The antibiotic with the common cold in adults: what to make with seasonal allergic rhinitis.
What antibiotics to take for a runny nose adult?
The treatment of rhinitis bacterial etiology involves antibacterial drugs. Medicines of this group the overwhelming impact on the growth and multiplication of pathogenic microflora, the appointment and therapy that should be carried out under the strict supervision of a specialist.
The mechanism of development of rhinitis depends on which antibiotics to take for a runny nose, the daily rate of the drug and duration of therapy. The presence of contraindications, antibiotics can complicate treatment of the disease, so consultation of the otolaryngologist will pick up the tool with minimal toxic effects on the body.
When justified antibiotic treatment?
Under the cold should understand a protective reaction of the organism to the penetration of the viral and bacterial agents. Virus infection does not involve the treatment of rhinitis with antibiotics, therapeutic measures will be effective subject to the activity of pathogenic bacteria. The state of immunodeficiency is the impetus to secondary bacterial rhinitis.
A fundamental factor for inclusion in the therapeutic regimen of medicines bactericidal group is lingering or chronic colds (lasting 7 days). In most cases, runny nose is completely within 4-5 days of the disease.
The antibiotic with the common cold in adults is indicated for appearance aconselho secret viscous consistency, yellow or green in color, the deterioration of the patient, the signs of intoxication and may indicate the development of:
- chronic rhinitis.
Practitioners make a choice in favor of local antibiotics, nasal drops and sprays, as it eliminates the negative impact on intestinal microflora, absorption into the systemic circulation.
Nasal preparations are able to exert a therapeutic effect directly on the hearth of the inflammatory process. With proper diagnosis and timely treatment to stop the rhinitis fails within 7 days.
For reference! Antibiotic therapy for systemic effects is possible under condition of severe disease, after appropriate examination by the ENT specialist. Intramuscular bactericidal drugs prescribed for the defeat of bacteria other organs.
Antibiotics for rhinitis
Group of microbicides is divided into two categories – bacteriostatic drugs (inhibit the reproduction of bacterial agents) and funds with a bactericidal action (the destruction of abnormal microflora).
These medications can be used for rhinitis, in children and adults. Be different can only be the daily rate of the medicinal product and duration of therapy. In turn, the antibiotics are divided into local and systemic effects.
Drugs local action
Dosage forms of these drugs drops and sprays. The main advantages are sparing effect, lack of side effects.
Pharmacological series presents:
- «PoliticaI», a combined product that combines the antibacterial, vasoconstrictive and anti-inflammatory action (due to the presence in the of steroid hormones from a subclass of the corticosteroids). Thanks to the combination of polymyxin and neomycin achieved a wide range of antibacterial action, allowing to work on most Gram (+) and gram-negative microorganisms. Therapeutic course – not more than ten days, with daily 4-6 single application;
- «Bioparox», the medicine with anti-inflammatory, bacteriostatic activity. Is implemented in the form of an aerosol for inhalation treatments, complete with additional nozzles. The active ingredient is fusafungine, in contact with the mucosa helps to reduce swelling and restore nasal breathing. Permitted for use during pregnancy and lactation, due to the minimum concentration of the active component in blood plasma. According to the manufacturer’s instructions, should not exceed the 7 th treatment, with the use of four meals in the day 2 dose of the drug;
- «Isoroy», antibiotic bactericidal action. The main component is framizetin that the local application has a pronounced therapeutic concentration in the mucosa and paranasal sinuses. Insignificant absorption of the drug, wide range of destruction of anaerobic pathogens. The recommended period of therapy not exceeding 7 days. The daily rate is 4-6 times 1 dose in each nasal passage.
For reference! The choice of antibiotic should be done by a qualified technician after determining the sensitivity of microorganisms to active substances.
Do not use antibiotic from nasal congestion for the purpose intended sympathomimetic – funds with a pronounced vasoconstrictor effect. In exceptional cases, the doctor may make a choice in favor of the combined nasal spray «Polideksa».
Antibacterial agents for systemic effects
When pathological course of diseases of the upper respiratory tract when there has been no progress after ten days of treatment, with the deterioration of the patient antibiotic treatment of systemic action.
Before therapeutic manipulation necessary to determine the type of pathogen of bacterial infection. Based on the information compiled by the therapeutic treatment on an individual basis.
Positive dynamics of the therapy is observed when included in the therapeutic scheme:
- «Sumamed», a representative macrolide antibiotics (tablets). Active ingredient azithromycin, has a high degree of penetration in the upper respiratory tract. Assigned to the short course – between 3-5 days due to the high concentration of active substance in the infectious lesion for about 7 days after the last dose of the drug. Daily dose – 1 tablet 60 minutes before food or 120 minutes after the meal. For the treatment of pediatric patients is implemented in powder to make slurry.
- «Augmentin», which has a wide therapeutic range, relative to many bacterial pathogens. While taking the drug during meals optimum concentration of the active substance (amoxicillin) in the mucosa of the digestive tract. The dosing regimen is influenced by many factors – age, weight, kidney function of the patient, the etiology and severity of the disease.
- «Amoxicillin», with the active ingredient amoxicillin trihydrate. The drug has an active effect against anaerobic bacteria, one of the most popular drugs in the treatment of upper respiratory tract. According to the instructions, the permissible daily dose – 250-500 mg. three times a day. Depending on the extent of the disease, the dosage may vary.
- «Flemoklav». Among the advantages of extensive use, the active destruction of the cells of pathological microflora. According to the regulations, the maximum period of treatment is two weeks, with a 3 a single application of 500 ml. of pharmacological product.
Important! Prohibited concurrent use of antibacterial drugs local and systemic action.
To avoid the opposite effect, an antibiotic with a strong fever long-term flow should appoint a specialist. Each drug has a list of contraindications and can affect a particular group of infectious agents.
Eliminating the option of self-medication, patients can avoid side effects and to control the infectious focus in the shortest time.