The child is constantly scratching his nose: the reason why my nose itches
What to do if your child has itchy nose?
Itching, burning and tingling are due to exogenous factors. For this reason a person is severe discomfort and irritation of the mucous membrane inside the nose and also the unpleasant feeling in the skin due to exposure to nerve endings. The reason for this process may lie in allergic reactions, stress, feelings, mechanical damage to the nose of the baby.
Before starting treatment, it is important to establish the root cause of this process and try to destroy the factors of formation of itching. To determine the true diagnosis and further medical therapy, consult dermatologist.
Causes unpleasant sensations in the nasal cavity in most cases are formed due to allergic reactions. Contacting the skin and allergic pathogens leads to irritation of soft tissues. As a result of this process the baby itching and burning in the cavity. In addition, to cause burning of the nasal cavities may lack of hygiene or because of the dryness of the air in the living room.
If your child is constantly scratching his nose, check the condition of the skin on the subject of infectious diseases. In addition, the nose may itch in connection with bacterial lose his wings.
Diseases of the skin
The main causes of itching skin are skin diseases. The treatment will depend on the type of pathogen and the nature of the disease.
- The most common form of skin disease is considered to be a sycosis in nose. Inflammation is characterized as a loss of hair follicles in the epidermis. The disease appears on a background of bacterial lesions of the body. The cause of the sycosis in nose lies in long-term rhinitis of bacterial nature, untreated injuries on the nose, due to neurological disorders.
- Another common form of the disease is eczema of the nose. During the development of the disease the patient noted the formation of severe itching, burning, and irritation of the skin. Palpation patients report extreme discomfort.
- A contagious disease in which one feels irritation of the skin – scabies. Inflammation is the result of lesions of the nose cessationism mite. During the development of the disease patients notice a rash, change the color of the skin, formation of pustules.
- Another disease from the group of skin diseases, dermatosis. Skin disorders is formed on the background of the influence of the microflora inside the nose or due to genetic predisposition.
- In addition to these reasons, the nose may itch due to atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, disorders of the microflora.
For reference! If the nose itches constantly, you should check the condition of the baby, as this symptom signals the beginning of dermatosis.
In addition to skin diseases, common cause of itching of the skin becomes Allergy.
Any prolonged contact with allergens causes inflammation of the skin. As a result of this process, the kid complains about discomfort, burning sensation in nose and constant itching in the mucosa.
The main agents for such a reaction be plant pollen, pet dander, household chemicals, certain foods, medicines, cosmetics.
How to cure allergic rhinitis here.
In the course of allergic reaction toddler complains of a number of acute symptoms:
- watery eyes;
- abundant mucus;
- itching in the nose;
- swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- nasal congestion, worse in the night;
- redness of the tip of the nose;
- change the color of the skin;
- redness of the eyes;
- swelling of the face;
With allergic respiratory tract lesions, swelling of the mucous acts as the main symptom. Return to nasal breathing and improve the patient’s condition can only remove a contact from the agent of the disease.
In some cases itching and burning of the mucosa and skin of the baby appears on the background of adverse effects of the external environment.
To determine the presence of exogenous factors is possible by checking the humidity level in the living room. In addition, a rash appears because of the following reasons:
- excessively dry air in the living room;
- the impact of an air conditioner;
- failure to comply with rules of hygiene;
- adverse environment and bad environment.
In addition to these reasons, the child’s nose may be very itchy in the cold season. At this time, the apartment is hard at work heating, which causes a decrease in humidity. Dehydration of the nasal mucosa leads to several unpleasant symptoms, of which itching and burning act as a warning sign.
Important! To get rid of dry just. Just install the humidifier. What camera to choose, please click here.
Why the child itches the nose in winter time, we have seen, but in the summer this symptom indicates excessive exposure to sunlight. Abuse of walks in the sun can lead to overheating and a number of unpleasant sensations.
Mechanical damage is another cause of the formation of itching in the nasal cavity. As a rule, toddlers don’t monitor the activity of play and often injure the nasal passages. To avoid complications, parents should daily inspect the nasal passages of the baby and, if necessary, to handle the nose with antiseptic solutions.
For the same reason can be attributed to insect bites. Bees, wasps, and other arthropods cause severe reactions due to the penetration of poison into the skin. Often, this process causes an allergic reaction in soft tissues.
Remember! When the insect bites it is important to take immediate action, as allergies can lead to anaphylactic shock.
The necessary treatment depends on the cause of the formation itching and burning. To take any drugs to treat kids without consultation may lead to the formation of side effects and other unwanted processes.
After diagnosing the type of inflammation and the establishment of the stimulus, drug therapy is prescribed. What to do if your child has itchy nose Allergy:
- To reduce the sensitivity of the receptors and to eliminate mucus and itching in the nose are appointed antihistamines «Cethrin», «Zyrtec», «Aerius», «Suprastin».
- To eliminate the symptoms of dermatitis, the doctor will prescribe glucocorticosteroid ointment «Lorinden», «Advantan», «Alloderm». These drugs cannot be used for preventive purposes.
- In the course of treatment for allergic reactions includes the use of ointments on the basis of panthenol. Funds will relieve symptoms of irritation and calms the skin.
Moreover, the patient is helpful to rinse the nasal passages any fibrestore. They relieve the swelling of tissues and rebuild the airway.
Remember! In the treatment of allergic reactions not to accept more drugs than prescribed by a doctor. Drug misuse can lead to overdose.
Therapy for dermatitis
In diseases of an infectious nature, the patient may prescribe anti-inflammatory ointments, debridement of the nasal passages and other drugs. To choose a course of treatment should be with a dermatologist.
To eliminate itching and discomfort is assigned to the following treatment:
- To eliminate an allergic reaction will help the ointment «Zanocap», «Eplun», «Gitan». They are considered to be non-hormonal, so it is allowed to treat even the youngest children.
- To speed up the process of recovery can corticosteroids «Prednisolone», «Dexamethasone», «Triamcinolone».
- To get rid of the inflammation completely, you need to use antiseptic creams «Zindal», «Netterm», «Desitin». They not only destroy bacteria and viruses that hit the skin, but also will accelerate the healing process.
- In the future, the patient need to take drugs that enhance immune system function. The best medicines are considered «Mielosan», «Cyclophosphamide», «Chlorambucil».
In the course of complex treatment includes the use of vitamins and mineral complexes.
Treatment mechanical damage
If the little patient is suffering from itching due to bites or trauma, it is important to prevent allergic reactions and reduce pain. Violations of the integrity of the skin should be treated with antiseptic preparations or special ointments.
Alleviate the sensation of pain can following drugs: «Nasulin», «Psili-balm», «Seventy», «Elidel».
Keep in mind! When selecting products it is important to take the time to familiarize with the annotation. Some medications can be prohibited for children up to 12 years.
If the child itches the nose, it is important to pay attention to this symptom. Thus, the body signals the inflammation of the nerve endings in the skin. Such processes cause the Allergy conditions in your child’s life and a number of other reasons. The clinical picture in all cases very different from each other, therefore the treatment can only therapist.