Than dried snot from a baby
Than dried snot from a baby?
Liquid snot from the baby – a common phenomenon caused by thermal changes, unfavorable environmental conditions and climate, infectious diseases and weakened immune systems.
Exactly answer how to treat a cold, the pediatrician, watching a little patient. Therapeutic scheme depends on individual characteristics, age, etiology of the disorders. We just define effective pharmaceutical medicines and recipes alternative medicine that will help dry the mucous.
What is the watery snot and the mechanism of their formation
The internal nasal surface is lined with a sensitive membrane that the actions of exogenous and endogenous stimuli-responsive abundant production aconselho secret.
The concentration of mucoprotein in the composition of fluids responsible for the chemical properties of mucus, inhibits the activity of pathogenic microorganisms. In medicine for rare snot from the nose is designated by the term «rhinorrhea».
The formation of transparent secretions from the sinuses is preceded by three groups of factors:
- infectious: ear infections, viruses, and bacteria-borne pathogenic and aerogenic method, fungal infections, gingivitis, tooth decay;
- non-infectious atrophy of the mucous membranes, haphazard use of vasoconstrictor drops, the anatomy of the nose, extreme temperatures, teething;
- allergic contact irritant, the accumulation of substances that provoke an unusual reaction, receiving the wrong medication, the presence of an antigen in the environment.
Depending on the nature of rinorei the General condition of the kid worsens watery eyes, sneezing, nasal congestion, redness of the eyes and skin.
Viral lose a child is experiencing headaches, weakness, nausea, increased body temperature, reduced quality of breathing.
For reference! Physiological rhinitis in infants up to the age of three, associated with underdevelopment of the nasal passages, does not require medical treatment.
To achieve positive dynamics, it is important to identify the cause of liquid snot, and then to pharmacotherapy.
The list of drugs than dried snot from a baby
In the treatment of rinorei special role is played by antiseptic «Protargol». The current component active silver ions that exhibit anti-inflammatory and bacteriostatic action.
Influence on microflora determines the concentration of nasal fluid. 1-2% solution binds with the DNA of fungi and bacteria, preventing their reproduction. At high levels Proteinate silver, a complete destruction of infectious agents.
On the treatment site of the mucosa, the film is formed from denatured protein. Its main purpose is the protection of the ciliated epithelium from the action of pathogens. For the treatment of liquid snot in children using 1-5% solution.
Morning and evening to cleansed the nasal passages is administered by 1-2 drops of liquid. The drug is on the second day. The duration of treatment determined by the physician, but not more than 14 days.
The drug has no contraindications and side effects, except for individual intolerance of individual components. Slight itching and slight burning sensation are the norm.
For reference! Price per pack «Protargol» 10 ml. to prepare 2% solution starts at 220 rubles.
Than dried snot from a baby, except «Protargol»? In pediatric practice the following widely used counterparts antiseptic: «Collargol», «Sailor», «Sulfacetamide».
A colloidal solution has a high concentration of silver ions up to 70%, which are known for their antimicrobial properties. Stable condition and resistance of the particles of the precious metal provide their own products of alkaline hydrolysis.
Antiseptic effect applies to an extensive list of gram-positive and gram-negative strains: Streptococcus, Pseudomonas and Haemophilus coli, pneumococci, Moraxella. However, the high therapeutic potential of the drug is limited by its potential toxicity.
«Collargol» is for external and local use. In rare transparent snot in a young patient is prescribed a drug with a concentration of 1-2%. Before backfilling of liquid necessary to conduct allergotest to exclude the likelihood of side reactions.
In the abstract the average dosage for kids over 1 yr: 2-3 drops in each nostril, daily frequency 3 times, no longer than 5 days. The therapeutic effect occurs in 3 days. Shelf life after opening the bottle for 1 month.
When properly chosen concentrations of the risk of side effects is minimal.
Commercially available in verdooren condition, at a dosage of 200 mg. of silver. The package includes a glass bottle with purified water (10 ml.) for dissolving tablet. The output is a 2% solution of colloidal silver. This concentration is fixed, recommended for different age groups
Tip! Store «Sailor» with temperatures below zero 30 days.
The drug has astringent, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic action. Prescribed as hygienic procedures, for the treatment of diseases of the nasal cavity, nasopharynx, paranasal sinuses.
Under intense cold first remove mucus nasal aspirator, conduct irrigation of the nasal cavity saline or herbal solution, carefully remove any mucus sterile cotton bundles.
In each hole to introduce 1-2 drops of the action to repeat every 4 hours, but not more than 3 times a day. It is allowed simultaneous reception with other drugs.
Nasal drops are used in ophthalmology for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases of the eye. Due to low prices and high therapeutic and antiseptic action, widespread ENT practice for drying the mucosa with copious clear secretions.
The composition includes an antimicrobial bacteriostatic substance – sulfacetamide. The mechanism of action is manifested through the violation of vital activity of microorganisms, sensitive to the effects of the drug (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, chlamydia, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Escherichia coli).
20% solution used in pediatric patients since the first days of baby’s life according to the recommendations of the doctor. The dosage and duration of treatment depend on the severity and etiology of upper respiratory tract. In the period of exacerbation of the pathology appoint up to 5-6 times per day, as relief of symptoms, reduce the dosage.
Antibacterial activity has «Miramistin», «Dioxidine», «Oxolinic ointment». The drugs are active against a broad spectrum pathogenic strains. The main ingredients that reduce inflammation and hyperemia of soft tissues, neutralize the signs of rinorei, increase aeration of the paranasal sinuses.
Traditional methods of treatment
Natural ingredients in incorrect proportions can cause allergic reactions, exacerbate the pathological process. Therefore, before you carry out the therapy at home will need specialist advice.
Like dry snot from a baby folk remedies? To do this, use the following recipes, the effectiveness of which is proven by many generations:
- Warming the egg. Boiled egg, wrap cloth in a circular motion to roll the nose with the right and left sides. A good variation would be a small bag of salt, preheated in the oven, or blue light. It is strictly forbidden to influence heat at elevated body temperature and bacterial rhinitis.
- Washing out the nose with water-salt solution. In a glass of room temperature water to dissolve 1 tsp salt, 2-3 drops of iodine. The nasal passages clear from mucus or ask my child to blow his nose. Using a syringe (medical syringe) standing over the sink, gently insert the liquid alternately in each nostril. In a situation with babies suspension is instilled with a pipette 2-3 drops, after which the sinus cleaned with cotton tips.
- Inhalation. You can breathe over the steam of boiled potatoes twice a day for 5-10 minutes for the procedure. Effective at the nozzle will be a rare herbal decoction. In a pot of water (1 l), add 2 tbsp. l. dried minced raw chamomile, pine needles, sage, St. John’s wort. Bring to boil, boil over low heat for 5 minutes. To sit baby at the table, his head tilted over a bowl, cover with a towel, leaving a gap for air. To begin the event with 5 minutes, gradually increasing the duration of treatment up to a quarter of an hour.
- The juice of aloe and Kalanchoe. The leaves of plants to cooling in the freezer, wash, peel, squeeze the juice. Fluid is instilled into the nose 2-3 drops every 3 hours until complete recovery.
Nuance! When correctly carried out, nasal lavage water washes the nasal passages, freely emerges through the opposite nasal opening.
Therapy liquid snot in a child begins with establishing the root causes of their appearance. Do not rush to burden the child’s body chemical substances in the medicines.
Treatment folk methods can bring more benefit in the initial stages of the disease. However, when the doctor insists on conducting pharmacotherapy follow its recommendations.