The newborn different the auricle: why the different shape of the ears
Why is a child different ears?
One of the common themes from concerned parents is different of the ear in the newborn. This question is often discussed in various forums with this complaint refer to pediatricians, leafing through a mountain of literature and endless number of websites on the Internet. As a result of even greater concern.
But whether this phenomenon is of such parent nerves and emotions? Therefore, next, let’s talk about the features of the development of ears and hearing function in babies, as well as find out the causes of the asymmetry of the ears.
The hearing in the newborn: development stages
Newborn infants are not very well developed eyesight, but hearing is excellent. While still in the womb, the crumbs can hear many different sounds: the beating of mom’s heart, her voice, the noise of the outside world. Most of the sounds he even starts to react: you may wince at the sudden sound and turn his head in the direction of the noise.
Help. By the time of birth, the child the main apparatus of hearing is already fully developed.
At birth, the outside world sound all their wealth falls only up to the little man. This results in the activation function of hearing.
Already from this moment, the hearing will largely determine the development of brain activity of the new man, initially stimulating certain skills (rolling over, sitting, crawling), and further verbal and intellectual abilities.
Development of hearing in children goes through the following stages of formation:
- 1 month of life – the final forming of hearing function. The child begins to listen to the conversation skips a beat when you hear a familiar voice. From outside a loud sound – shiver;
- 3 months – hearing and speech are already developed so that the child can not only respond to mum’s voice, but also «reply» to her babbling. But do not hurry up to read the baby stories and rhymes – baby not yet able to concentrate on this;
- 5-6 months – children at this age respond to his own name, turn the head in the direction of the sound, listen. Loud sudden sounds can scare babies so that they can cry. But if to play with them – they will laugh;
- 6 months – 1 year – children begin to respond to sounds of varying intensity, easily recognizing where they come from. They can hear and understand the voice of the parents. Thus feedback – pronunciation kids of an increasing number of words and maintenance of a variety of gestures.
Passing these stages of formation, the children’s hearing contributes to the development of verbal abilities. These two functions are closely interrelated. And if you noticed some abnormalities in the development of auditory function in baby, rehabilitation should begin immediately.
In this respect, 3 years of age is critical, as too late to teach a child with hearing impairment to parse the sounds and understand speech will be very difficult.
Having considered the features of the development of hearing in babies, let us turn to the question of why the child has different ears.
Why is a child different shape of the ears
First, perhaps, is to reassure parents. Many experts actually advise not to worry about it, because children have such a phenomenon occurs quite often.
Here are all lugs different shape, different size, one ear is protruding, and the second normal – a phenomenon that age just disappears.
The lugs are the same, but if up to 5 years ears is not «aligned» — you can have cosmetic procedure, if it really confuses this difference.
In the proof above, we present comments by several of the moms on the forums, myself have experienced these problems:
Marina: «Mom, don’t worry, and don’t hit the alarm early. When our little one (she was 4 months) we noticed the difference in size of ears, then immediately rushed to the doctor. He examined, touched our ears and said that everything will be okay. And Yes, we are now 2 years and our ears are the same!»
Anna: «Such a problem I experienced. In my childhood I had different ears: one normal and the other is slightly curved and protruding. I was small and not particularly understand this, and when it began to grow, the problem disappeared by itself. Now the mother of two children: daughters ears are the same, but son went one ear of mom, and second dad.»
It is quite another thing if the baby different ears and it makes him uncomfortable. The ear may occur during sleep, after which it hurts. Kids can constantly pull and RUB, comb.
The causes of such defects may congenital or acquired type. Congenital defects of the shell of the ear include the following pathology:
- Macrotia — excessive proliferation of cartilaginous tissue that affects the proportional formation of the ear, making it large in size.
- Microtia – partial formation of the shell of the ear (small, flat or ingrown ears).
- Droopy ears – the position of the ear heads are not parallel, but at an angle. The greater the angle, the more protruding ear.
- Changing the shape of the curl of an ear – curl and bumps on the ear may be missing, it can form a rudimentary education.
- The upper part of the cartilage can be folded inwards and downwards.
- Violation of the anatomical shape of the ear lobe double lobe, fused or her absence.
Virtually every deviation is mainly cosmetic, the microtia may be associated with atresia of the auditory canal, which leads to the violation of auditory function.
Help. Each defect may be unilateral and bilateral.
Acquired type of defects in the shells of the ear is caused by such phenomena:
- ear trauma;
- the influence of chemical agents;
- poorly performed surgery;
- the ear disease.
Keloid scar – acquired form of deformation of the ear that is most common. Nature of its appearance, the formation of a variety. Looks like a growth on the skin in the area of the lobe or the entire ear.
To a greater extent this phenomenon causes aesthetic problems. No harm to health, they are not, except for some previously mentioned.
Additionally, for very young children this condition (if not disturbing and does not bring discomfort) is nothing terrible and in most cases with age just disappears, leaving only a trace on the nervous system of the parents.