The child is constantly coughing: what to do and why all the time coughs
What to do if a child is constantly coughing?
Inflammation of the upper airway in a young child can cause fear of young parents. To get rid of the disease is important not only to establish the correct cause of continuous cough, but to pass full medical treatment. This together with the kid it is necessary to consult with a qualified physician to establish all of the factors and accompanying symptoms.
Immediately seek medical help if the child began to complain of pain in the chest, hoarseness, fever, itching and irritation in the throat. The totality of these signs may be indicative of more dangerous processes in the throat than you think.
Why the child is constantly coughing
To identify the cause of the inflammation can be due to the clinical picture. Cough, as a rule, is not an independent disease, but only one of the symptoms of diseases of ENT organs. If the baby coughs continuously for one or more weeks, we can talk about tuberculosis, pneumonia or a severe allergic reaction.
In addition, itching and irritation in the Airways may appear in the background of various benign or malignant tumors. In addition, scholars have identified more than twenty reasons for persistent cough.
The most dangerous disease in the respiratory system is considered to be tuberculosis. This disease most often affects children up to ten years, but the disease has no time limit and can appear in adults.
An infectious disease that appears due to different types of germs and bacteria, infects the tissue of the lungs. In particularly difficult cases, TB may spread to nearby organs.
Mycobacteria, namely, the tubercle Bacillus, affect respiratory system, causing coughing, fever, bleeding, intoxication and other symptoms. After inflammation, the disease occurs in a latent form, so it is important to take urgent measures for treatment of tuberculosis.
If you notice coughing up blood, cough in a child will pay attention to this stuff.
Frequent cough can cause pneumonia. Acute lesions of the respiratory system infectious or inflammatory causes adverse process not only in the respiratory tissue, but also the whole cavity of the lungs.
Diagnosing pneumonia can be due to a characteristic picture. In pneumonia the child is suffering from pain in sternum, shortness of breath, cough with large secretions of pus or mucus. In addition, the formation of the following symptoms:
- cough with discharge;
- the change in body temperature;
- lethargy and drowsiness;
To cure this form of the disease difficult. In the course of treatment includes not only the use of antibiotics, and mucolytics, expectorants and anti-inflammatory medications.
Sometimes a toddler coughs due to the presence of adenoids. Adenoids – a cluster of lymphoid tissue located in the throat and nasal cavity. With the growth of the tumors, the child observes the strong deterioration of health. This is due to the fact that the tissue growth causes the development of bacterial lesions, fungi and viruses.
Cough in this form of tumors acts as a protective reflex. Most often disease is formed after the acute form of influenza, SARS, acute respiratory infections, colds or sore throats.
More information about adenoids here.
Frequent coughing often formed on the background of allergic reactions. Most often, this process appears in the spring, when the environment begins to bloom. Other common allergens include pet dander, dust, certain foods, cosmetics items.
Interesting! Typically, allergies do not cause fever or other acute symptoms.
Treatment of allergic cough in each case takes place individually, but the first thing the patient should set the type of the stimulus and fully eliminate it. Before action medication ineffective.
A reflex process in the throat can appear on the background of the development of bronchial asthma or as a result of acute respiratory disease, or SARS. In addition, there are several additional characteristics:
- the presence of foreign objects;
- overly dry air;
- the impact of air conditioners;
- for a long time in a dusty room;
- inflammation of the sheath of the bronchi;
- the inflammatory process in the bronchioles;
- whooping cough;
- acute respiratory disease;
- inflammation in the trachea;
- the formation of malignant or benign tumors.
Sometimes a cough in children occurs as a natural adaptation. It usually manifests immediately after birth of the baby and does not require a particular type of treatment. At this time you should ensure that the discharge is not clogged breathing tubes, as in this case, possible respiratory failure.
To treat cough should if fever, unwell, with no appetite.
Often the cough is formed in the night, disturbing the sleeping patient. How to cure night cough precise in this article.
Immediate assistance should be provided, if the cough is accompanied by wheezing in the throat, dryness and Zudov nasopharynx, sharp inhales and exhales that violate breath, and in the case of formation of green or yellow discharge, bleeding.
What to do if a child is constantly coughing, should find out from a specialized doctor. To make a competent course of drug therapy only after detailed diagnosis. It is important to understand that the inflammatory process in the throat can spread throughout the respiratory system for a few days, so a persistent cough should be treated in a timely manner.
In the treatment of cough in toddler it is important to transform dry cough into a productive, and then to remove the mucus with mucolytics.
By the way! During treatment ensure that the child took a large amount of purified water, because the liquid promotes rapid removal of mucus.
In the standard treatment of cough includes the following mucolytics, antiviral medicines, antibiotics and medicines for expectoration of sputum:
- If the cause of cough lies in the virus’s defeat, the kid is prescribed the following drugs — «Alfaron», «Amiksin», «Arbidol», «Tamiflu», «Peramivir», «Arbidol», «Tilorona».
- In the case of bacterial inflammation prescribe — «Oryzalin», «Multisolid», «Lisalin», «Ance», «Propolin», «Orpin», «Intrusion».
- When you cough on the background of allergic inflammation should drink «Fenkarol», «Diazolin», «Cetirizine», «Effective», «Zodak», «Zyrtec».
- As the most popular mucolytics suggest «Acetylcysteine», «Ambroxol», «Carbocisteine».
- In addition, to treat your baby’s cough with the help of pills for resorption — «Septolete», «Doctor», «Dr. Theiss».
- To expand the bronchi and to facilitate attacks, the little patient being prescribed — «berotek», «Salbutamol», «Ventolin», «Salbuvent».
- If very frequent cough in a child is characterized as dry and unproductive, the kid is prescribed «Bronholitin», «Glaucine», «Pixelation». These drugs it is best to choose the form of a syrup. They not only stimulate the bronchi, but also reduce the swelling in this area and improve the airway.
- In the productive cough, the child should use the syrups on the basis of licorice root and marshmallow root.
In addition, it is useful to use rastertime. They facilitate the excretion of mucus and markedly improve the General condition of the baby. The best drugs are considered «pulmeks baby», «Other», «Turpentine ointment».
After you pass the full course of treatment, monitor the condition of the baby. To strengthen the child’s immune system prescribers «Broncho-munal» or «Broncho-vaxom» and decoctions of medicinal herbs.
How to cure a cough in toddler folk ways can be found here.
If my child is not accompanied by fever and other acute symptoms, the child may appoint physiotherapy.
The most popular methods it is considered to:
- Introduction of medicines directly into the focus of inflammation with the help of electric current. How is the procedure of the treatment of electrophoresis described in this article.
- Powerful treatment is considered to be inhalation. Inhalation of medicinal plants and aromatic oils helps with prolonged dry cough. How to conduct a procedure find out here.
- Another method of treatment – UHF-therapy. It can be performed not only when severe or constant coughing spells, but also as prevention.
For reference! In the treatment of frequent cough in toddler it is important to know the amount needed of the drug. A self-administered doses may worsen the condition of the child.
If a child is constantly coughing, don’t ignore the process. In the absence of proper treatment, he will go into a chronic phase. Keep in mind that the use of medicines without first consulting dangerous to the health of the child patient.