The best sprays for the common cold: a good and effective spray for adults
Which spray is better from a cold?
Inflammation of the nasal mucosa has a wide range of pathogens. The responsibility of the audiologist to identify the etiology of rhinitis and sensitivity of pathogenic strains on the basis of which to assign the most effective spray.
Matter how competently you pick up a drug further depends on the patient’s condition. The article presents a brief overview of effective suspensions, which were widely spread in ENT practice.
How to treat a runny nose?
Violation of the integrity of the internal nasal shell accompanied by swelling of the soft tissues, nasal congestion, abundant production aconselho secret. Pharmaceutical industry provides a wide variety of drugs for the treatment of sinusitis in the form of tablets, sprays, drops, ointments.
Great demand for nasal aerosols. Medicinal substance in the form of fine particles deposited on the mucosa when spraying. Dispersed irrigation allows to handle a maximum projection of the nasal cavity, affecting the internal parts of the paranasal sinuses with a slight flow of fluid.
They are simple and easy to use, no need to take a horizontal position, calculate the dosage. Modern tools combine the properties of causal and symptomatic treatment are characterized by complex activity and local action.
According to the main therapeutic use of all drugs are divided into the following groups:
Catalysts of rinsability acts and bacterial respiratory infection, allergies, benign neoplasms, adverse domestic/industrial conditions, thermal performance. So, which spray is better from a cold determines the etiology of upper respiratory tract.
Which spray from the common cold for adults to choose?
When choosing the medicine, the doctor focuses on the physiology of the patient, clinical form of manifestations and course of disease. Effective medicine for one case will be ineffective or may cause side effects in another patient.
Sympathomimetics are emergency help with nasal congestion. Decongestants act on alpha-adrenergic receptors, in a short time reduce spasms in smooth muscles, cropped symptoms of rinorea and soft tissue swelling, restore a natural nasal communication with the outside world.
For reference! When selecting aerosol is necessary to consult a doctor, as prolonged use can trigger drug-induced rhinitis.
The classification of the representatives of this group laid the duration of the main component. There are the following range of vasoconstrictor sprays:
- «Naphazoline.» Characteristic of the pharmaceutical means is reduced to high efficiency and minimal cost (30 rubles a bottle). The active substance, naphazoline, shows long-term effect (6 hours) in comparison with epinephrine. Side effects are: dizziness, tachycardia, headache. Not prescribed to children in the first year of life, patients are prone to arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, chronic rhinitis. To the list of analogues is «not effective» and «not effective».
- «Rinonorm». Sympathomimetic with the active ingredient Xylometazoline. Has a wide range of indications, can be used to restore the upper respiratory tract of different etiology, acute and chronic forms. When administered intranasally, there is a probability of absorption into the systemic circulation. Possible side effects from the CNS, cardiovascular system, respiratory system. Similar therapeutic effect has a «Glycine Ksilo», «Snoop», «Galazolin», ksimelin», «Dr. Theiss, Rinitis».
- «Nazol». The main synthetic ingredient – Oxymetazoline, is characterized by long-lasting therapeutic effect. Active vasoconstrictor and decongestant of the drug. Additional components to moisturize the mucous membranes, prevent irritation and dryness. Of the minuses – a relatively high cost for a small volume of the medicinal fluid. Has similar properties «Nazivin», «wicks Asset Sineks», «Expra». Among the entire list, compares favorably «Neslin», price per 20 ml vial in the range of 80 rubles.
Effective spray for chronic rhinitis to be found among vasoconstrictor. The best option to improve the aeration of nasal sinuses, neutralize inflammation and edema of soft tissues are rather cheap aerosol on the basis of a naphazoline – «Naphazoline»,».», «Naphazoline».
The main composition of the medicinal liquid is an isotonic solution of sea with impurities useful minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, sodium chloride, selenium, zinc. Used as a prophylactic or therapeutic purpose.
Natural ingredients positive effect on the condition of the mucous moistens the nasal epithelium, accelerates the regeneration of soft tissues increases the therapeutic efficacy of medicines. Through the stimulation of mucociliary clearance is the formation of local immunity.
Isotonic water permitted for use from the first days of baby’s life, pregnant and nursing. The composition is well tolerated by patients, practically does not cause side reactions, in the absence of hypersensitivity to the components of the body.
Duration of use depends on the shape of the progression of the disease, can assign the course to 2 months. Aerosols do not cause habituation, gentle on the inner membranes of the nose, supporting the natural moisture level.
Tip! «Sodium Chloride» on the therapeutic properties are not inferior to expensive pharmaceutical products.
When you select an effective nasal tools in this group to focus only on the price range and volume of bottle. So, the price of «Akvamaris» spray dosage 30 ml. starts from RUB 279 Average cost «Humer 150» for children 550-650 rubles, for adults – 500-600, «Marimer-Forte» nasal spray 100 ml – 371.
Over budget, but no less effective are drugs «But Sol», «These», «Aqua-Renosol», «Akvamaster», «Nazol Aqua».
A nose spray with antibiotics
Modern means exhibit bacteriostatic activity against a broad spectrum of pathogenic microorganisms. Owing to the presence composition potent components is used as a means of monotherapy or include in comprehensive treatment.
In the treatment of bacterial rhinitis or infectious origin use mainly three antimicrobials:
- «Isopro». To the action of framizetin sensitive most of the viruses and bacteria of ENT diseases. The development of resistance to the active component is practically absent. In medical practice, recorded isolated cases of systemic reactions. Limitation of acceptance of nasal drug requires pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- «Polideksa». The triple combination of polymyxin, neomycin and dexamethasone enhances the therapeutic action of the antibiotic. Quickly eliminates the symptoms of rhinitis, normalizes the condition of the patient, speeds up the process of regression. Indications for use is the inflammation of the upper respiratory tract and lesions of the projection of the middle ear. Has no systemic action. It is not recommended to use in case of atrophy or absence of the eardrum.
- «Bioparox». The main pharmacological effect is complementary to an anti-inflammatory effect. Antibiotic local treatment based on fusafungine is not involved in hemocirculation. Disrupts the process of cellular metabolism of microorganisms, localized in the projection of the nasal cavity and nasopharynx, therefore, equipped with two attachments: nose and throat. The antibiotic is not peculiar to drug interactions with other drugs. It is not excluded side effects from the medication: dryness of mucous, coughing, retching, throat irritation, soft tissue swelling, allergic reactions. In Russian pharmacies «Bioparox» can be bought on average for 450 rubles, which is two times more expensive than its counterparts.
Aerosols combined action
To achieve rapid regression prescribers with fixed combinations of active substances. Among their advantages – ease of use, improving the efficiency of treatment. Most often in the spectrum of activity includes anti-inflammatory, secretolytic, mucolytic effects.
A pronounced therapeutic effect nasal have the following tools:
- Vibrocil. Medicinal composition forms a phenylephrine which relieves nasal congestion and dimetindene, blocks the activity of the H-1 histamine receptors. Wide application in otolaryngology for the relief of symptoms of rhinitis of different etiology provides a triple action: vasoconstrictor, anti-allergic and decongestant. In the manufacturer’s instructions among the adverse events indicated the likelihood of itching and burning sensation in the nasal cavity after irrigation.
- «Pinosol.» The pharmacological effect is manifested through the stimulation of epithelialization of tissues, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action. Refers to a group of natural products which are used for acute and chronic rhinitis. In the composition of the slurry is present butylhydroxyanisole, which can provoke irritation of the skin, eyes, mucosa of the nose.
- «Rinofluimutsil». Present dissolve changes the biological properties of the pathological secretion, liquefies mucus and facilitates its evacuation. Alpha-blocker neutralizes signs of rinorei, relieves inflammation and hyperemia of the soft tissues, restore drainage function.
Tip! Contraindicated using»Rinofluimutsil» with MAO inhibitors and TCAS. Be wary appoint patients with arterial hypertension, angle-closure glaucoma, allergic reactions.
A good tool for the treatment is a drug which has a high therapeutic efficacy with minimum adverse effects, affects the cause of pathological disorders, quickly normalizes the natural state of the patient.
If you focus on the ratio price-quality, the first position is a vasoconstrictor nasal suspension «Naphazoline», moisturizer «Akvamaris», a drug with complex action «Vibrocil».