The fungus Candida treatment, advice, prevention
A yeast infection or the candidiasis refers to the section «Gynecology» is a feminine fungal disease that affects mucous membranes, skin, internal organs, respiratory, digestive and nervous system. It is not a venereal disease, as erroneously suggested by some girls. Candidiasis causes a yeast-like fungus Candida. Causes and symptoms of the infection are specific. Fungi Candida — about 150 varieties. The main causative agent in many cases is Candida albicans.
What is the fungus Candida albicans?
Candida albicans is a unicellular microorganism type. They are widely distributed in nature. Fungi of the genus Candida is the bacteria that live in the human body. Over the past 30 years research has shown that approximately 57% of the fungus located on the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat. For thrush depends on the state of the immune system.
Fungal cells of the genus Candida are round, their size is about 10 microns. It is resistant to adverse conditions micro-organisms that can survive in a different environment. The optimum temperature for fungus development is 21-37 degrees. Thrush develops when the body’s defenses are weakened.
A yeast infection is a female disease, and statistics says that 50% of women have candidiasis in recurrent form.
The fungus Candida classification: types of yeast infection and its variants
The causes of the disease are reduced to nothing unchecked to the active reproduction of yeast-like microorganisms. The fungi Candida can cause infection in different areas of the body, which differs in the form of currents and the number of relapses. Though Candida and has 150 species, this does not mean that all of them can be related to human diseases.
Dangerous to humans are Candida species:
- Candida albicans;
- Candida globrata;
- Candida tropicalis.
They can cause different types of yeast infection. Classification of candidiasis, invited experts — conditional, but knowing her, it is possible with high probability to identify the species of fungi and causes of disease.
Given the severity of the disease and the activity of the fungus Candida there are the following types of thrush:
- Surface – the easiest stage, and therefore treatable in the early stages. The fungus develops on the skin, nails and mucous membranes. One can often hear the name «Terry thrush» or «red yeast».
- Systemic fungus is able to penetrate the epithelium and infect the internal organs. As a rule, the defeat of the respiratory and digestive system occurs when the immune system is weakened. Vulnerable patients with AIDS or cancer diseases that gynecology studies.
- Sepsis is an extremely dangerous condition. A fungus of the genus Candida affects the whole body through the blood. Treatment is quite complicated, and possible death.
Fungi of the genus Candida can cause different forms of yeast infection:
- The acute form is the first stage, which is very easily treatable, if properly diagnosed and explained the causes of the disease. The typical symptoms manifest themselves in a period not exceeding 2 months.
- The chronic form often develops on the background of inappropriate treatment or insensitivity to the drug components. Often with this form women face. In the chronic form of the women can select these types of fungus – persistent (sluggish) and recurrent (systematic).
- Candidhosting is the case when there is no disease, but the tests indicate that in the body of a huge number of Candida fungus which can be transferred by contact.
Types of candidiasis can be classified according to the location:
- Urogenital – affects the urinary system and the mucous membrane of the genital organs.
- Visceral fungus gets through the epithelium to the internal organs, thus affecting the digestive, respiratory and nervous system.
- Thrush of the oral cavity are common in children.
- Candidiasis of skin and nails – doctors call it a congenital yeast infection that is transmitted during childbirth or in the period of carrying a child.
Many people are interested in information about what is a yeast infection, as it examines gynecology, how it manifests itself, how it develops, what symptoms it inherent.
What is thrush and how it manifests itself: causes, symptoms
Thrush is a fungal infectious inflammation of the mucous membranes of the vaginal walls caused by a fungus of the genus Candida. Thrush is not a venereal disease. Clinical symptoms of candidiasis are similar to other diseases of the genitourinary system. Thrush may accompany sexually transmitted diseases: gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia. Often, violations occur in the digestive system such as constipation, diarrhea etc.
Where does the fungus of the genus Candida? In the female body in the digestive system and vagina is Candida, which together with other microorganisms and lactic acid bacteria create a favorable flora in the vagina. But the death of good bacteria fungus takes over and the symptoms of yeast infection are beginning to emerge. The main reason for the development of candidiasis is the decrease in immunity. Microflora is disturbed, the fungus actively proliferates and develops thrush.
Reasons that may cause candidiasis in women:
- Antibiotic therapy is the reception of bacterial preparations a strong impact, which destroy the beneficial bacteria. It is therefore necessary in the treatment take antibiotics and antifungal medications, if the symptoms of yeast infection started to show.
- Contraceptives – they provoke increased levels of the hormone estrogen, and it can stimulate Candida to active reproduction.
- Psychological stress, depression and stress can also cause thrush.
- Pastries, yeast dough and sweet – the use of these products provokes candidiasis. The more glucose that is contained in sweets, the more favorable conditions for the development of the fungus Candida. Constipation, various disturbances in the digestive tract — a frequent phenomenon in the wrong.
- Beer is maltose is a type of sugar, and it is also triggers thrush.
- Gastrointestinal disorders – diarrhea, constipation or indigestion can create favorable conditions for the development of infection.
- Constipation – if a woman often suffers from constipation, she is at risk. Constipation can also cause other serious diseases.
- Diabetes – high blood sugar contributes to the development of the disease.
It should be remembered that improper personal hygiene, use of poor quality pads, tampons, and hygiene products, poor quality cheap lingerie can also cause disease. And red yeast infection in which the mucosa is inflamed, in this case a frequent occurrence. Thrush has a fairly specific symptoms, enabling you to quickly identify the presence of the fungus. Many women independently recognize the disease and begin to self-medicate, and is strictly prohibited.
Symptoms of candidiasis:
- specific vaginal discharge with lumps similar to cottage cheese;
- the presence of itching and burning in the vagina and on the skin (extremely prohibited to scratch the places where the mucous membrane is irritated, as it can cause severe inflammation);
- painful and uncomfortable magnitudine (irritated mucosa upon exposure to urine begins to burn due to the fact that increased susceptibility receptors);
- a painful and burning sensation during intimacy is one of the reasons setcatalog need to abstain from sexual intercourse;
- peculiar smell – it reminds the smell of homemade yogurt.
For thrush if no symptoms such as itching and burning, it can say that this is not candidiasis, but the disease triggered by other infectious genital lesions. But if you have even one of the symptoms you need to see a doctor, so he can correctly establish the diagnosis. Only a qualified doctor, comparing symptoms and causes, prescribe appropriate treatment.
Psychological problems can cause thrush
Psychosomatics explains the causes of yeast infection on its own. If people can not find the correct or unique solution to the problem, he begins to torment yourself, and these experiences fail in the body. Thus weakened and drained of strength the body can give a fitting rebuff to the disease. Suffer the body that is associated with a problem that man cannot solve for a long time.
Psychosomatics candidiasis is characterized by the fact that the woman has a mistrust and dislike of the man. Many women who have the disease is chronic in nature, believe that all men are dishonest and can’t wait support. Such women behave with men aggressive and constantly presenting to them the claims. Usually, the woman doesn’t trust the man and could feel protected from life’s hardships.
To understand yourself, you must do the following:
- To sit down and have a place to remember all the friends men. Search for only positive traits. Note the relationship of friends with husbands or
guys. Think about it, would these people attitude, if not understood, not communicated or have not received support from each other? Psychosomatics, as a science, necessarily includes the study of this problem.
- Learn to trust people. Think about whether you like to control the actions of others. Inflammation of the mucous membrane, skin irritation in women there is when they feel guilty in front of someone.
- Go to the mirror look at the reflection and imagine what you would like to improve, or at least a little change in yourself. It is necessary to form a new self — image psychosomatics carefully studying this aspect of the problem.
- The first thing that you should do after a NAP — go to the mirror and say, «I am the most beautiful, I like all the others. Love me and accept for who I am.»
Recommendations for successful treatment
In the presence of at least one of these symptoms, and considering those that include psychosomatics, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will prescribe the right treatment. It is impossible to self-medicate – it is fraught with consequences. To ensure that the treatment was effective and the disease was gone forever, you need to unconditionally fulfill all the recommendations of your doctor, and of course to follow some simple rules.
- recommended, as long as the course of therapy, to refrain from intimacy for at least 10 days;
- it is necessary to conduct hygienic procedures after every evacuation (ordinary water can be replaced with decoctions of herbs, solution furatsilina or soda);
- from Soaps and other intimate assets should be abandoned;
- if you suffer severe itching after cleaning you can use baby talcum powder — it will relieve the itching;
- you need to adjust the diet to refuse from sweet, fried, smoked, salty and spicy, adding in the menu dairy products and live yoghurt, which contains beneficial Lactobacillus and bifidobacteria;
- it is advisable to consume fresh fruits and vegetables, grains and legumes foods;
- during menstruation creates favorable conditions for active reproduction of fungi, so in this period you need to carefully monitor hygiene, to change pads (tampons) at least every 2 hours and wash, and even better from tampons to give up during treatment;
- underwear is one of the main reasons that can trigger yeast infections (narrow, tight and natural linen creates a so-called vacuum, and the skin sweats, so it’s best to wear underwear made from 100% cotton — during and after workouts and physical strain).
It is important to know what a yeast infection and how it appears. If each of the women will be taken seriously information about what threat candidiasis, there is a good chance still at an early stage to defeat an insidious disease.