Temperature after laparoscopy: causes and tips
After surgery, the increase in temperature is common. To rise it may not only after major surgery, but after a laparoscopy. In most cases, postoperative consequences do not cause special problems for the patient, no cause for concern, but there are times when you need to sound the alarm. What are the reasons can cause fever after laparoscopy?
Why the temperature rises?
Any surgical intervention in the human organism leads to serious stress, in that as temperature can increase after laparoscopy. Why, immediately after the procedure, the temperature is very high? This can be explained by the fact that the body absorbed decay products, they always appear after injury of tissue that occurs after surgery, even if it is only the puncture needle. It also reduces the fluid level in the bloodstream.
The most high will body temperature after severe abdominal operations, and the longer it went, the higher can be the temperature. Procedure laparoscopy is very fast, with minimal consequences, but the temperature can also rise. The reason for its increase may be:
- If the patient is drainage. In this case, the increase is due to the reaction of the immune system, and normalizes, when we cleaned the drain tube. If necessary, the doctor recommends antipyretic drugs.
- Acute respiratory, viral and other infections. After the surgery, including laparoscopy, the immune system is weakened, and it is easily infected with infectious diseases. The patient in this case can appear and other symptoms characteristic of this disease.
- The development of sepsis and the inflammatory process within the body. If this is the case, then there is a sharp increase in 2-3 days after surgery, with the development of inflammation. As a therapy the doctor prescribes antibiotics and once the inflammation subside, the symptoms will subside. You may need a more thorough treatment of wounds, although they are following similar procedures is not very large, but still there.
You need to remember that self-medication can lead to irreparable consequences, so it is better about all your symptoms to tell the doctor. He will find the cause of this condition, will prescribe the right treatment.
Most often, when performed laparoscopy, the temperature does not rise or rises to subfebrile. Normal very quickly and does not cause much discomfort to the patient.
Should I reduce the temperature?
Despite the fact that laparoscopy is considered to be one of the most benign operations, it also leads to serious complications, because the blood when the piercing penetrates the skin, and this can cause inflammation and other symptoms. If it increased after the treatment and no other symptoms, then it is reduced independently in a few days. If there was pain, to delay trip to the doctor is not necessary, these symptoms may signal a serious pathology requiring urgent attention and prescriptions.
In the postoperative period, the patient remained several days under a doctor’s care, and he monitors the status of, and prior to discharge, conducting the necessary research and will not be discharged with a high temperature. But also after discharge, there are cases raising that can provoke different factors, they should be aware doctor.
Postoperative complications and a high temperature
Despite the fact that the operation with the needle the Veress is considered to be an easy operation, as may cause complications that lead to serious consequences, a symptom may be a high temperature. Possible complications:
- Subcutaneous eczema. During piercing by the needle Veress, namely it is used in this procedure in the abdominal cavity gets carbon dioxide, is the swelling of subcutaneous fat, this complication most often proceeds independently, the temperature should be normal, although a slight increase is acceptable.
- Damage to internal organs. The operation is carried out blind and there is a risk that may be damaged an internal organ, it bleeds, forms a hematoma and as a result, unpleasant symptoms similar to an infection.
- A thrombosis. The formation of blood clots affected mostly elderly patients. To prevent such complications, patients after surgery prescribe special drugs, blood thinners.
- Suppuration and bleeding from the wound. This complication causes a sharp increase in temperature. To prevent sepsis, an urgent need to treat the wound.
Each person has individual peculiarities of the organism and on any procedure he is able to respond in their own way. If any unpleasant manifestations should immediately consult a doctor. Only he can properly diagnose and find the cause of these manifestations, and appropriate therapy will remove them without consequences.