The child long is a cold why, what and how to cure
What to do if the child does not pass a cold.
Common rhinitis is the most common disease and met everyone. This kind of cold is considered an acute form, but can be easily treatment of various vasoconstrictor agents and lavage. But what if the child does not pass a cold and its duration is longer than one week? In this case, the little patient must have a medical emergency, as not passing a runny nose in a child 2 years and older threat.
In protracted cold quite badly deteriorating health. The child’s increased body temperature, there chills, fever, severe fatigue. He may refuse to eat and sulk. All these symptoms are debilitating baby, so it’s important to know how to treat a child’s runny nose if it is a long time.
The reasons for the long cold
Acute rhinitis occurs when infected person or in case of contact with the body some viruses and bacteria. This type of rhinitis occurs is quite difficult, because every hour torments the patient abundant mucous secretions and headaches.
With the development of the disease the patient has a body temperature that reaches up to 39 degrees Celsius, and a stuffy nose and feeling bad. The penetration of malicious infection in the upper respiratory tract is dangerous for the child because it can cause chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, otitis media or tonsillitis. Therefore, any pathology in the nose should arouse the attention of parents.
Remember that rhinitis is a disease that can not pass by itself, so start the treatment of rhinitis in a timely manner.
Before beginning treatment it is important to determine why the child is a long time in the cold. The root cause in most cases lies in the virus or infectious lesions of the body.
With this inflammation of the clinical picture is as follows:
- nasal congestion;
- the twang of a voice;
- increased body temperature;
- refusal to eat;
- abundant mucus.
In some cases, viral rhinitis accompanied by purulent secretions. This symptom indicates the complication of the disease and requires urgent treatment.
Common cause of rhinitis is allergies.
Usually it is on pet hair, food, flowering, pollen, household, or chemical vapors.
Seasonal or year-round allergic rhinitis treatment starts with establishing the cause of inflammation.
While the patient not define the type of allergen and get rid of it, medication will flow inefficiently.
The effects of inflammation
Often rhinitis, which lasts seven days, is the result of improperly cured of the flu or a cold. Complications infections are dangerous for a small child, as they can cause the formation of hearing loss or blindness.
In addition, the child’s treatment is a powerful medicines can cause allergic reactions or drug-induced rhinitis.
One of the most common causes in childhood trauma. The children in active play can cause injury to the nasal cavity and does not immediately notice this factor. In addition, babies often stick in the mucous part of the nose parts from small toys that also causes a protective reaction of the organism in the form of rhinitis.
If the place of injury of the mucosa part or the nasal septum is not immediately obvious, the patient may form a protracted rhinitis.
Inflammation of the respiratory tract
A long and painful nose in a child may receive as a result of inflammation in the Airways. In the infant this area is affected quite often. This is due to a weak immune system and a lack of protective reactions.
Therefore, long-term rhinitis need to undergo urgent diagnosis, since the baby can identify the following ailments:
- sinusitis — inflammation of the sinuses in the upper jaw. At this disease the baby is formed not only abundant secretion of mucus, but pus. The disease is accompanied by severe deterioration of health and the acute symptoms;
- sinusitis — inflammation in the frontal sinus. With the progression of the sinusitis of the baby there allocation mucous secretion not only through the nose but the throat.
These types of diseases require complex treatment.
In addition to these reasons, in a young patient can diagnose additional factors. These include:
- chronic rhinitis;
- prolonged use of vasoconstrictor drugs;
- the formation of adenoids;
- a cyst in the nasal cavity;
- frequent hypothermia, or prolonged exposure under the sun;
- congenital pathology.
Keep in mind that long-term rhinitis has a major detrimental effect on the respiratory tract, so begin treatment at the very beginning of the development of the disease.
How to cure prolonged cold
It is important to seek help from a doctor promptly. After examining the baby, the technician will quickly determine the form of inflammation and its cause, but only after clinical studies doctor will be able to make an accurate diagnosis.
Keep in mind that in the absence of treatment, the inflammation will find challenging complications, and will never pass on their own.
Determining the cause of the disease to start treatment. Usually includes drug therapy and some physiotherapy.
If the rhinitis does not pass more than two weeks, the doctor prescribes drug therapy.
A necessary condition for the treatment is complying with all regulations, dosages and doctor’s appointments.
- The first thing the patient needs to rinse with specialized solutions.
- In the case of allergic rhinitis patient is prescribed antihistamines. It is best to take the medicines intended for treatment of children — claritin, Citrine, Suprastin, Diazolin. In addition to improving health, these drugs will reduce swelling and will also reduce the amount of mucus.
- To allergic rhinitis has not arisen again, avoid contacts with allergens.
- If rhinitis is a viral or infectious nature, the necessary antiviral medicines – Anaferon, Interferon Grippferon, Aflubin.
- To eliminate long rhinitis can drugs based on medicinal herbs. These include various essential oils, the Throat, Pinosol. They have antiseptic and mucolytic action.
- In addition, the treatment includes the use of nasal vasoconstrictor medications — Nazol, ksimelin, Nazivin, Naphazoline.
Keep in mind that vasoconstrictor drugs are not intended for the treatment of children under two years of age.
If all the above are passed, but the long-awaited no effect, the little patient will prescribe antibiotic drugs. Antibiotics are also needed if the child had snot yellow or green. If treatment at this stage will be disrupted, the baby may form acute otitis media.
To popular antibiotics for the treatment of children include eye drops with a content of necessary substances – Izofra, Polideksa or Bioparox.
To use such drugs from the age of two.
In addition to antibiotics, the patient will be prescribed an antiseptic — Dioxidine, Miramistin.
Such medications will destroy harmful microorganisms and improve the General condition of the child. Keep in mind that to use all the means necessary in accordance with the dosage that will appoint a children’s doctor.
In addition to medications and other forms of treatment, it is necessary to provide some conditions in the living room.
- For starters, do not forget to ventilate the room every two hours.
- Daily spend wet cleaning.
- Repair of a sleeping kid’s room all the items that collect dust.
- In allergic rhinitis determine the cause and correct it immediately.
- Follow the food. The kid should not take too hot food, as well as savoury dishes.
In addition, you must follow the sleeping child. It is best to raise the corner of the bed 45 degrees. To install in a living room humidifier.
Prolonged treatment of rhinitis takes place over one to two weeks. If during the therapy the patient feels no improvement or a runny nose is not runny for more than a month, you need to repeat the diagnosis.