The causes of edema of the nasopharynx
The nasopharynx is a conductor of oxygen in the body. In contact with pathogens on the surface of the mucosa blood circulation it increases, blood vessels dilate, swelling occurs in the nasopharynx.
The main causes of this pathology are:
- diseases of a catarrhal nature, caused by various viruses and bacteria;
- allergic reactions to dander, pollen, household chemicals, medicines, cosmetics, perfumes, etc.;
- the chronic phase of disease (tonsillitis, adenoiditis, rhinitis);
- hormonal disorders in the body during pregnancy, in diseases of the thyroid gland, etc.;
- too dry air in a residential building;
- malignant or benign tumors in the nose;
- abrupt climate change;
- regular consumption of alcohol beverages;
- vegetovascular dystonia;
- overheating or overcooling;
- getting into the nasal cavity of foreign matter.
Also factors in the development of this disease can be due to lowered immune system, diabetes, working in hazardous industries, congenital or acquired curvature of the nasal septum and other anatomical features of the nasal cavity.
Signs of swelling of the nasopharynx
The main symptom of this disease is congestion of the nasal cavity. Other manifestations of edema in the nasopharynx depends on the reason for their appearance.
Allergic swelling is accompanied by the following signs:
- violation of free breathing through the nose;
- frequent sneezing;
- rashes on the skin;
- the mucus from the nostrils;
- burning sensation in the throat.
Swelling appeared with injury, has the following manifestations:
- congestion of the nasal cavity with the formation of mucus and without it;
- snoring at night;
- pain in the nose and throat;
- the inability to freely breathe through the nose.
Help! When getting a foreign body in the nasal passages of the victim feels the pain and nasal congestion only from damage.
Manifestation of this disease in diseases of a catarrhal nature, caused by viruses and bacteria are as follows:
- congestion of the nasal passages;
- abundant transparent mucus, sometimes with pus;
- the appearance of pain in the ears and nasopharynx;
- weakened condition and fever;
- voice changing;
- during the inspection there is swelling of the posterior wall of the nasopharynx;
- violation of smell.
When the swelling of the adenoids of the nasopharynx is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- permanent night snoring;
- much shortness of nasal breathing;
- the hearing loss;
- a constant runny nose.
This pathology can occur and mucosal secretions. This condition may occur during formation and growth of polyps, adenoids, hormonal problems, anatomical abnormalities, long use of drops with vasoconstrictor effect, dry air in the house or in the first days of a cold or flu.
Attention! If you detect any of the above symptoms should seek the advice of a specialist who will establish the correct diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Therapy edema of the nasopharynx
The symptoms and treatment of edema of the nasopharynx directly interrelated. Depending on the causes that provoked the swelling, treatment may be with medication, traditional medicine, physiotherapy and surgery. There are many ways of how to relieve swelling in the nasopharynx.
Swelling of the nasopharynx with cold treated with vasoconstrictor and anti-inflammatory drops for nose («Nazivin», «Sanrin», «Cold», «Rinofluimutsil»).
Tip! It is important to observe the dosage and duration of treatment of these medicines, otherwise swelling of the nasopharynx may to emerge stronger.
At this etiology of edema will help the following traditional methods:
- Ingestion of decoction of medicinal herbs (chamomile, calendula, sage). They can be purchased at the pharmacy and use in accordance with the instructions.
- Nasal lavage with a solution of salt and baking soda. For its preparation you need to mix the components, taking 1 tsp diluted in a glass of warm boiled water. The procedure be performed at least 3 times a day.
- Steam inhalations with medicinal plants (St. John’s wort, chamomile, oak bark). In the presence of a temperature impossible to hold them.
- Burying his nose in the mix from honey and onions. For its preparation you need to mix 3 teaspoons of pressed onions and 1 tsp of honey. Then the resulting mass dissolved in a Cup of boiled water and infuse 50-60 minutes. Bury need 5 drops in each nostril not more than 2 times per day. Duration should not exceed five days.
If swelling of the nasopharynx caused by an Allergy, then treatment should focus on eliminating allergens, which are detected by special tests, and on removing the symptoms of this disease. In this case, the expert shall be appointed antihistamines («Suprastin» «Helps»).
The treatment of the inflammatory process the nasopharynx, caused by bacterial infection (sinusitis, sinusitis), includes antibiotics. To alleviate symptoms, you can use a vasoconstrictor. Because they eliminate only for a while stuffy nose, use them longer than the recommended period of application.
If, during the treatment of purulent sinusitis of the patient’s condition deteriorates, the required procedure is perforation of the wall of the maxillary sinus, in which the cavity is cleared of pus, treated with antiseptics and filled with antibiotic solution.
Treatment of adenoids depends on their proliferation and severity of symptoms. In the second and third degrees, surgery is indicated. Treatment of the first degree it is possible to produce homeopathic medicines.
How to remove swelling in the nasopharynx of the baby
Treatment of edema in the nasopharynx of a child may appoint a doctor. Prescribed medicines need to be applied with observance of enclosed instructions. Many medicines are contraindicated in children.
Important! It is impossible to self-medicate. Improper therapy can exacerbate the disease and lead to serious complications.
Some traditional medicines may cause side effects in the form of allergic reactions. Therefore, to use their children is undesirable.
When the edema of the nasopharynx it is important to determine the cause and begin efficient treatment. When addressing only the symptoms of this disease may experience negative effects to the body.