The middle ear and its functions — functions of auditory ossicles
The structure and function of the middle ear human
One of the complex organs of the human structure that performs the function of vosponimaniya sounds and noise the ear. Except for a conductive purpose, he is responsible for the ability to inhibit the stability and location of the body in space.
The ear is placed in the temporal region of the head. Looks in the form of the ear. Diseases of the ear have serious consequences and is a threat to the overall health.
The structure of the ear
The structure of the ear has several divisions:
The human ear is exceptional and intricate designs on. However, methods of functioning and health of the body is simple.
The function of the ear is to distinguish and enhance signals of intonation, tone and noise.
There is a whole science devoted to the study of the anatomy of the ear and its many indicators.
To visualize the device works ear completely impossible, since the auditory channel is in the inner part of the head.
For the effective implementation of the main function of the middle ear human – the ability to hear, answer the following:
- The outer ear. It appears in the form of the auricle and auditory canal. Separated from middle ear by the eardrum;
- The cavity behind the eardrum called the middle ear. It includes the cavity of the ear, the auditory ossicles and the Eustachian tube;
- The last of the three types of division of the internal ear. Considered one of the most difficult parts of the organ of hearing. Responsible for the balance. Because of the peculiar form of the structure is called «labyrinth».
The anatomy of the ear includes such structural elements as:
- Protivotumanok – doubles on the tragus, located on the top of the ear lobe;
- Tragus, which is a bulge on the external ear, located on the front of the ear;
- Protivogaze in the image and likeness performs the same function as the tragus. But first processes the sounds coming from the front;
Due to this structure of the ear, the influence of external circumstances is minimized.
The structure of the middle ear
The middle ear is represented in the form of the tympanic cavity located in the temporal region of the skull.
Deep in the temporal bone contains the following elements of the middle ear:
- The tympanic cavity. It is located between the temporal bone and the external ear canal and inner ear. Consists of small bones, listed below.
- Auditory tube. This organ connects the nose and throat to the drum area.
- Mastoid. It is part of the temporal bone. Located behind the external auditory canal. Connects scales and tympanic part of the temporal bone.
The structure of the tympanic region of the ear includes:
- Hammer. It is adjacent to the eardrum and sends sound waves to the anvil and the stirrup.
- Anvil. Located between the stapes and the Malleus. The function of this body is to represent the sounds and vibrations from the Malleus to the stapes.
- Stapes. The anvil and the inner ear connects to the stapes. Interestingly, this is the smallest and lightest bone in the human. Its size is 4 mm and a weight of 2.5 mg.
These anatomical elements are the following function of the ossicles – conversion and noise transmission from the outer passage to the inner ear.
Violation of one of the buildings leads to destruction of the functions of the whole organ of hearing.
The middle ear is connected with the nasopharynx via the Eustachian tube.
The function of the Eustachian tube – pressure control that do not come out of thin air.
Bookmark sharp ears indicates a rapid decrease or increase air pressure.
A long and painful pain in the temples indicates that the ear of the person currently actively dealing with the resulting infection and protect the brain from malfunction.
Among the interesting facts about the pressure also includes reflex yawning. This suggests that the ambient pressure changes occurred that causes a reaction in the form of yawning.
The middle ear has mucous membranes.
Structure and function of the ear
It is known that the middle ear contains some of the main components of the ear, the violation of which will lead to hearing loss. As per the structure, there are important details without which the conductivity impossible.
The auditory ossicles – hammer, anvil and stirrup provide patency of the sounds and noises further on the structure of the ear. Their functions include:
- To allow smooth operation of the eardrum;
- Not to let pass the sharp and strong sound to the inner ear;
- Fit the hearing aid to different sounds, their power and height.
On the basis of these problems, it is clear that the middle ear function of the organ of hearing is unrealistic.
Remember that sudden and unexpected sounds can provoke a reflex contraction of the muscles and harm to the structure and functioning of the hearing.
Protection against diseases of the ear
In order to protect yourself from diseases of the ear, it is important to monitor the well-being and to listen to the symptoms of the body. Timely notice of infectious diseases such as otitis media, and others.
The main source of all diseases in the ear and other organs – a weakened immune system. In order to reduce the possibility of disease take your vitamins.
In addition, you should isolate yourself from drafts and hypothermia. Wear a hat in cold seasons, and don’t forget to wear a cap to a child, regardless of the temperature outside.
Don’t forget to pass the annual inspection of all organs, including the ENT specialist. Regular doctor visits will allow you to avoid inflammation and infectious diseases.
Protect yourself and your baby – do not put in the ear sharp objects can damage the eardrum. Trauma to the ear can cause serious illness.
Remember that any disease is easier to cure in the early stages of emergence. In another case, the disease of the ears can cause dangerous complications.
But if you are still ill the outer, middle, or purulent otitis media, consult a doctor-otolaryngologist. It examines the severity of the disease and prescribe a specialized treatment in the form of heat treatment, specialized ear drops or antibiotics.